Hip Hip Hooray for Christmas Vacation... Disney Style!!! A Dec 2010 PTR

DevonsDisneyMom

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone and :welcome: to my latest trip report!!! My name is Reese and I had so much fun sharing all of my planning experiences here for my September 2009 trip, I decided that I just HAD to start my PTR for my upcoming December 2010 trip!!! So, without further ado, Lets get this partay started!!! party:

Let's start with how this trip came to be shall we? So, I have been lucky enough to take my son, Devon to Disney World every year since he has been 16 months old, and after our September 2009 trip, I told him that we were taking at least a year or two off from going to Disney so that I could 1). Save to buy a new house and 2). I have a very demanding job and knew that I would not be able to take a vacation this year until at least the end of November. Reason being I work in broadcast advertising and being that it is a political year, we are SUPER busy with races country wide and basically can not get time off until after the general election in Nov.

Anyway, in November 2009 Devon and I were at his school's Christmas bazaar with his friend Luciano and his mom Jenn and we started talking to another mom who was actually leaving for Disney the next day. Well, the wheels started turning and Jenn and I said that the next time one of us starts planning a trip to Disney that we let the other one know so that we can go together... See we are both single moms and have found that half way thru our trips to Disney that the kiddos started getting a little antsy not having another child to interact with. Well fast forward to February... Philly had just gotten hit with a snow storm that dropped over 3 feet of snow on us and we were bracing ourselves for round two which was expected to bring us another 2-3 feet!!! :scared1: I was sitting in work and and Jenn happened to send me a text saying that she was thinking of booking a trip to Disney, did Devon and I want to go??? So, I thought about it for a minute and said you know what... What the heck, who am I kidding, I can't go without a trip to Disney for a year or 2? I responded absolutely, but reminded her that I could not go till after November 2nd. After a few minutes of chatting, we decided the following:

Who: Me (Reese), Devon (DS8), Luciano (Devon's Friend 9) and Jenn (Luciano's Mom)

When: Friday December 3rd (My Birthday) to Saturday December 11th

Where: Pop Century

Thought I share a picture of Devon and I from our September trip:

039%20%282%29.JPG

Well, that about covers the basics for the trip I think! I hope you join me in my planning journey!!! See ya all real soon!!! ::MickeyMo

Opps... I forget to tell you the trip is a SURPRISE!!! The boys don't know we're going so, Shhh.... :goofy: More to come on that later! :)

I'm here, I'm here!!!

I still cannot believe we missed each other last year and we were right across the foos ball table... :headache:

But I will be waiting this year! In the lobby of Pop with your birthday Mai Tai in hand... :thumbsup2

I'm here, I'm here!!!

I still cannot believe we missed each other last year and we were right across the foos ball table... :headache:

But I will be waiting this year! In the lobby of Pop with your birthday Mai Tai in hand... :thumbsup2

I know! How crazy was it that we completely missed each other and were right across the hall from each other the time!!! :rotfl2:

Woo Hoo!!! You are too cute!!! :goodvibes :lovestruc

And I'll owe you once for your birthday!!!

Great start to your PTR, I saw your on Toni and & Terry's. I can't believe there are 3 of us with a birthday in December staying at Pop at the same time :rotfl:.

I love surprise Disney trips, that is what we did last year and revealing the surprise was just wonderful. I can't wait to read more about your plans.

Alright... I am here now... You can start the music, and get to partying :banana:...

:dancer: Woo Hoo!!! Thanks for joining in the fun!!! How funny is it that it is the 2nd year in a row we will be going at the same time!!! Great minds think alike!!!

Great start to your PTR, I saw your on Toni and & Terry's. I can't believe there are 3 of us with a birthday in December staying at Pop at the same time :rotfl:.

I love surprise Disney trips, that is what we did last year and revealing the surprise was just wonderful. I can't wait to read more about your plans.

Hi there! Thanks for coming over! I am so excited for this trip! It really is crazy that 3 of us are going for our birthdays and ALL staying at POP!!! :rotfl:

So I have some ideas for how to surprise Devon, which I will hopefully post later, but I would love to hear any ideas you got!!! :goodvibes

Subbing...can't wait to hear all about your planning. We're usually down there around that time, but we're doing September this year.

Subbing...can't wait to hear all about your planning. We're usually down there around that time, but we're doing September this year.

Hi there!!! Thanks for joining the party!!! :woohoo:

I love Disney during the holidays! This will be my 2nd time going in early December... We went in September last year! Good times, low crowds and free dining! Can't beat that! But boy was it HOT!!! Are you doing MNSSHP? I highly recommend! It's my favorite!

Hey everyone!!! I only have a few minutes before my company’s IT Internet police catch me on the web and flag me, but I just had to do a quick update for my readers!!! Ok, so last I left off, I mentioned that this trip is a SURPRISE for Devon!!! Now, I will tell you this, last years trip was suppose to be a surprise too, but that lasted all of about a month before a opened my fat mouth and told him!!! Good news is, I have broken the secret keeping record and have not said something for over a month, but the million-dollar question remains… Will I be able to keep the secret for another 8 months??? Guess we’re all going to have a wait and find out huh? ;)

Ok, back to the surprise… I am planning on telling Devon on Thanksgiving Day, which is a week before we leave for Disney. This is an early Christmas gift for him from ME!!! Yes, yes I know I am the BEST mom ever!!! Well, maybe not the best, but he sure better think so! My thought is to get a BIG box, put the magical express yellow tags, our passes to Universal and a Disney gift card in there along with a balloon (which will hopefully float out when he opens the box) with a note attached saying something like, Merry Early Christmas pack your bags You’re GOING TO DISNEY WORLD next week!!!! Love, Mom

Well… What do you all think??? Good idea??? I’m open to suggestions so bring them on!!!

Oh, guess I should mention too that Jenn is surprising Luciano with the trip as well!!! His birthday is the Saturday following Thanksgiving and she is doing something similar to what I am. It’s going to be great, we are basically going to let the boys figure it out on their own that they are not only going to Disney World at the same time, but together! :confused3 Wonder when they will realize??? Jenn and I are hoping they don’t figure it out till we meet at the airport! How great would that be?

Till next time… See ya real soon!!!

Love the surprise idea!!

How are you guys getting to Universal?

Are you requesting a certain section at Pop?

Are you in a Standard or Preferred room?

How many more questions do I get to ask before I get annoying??? :rotfl:

Great surprise idea, it is wonderful that Devon gets to go to Disney with this friend.

I love the idea of the surprise... That will be great, just get it all on camera so that we can see his reaction... I bet they don't figure out they are going together till they get on the plane together :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Love the surprise idea!!

You get 2 questions total, and you already asked 3... :lmao: :hug:

Love the surprise idea!!

Toni, you are anything but annoying!!! Oh, and sorry I fell asleep on you last night!!! How'd bowling turn out??? :laughing:

I think we are going to call Mears... I think that they offer both taxi and shuttle service. Both run about $30. So not 100% sure which we will do.

Requested 70's section or 50's section building 1 or 3... How about you? Standard all the way... I ain't forking out the extra dough just for a place to lay my head at night! :rotfl:

Great surprise idea, it is wonderful that Devon gets to go to Disney with this friend.

Thanks Mrs K!!! I hope he appreciates it! And yes, I too think it is pretty cool he gets to go to Disney with his friend, but then again I'm a pretty cool chick and that how I roll!!! :rotfl2:

I love the idea of the surprise... That will be great, just get it all on camera so that we can see his reaction... I bet they don't figure out they are going together till they get on the plane together :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

I know I am hoping my brother will get his reaction on tape!!! And I am betting on that they don't figure it out until we at least get to the airport!!!

You get 2 questions total, and you already asked 3... :lmao: :hug:

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :laughing: You better watch it you have to live which this woman!!! :lmao:

:mad::mad::mad:

I would watch it mister... You have to sleep next to me at night...

Oh boy!!! :laughing:

Toni, you are anything but annoying!!! Oh, and sorry I fell asleep on you last night!!! How'd bowling turn out??? :laughing:

I think we are going to call Mears... I think that they offer both taxi and shuttle service. Both run about $30. So not 100% sure which we will do.

Requested 70's section or 50's section building 1 or 3... How about you? Standard all the way... I ain't forking out the extra dough just for a place to lay my head at night! :rotfl:

Bowling was good... Terry didn't do as well as he normally does... But he had fun so that is all that matters... It was nice to get out of the house...

He will being doing it every Tuesday so you can just plan on that being a night that we text... :laughing:

We are booked for a preferred room right now, but I wasn't sure if we would keep it or not... MrsK is in a preferred also, so I think we may just leave it alone and hope we can be somewhat close together... Although the extra money on the preferred room would buy me a Dooney... :scratchin

Bowling was good... Terry didn't do as well as he normally does... But he had fun so that is all that matters... It was nice to get out of the house...

He will being doing it every Tuesday so you can just plan on that being a night that we text... :laughing:

We are booked for a preferred room right now, but I wasn't sure if we would keep it or not... MrsK is in a preferred also, so I think we may just leave it alone and hope we can be somewhat close together... Although the extra money on the preferred room would buy me a Dooney... :scratchin

Sweet!!! My dad bowls every Friday night... I usually bring Devon over once a month to watch him, but he ends up running around and playing video games in the arcade, not much different then at home really!!! :rotfl: I will look forward to your Tuesday bowling texts then! Just don't be upset if a fall asleep on you! :laughing:

Well, now that your Dad is buying you the Dooney, you can say in a preferred room!!! :cool1: So with the preferred location, where did you all request to stay, the 60's. Hopefully we will be close to you! I have to say thou, I think where we stayed last year in the 70's was pretty darn convenient. I would be absolutely fine staying there again.

So, I will give you more details when I text you later, but when you texted me last night night I was in the freakin hospital with Devon... Long story! Has some stomach issues going on and they are running a whole crap load of tests!!! As soon as I sign off of here, I have to quick go get ready and take him back to get a few more blood tests done that he could not have last night b/c he needed to fast! It's gonna be a long day!!! :sick:

Talk to ya later chickie!!!

Sweet!!! My dad bowls every Friday night... I usually bring Devon over once a month to watch him, but he ends up running around and playing video games in the arcade, not much different then at home really!!! :rotfl: I will look forward to your Tuesday bowling texts then! Just don't be upset if a fall asleep on you! :laughing:

Well, now that your Dad is buying you the Dooney, you can say in a preferred room!!! :cool1: So with the preferred location, where did you all request to stay, the 60's. Hopefully we will be close to you! I have to say thou, I think where we stayed last year in the 70's was pretty darn convenient. I would be absolutely fine staying there again.

So, I will give you more details when I text you later, but when you texted me last night night I was in the freakin hospital with Devon... Long story! Has some stomach issues going on and they are running a whole crap load of tests!!! As soon as I sign off of here, I have to quick go get ready and take him back to get a few more blood tests done that he could not have last night b/c he needed to fast! It's gonna be a long day!!! :sick:

Talk to ya later chickie!!!

Oh Reese... I hope everything is alright with Devon... I will text you in a minute...

Who am I kidding, I just did it right now... :)

My kids do the same thing at the bowling alley... It ends up costing us more in quarters then his weekly bowling dues!!! :confused3

We really liked where we were last year also... Can you believe we were right across from each other and I paid more money to be there?? Our room was a preferred room... Owell, we wanted to guarantee we would be closer to the food court... I am not sure if Terry will keep the preferred room or not... I think he is going to take off the park hopper option... we really do not park hop... and we can always add it when we are there if we do want to...

I am almost thinking it would be nicer to be a little further away from the Hippy Dippy Pool and food court, we don't have any kids this time so we don't have to be right there... You know I am going to add this to my list of random junk in my head right??? :rolleyes:

Oh Reese... I hope everything is alright with Devon... I will text you in a minute...

Who am I kidding, I just did it right now... :)

My kids do the same thing at the bowling alley... It ends up costing us more in quarters then his weekly bowling dues!!! :confused3

We really liked where we were last year also... Can you believe we were right across from each other and I paid more money to be there?? Our room was a preferred room... Owell, we wanted to guarantee we would be closer to the food court... I am not sure if Terry will keep the preferred room or not... I think he is going to take off the park hopper option... we really do not park hop... and we can always add it when we are there if we do want to...

I am almost thinking it would be nicer to be a little further away from the Hippy Dippy Pool and food court, we don't have any kids this time so we don't have to be right there... You know I am going to add this to my list of random junk in my head right??? :rolleyes:

Thanks girl!!! I'm glad you texted me!!! It felt good to talk to some one who knows about belly issues!!!:goodvibes

You know what we don't really hop either, but this year with dining at alot of places in Epcot we need it!

I know I loved the closeness to where we were last year at POP... I think if I don't get there at check in, I think I am going to ask in anything is available there! Plus that section was just redone! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter