• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Signia or Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek. Which has the better pool?

kenny

DIS Veteran
Only going to be there one night but was planning on relaxing by the pool. Everything Disney hotel is booked. Which of the 2 has a better pool for a 12 year old?

Only going to be there one night but was planning on relaxing by the pool. Everything Disney hotel is booked. Which of the 2 has a better pool for a 12 year old?
I can speak for Signia but have stayed at Club Wyndham in a condo a few times and it's a great place with many pool options.

We've stayed at both and love them both. My vote would be for Club Wyndham. There is something about the place that has always felt special to us. The pool area is as nice as Disney resorts and usually a lot less crowded. We travel with 6 people so usually need two rooms at Signia. The atmosphere at Club Wyndham is a little more relaxed as the Signia hosts a lot of business groups. The last thing we care to see on vacation is a bunch of people dressed for meetings. We are on vacation trying to escape that atmosphere.

The Wyndham has a Spanish fort pool area and a pirate ship pool area with a water slide and a floating river - both are beautifully landscaped with nearby pool bars/food and a walkpath circling the lake that takes you to minigolf and lots of other recreation (ping pong, pool tables, arcade games, crafts, outdoor movie nights by one of the other resort pools, outdoor stage, etc.). It's very family-friendly and your 12 year-old would likely enjoy it very much! Sorry I can't make specific comparisons with The Signia's pools since I haven't stayed there. But it is a hotel and won't offer the full extent of family-friendly activity options that a combined hotel/timeshare like the Wyndham at Bonnet Creek can offer. If just planning on a resort day/night, then I'd choose the Wyndham, simply to have some fun indoor activity options in case of a rainy day.

Last edited:
First I think it might depend on if you have a brand preference. Both have slides, hot tubs and all the pool amenities you could want. I enjoy stays at both and love the location.

As far as Wyndham you are having to walk around a distance to the other pool areas except for yours and the pirate ship pool next door. The lazy rivers here are small and we found mostly young kids. If you don't mind walking all around or are content with just the pirate pool it would be fine. This is your hotel front pool and the pirate pool is just above where you see red. You'd need to walk a few buildings away (out of shot) to get to the lazy rivers. All pools here are shared by all buildings around the lake but we found we really didn't want to walk far so we stuck to areas by our building (we've had all our stays in same building).

The Hilton only shares the pool with the Waldorf although they have their own pool. We were very happy with the amenities, the longer lazy river and all the Hilton employees working the amenities. It def has a more upscale feel to it, a more deluxe experience. If I were only staying one night, I'd likely choose Hilton and enjoy all the fun in one pool area. It would allow you more relaxation while your child has fun close by.

I would vote the Signia by Hilton resort, beautiful resort with expansive pool and amenities, plus its connected to the Waldorf so you get to enjoy those amenities as well. There are also 7+ restaurants on-site between both resorts and they are all fantastic! La Luce at Signia is hands down probably one of the best Italian restaurants in Orlando!

You're probably already convinced, but definitely Wyndham! You can use all the pools around the lake. Two lazy rivers, slides, many hot tubs, etc.

Since posting earlier photos of the pirate pool at Wyndham Grand Orlando (Bonnet Creek), I've seen this on the Club Wyndham website:

The resort is currently undergoing renovations to Tower 6 through Jan. 2021. During this time, the pool and pirate ship will be closed with plans to reopen on Nov. 20, 2021. Additionally, you may encounter noise, dust, odors, and work crew on-site. Dates are subject to change. [emphasis added]

Good to know if you're planning a trip between now and Thanksgiving 2021! HTH!

It appears Disney is not allowing one night bookings. See if you can book a mulitnight stay, including the night you want. If it's available call and see if they can book the one night. If the night is before or after a DVC stay mention it.

If Disney isn't doing one night reservations, maybe try renting points for one night for a DVC room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter