Hilton Tokyo Bay

BecBennett

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
Has anyone stayed here before? What did you think of it, and how difficult is it to get into Tokyo for day trips if we were to stay here the entire time?

Has anyone stayed here before? What did you think of it, and how difficult is it to get into Tokyo for day trips if we were to stay here the entire time?

It's a very nice hotel, staff was great. It's easy to get to Tokyo- just take the monorail to Maihama station and then the Keiyo line will get you into Tokyo. (you can take a shuttle bus from the hotel to the monorail) When I stayed at the Sheraton, I took a day trip into the city and it worked out nicely.

I need to watch my budget- a trip to Tokyo is expensive enough for me. And while I would certainly not consider it cheap, I feel that the Hilton Tokyo Bay offers by far the greatest value for money around the Tokyo Disney Resort! I have stayed there for 4 nights in March 2012 and loved it. I can recommend it without hesitation, and will stay there again for sure! :thumbsup2

The monorail station is almost in front of the hotel, it's just a 2-3 minute walk. You could also take the free shuttle bus, but for me it was faster just walking. Like BelleBway already said, you exit the Monorail at Maihama station and take the train into Tokyo from there. The express train just takes 15 minutes to Tokyo station, i think the slow train takes about 30 minutes.

The Hilton Tokyo Bay is a very nice hotel. Staff was superb! They were very friendly and all of them seemed to speak excellent English. The rooms either have a view of the two Disney theme parks (behind a large parking lot) or the beautiful Tokyo Bay, where you can see the skyline of Tokyo and even Mount Fuji on clear days.
My room had a standard yet very modern look, though I saw that they also have some "magic rooms" for families. I had a newspaper delivered every morning, and the usual amenities such as slippers, coffee maker, etc. The bed was extremely comfortable.

Breakfast was good with a western selection including the usual: Waffles, pancakes, sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs, bread, rolls, lunchmeat, cheese,....On top of that they had some Japanese items that I've tried but didn't really care much about to be completely honest, but that's just me.

Again, I can really recommend this hotel!!

It is very easy to get to Tokyo. Take the monorail to Maihama station and you can catch a train that will connect you to central Tokyo. The Tokyo train system is very extensive and I believe every station is equipped with English signs.

The Hilton is almost directly across from the monorail station. Since you are watching your budget, you might want to try the Japanese travelzoo site (just use google translate). The Sheraton Tokyo Bay, which is directly across from the monorail, is running a special for $65/night for the next few weeks.

The Hilton is almost directly across from the monorail station. Since you are watching your budget, you might want to try the Japanese travelzoo site (just use google translate). The Sheraton Tokyo Bay, which is directly across from the monorail, is running a special for $65/night for the next few weeks.

Ugh, I wish I would have seen this earlier! That is an AMAZING price!

Am I the only person who has trouble with the Japan Travelzoo site? I use google translate, but it still might as well be in a different language :rotfl: like this:

Reviews and comments for Izu premium 5000 yen or more places got 1st place! Ocean view room half board!

No, it's not you. Japan travelzoo doesn't translate well at all. Even when it does seem to make sense, it often displays inaccurate info that doesn't quite paint the whole picture. Most travel agencies in Hawaii (other than JTB and HIS which cater to Japan/Korea/China) will have at least one agent fluent in Japanese and English - you might want to try booking over the phone. I haven't used an agency in a long time, but Panda Travel, Regal Travel, and Non-Stop Travel have been in business since I can remember.

Nah it's ok. I just like looking at the different travelzoo sites to see what deals are out there. That way something might come up at a great price that I hadn't considered doing before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter