Hisprincess' planning journal, March 04, 2008! SP/CG/Morocco DP

hisprincess

Mouseketeer
Well, I thought that I would join in the whole planning journal trend here. It's not going to be much, but here it goes.

Bride: Me (Merisa)
Groom: Adam

How we met:

Adam and I met about 3 1/2 years ago at the wedding of a mutual friends sister. At the time, neither one of us was looking for anything serious as I had just gotten out of a serious relationship and he simply wasn't ready for anything at the time. We had a great time at the wedding, but due to the circumstances, did not actually talk to each other again for about a month. At that time, he had called me and I agreed to hang out with him and our same mutual friend as previously stated and her bf, and from then on we were basically inseperable.

The proposel:
We had been talking for awhile about getting married and knew that we were going to. We took a trip down to disney this last christmas '06 and I was positive that he was going to pop the question there, but he didn't. Needless to say, I was disapointed, especially when we saw a few weddings going on while we were there. Well, a few months later, (March 15) I called him on my way home from classes and thought he was acting a bit funny, but it was also close to my bday so thought that maybe he had gotten me a bday present early. When I stopped by his house later on that day, he was still acting very odd, and I was begining to think, did he get me a ring?? Well, I had to run out to my car to get a book, and when I came into the house he was in his room, so I went on in after talking with his 3 year old niece for a few minutes who was also over (this ties in in a minute). So I walked into his room and he hands me a mini etch-a-sketch, and I'm like, "ok, what do you want me to do with this?". He told me to read it, so I look down at his neices toy and written on it is "Will You Marry Me?" When I look back up at him, he is down on one knee in front of me holding the ring out to me, and says again to me, will you marry me? Now at this point, I am about ready to cry and am begining to jump up and down a bit and obviously I said yes!

Now we (and when I say we I mean I) are planning our DFTW!:cheer2:

IM000391.jpg
[/IMG]

This is my e-ring and wedding ring together, which he picked out all by himself. I love them and think they are just perfect for my little fingers of size 4 1/4.:goodvibes

We are having the cermony at Sunset Point at 2:30 pm.
P1010174.jpg

I just love that you can have the water, beach, tropical theme, and castle all together in one location. It definatly fits me.

We are having the famous Randy for a photographer and Stan from STVS for video. Rev. Jack Day is booked to perform the ceremony. I don't yet have a planner yet as the agreement was just sent out today, so up until now I've been talking with Doreen. I've booked Beautie Speciale for my hair and makeup and Carolyn Allens for steaming my dress as it has to come all the way from Michigan in a car.

I also plan on us eating afterwards at California Grill and hopefully if I can time everything right, going on a wishes cruise afterwards.

The Dress!
This is my dress, it's a Marys

IM000408.jpg

IM000411.jpg

and this is the detailing and the train..
IM000412.jpg

My veil is a Davids Bridal that I found off ebay for much cheaper
s07_595.jpg

and this is my tiara, which I just ordered today from ebay
t259a.jpg

t259b.jpg

I have my shoes, but don't have a pic yet, when I get one I'll post it

This is the purse I ordered from DFTW
cus_rec_giftfav_10.jpg

Your dress is absolutely stunning. I also love your little bridal bag, how do you order things from DFTW? Is that the bag with the little mickey heads on?

Gorgeous Dress! Subscribing

DisneyFairy19 Your dress is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Thanks! Christina, I've actually seen in other posts how much you like CG, and that helped me make my decision to pick it to eat at!

poohface Your dress is absolutely stunning. I also love your little bridal bag, how do you order things from DFTW? Is that the bag with the little mickey heads on?

Thanks, and yes it is the bag with the mickey heads on it. I havn't gotten it yet, it should arrive by this weekend I'm thinking. To order things from DFTW just call them at 407-827-3505. There is also a website www.disneyfloral.com, but the wedding stuff such as the purse isn't on there.

Thanks! Christina, I've actually seen in other posts how much you like CG, and that helped me make my decision!

Thanks, and yes it is the bag with the mickey heads on it. I havn't gotten it yet, it should arrive by this weekend I'm thinking. To order things from DFTW just call them at 407-827-3505. There is also a website www.disneyfloral.com, but the wedding stuff such as the purse isn't on there.

Thanks so much, I will give them a phone tomorrow. :banana:

A fellow Michigan bride. What city are you from in MI? I live near the Flint area and my wedding is March 3, 2008. :cheer2:

I can't wait to learn more about your wedding too! I fly down for my planning session tomorrow, so I am going to get my planning journal up after I'm back.

I almost forgot, the colors of the wedding are going to be purple and silver. We are going to have a sand ceremony since it will be outside and I really dont think that a candle would work very well. I found this set from kensingtonclassics, and I think it is very nice. They engrave it for you to say whatever you want. We will be putting a grayish silver and lilac colored sand into it.
featurekensingtonclassics.jpg

I also plan on making us some sort of shirt that has this minnie and mickey on it
MinnieMickeyWedding.gif

I also have a canvas bag that I am going to put something on, but I havn't quite figured out what yet exactly. something with the castle and our names and wedding date, or somthing about being the bride probably.

We are also having an 'at home' reception and I am making the invites to that. It is basically this pic in the background that I faded to make look like a water mark rather than a pic..
golden_castle.jpg

and all the wording is just in a dark purple.

I found a website the other day that has all sorts of nice favors if anybody is interested it is..http://www.favorwarehouse.com/fairytale-theme-favors.html. I plan on getting some stuff off of there soon.

I have been really stressing out about what to do with my hair! I have long hair that tends to lose curl pretty easily when there is humidity around. This is a problem because I really do not like wearing it up, and I would really prefer to keep it down. I have come to the conclusion that I will plan on wearing it down but have a backup updo incase the sylists don't think it'll stay curled well down. These are what I'm going to try to do with it down
012.jpg

weddings.jpg

Since I feel the most comfortable with my hair down, and DF likes it best that way, I figure I'll give it a try.

Holy Moly figmentfan814!!:eek: I live a little north of Flint! How crazy is that, we live really close to each other and our weddings are a day apart!! What a small world!

So I went into Davids Bridal the other day to look at tiaras and stuff like that when I came across a wrap/shawl thingy, I'm not sure what its called. Anyway, I looked at it just to look and because my wedding events will go on into the night and I'm not sure how cold it will get. I'm one of those people will can be cold when its 80 out. So, I look at this wrap and it is originally $40 and on sale for $10, so you better believe I bought that sucker!
s06_0350-L0402B_WH.jpg

I know what necklace I want, but I still have to go get it. It is actually the one that they put on me in the pics of me in my dress.

Some things I like but havn't made decisions about yet because I don't yet have a planner. I am very excited to start everything though and have begun to already thanks to everybody else on here.
2004_1125Image0028.jpg

578653843107_0_ALB.jpg
-just not as big
castlecake.jpg

I like this just in purple and the white flowers not sticking out the way they are..
2007-04-10-1214-04_editedgfd.jpg

I also want to get the hidden mickeys in my bouqet, I think its so cute and when I found out that could be done I decided right then and there I had to have it!

I was considering a DP instead of a wishies cruise, but I realized it didn't really fit into our budget. I was also thinking that I might contact the Poly and see if they can help me do something on that beach to watch the fireworks rather than the boat. I'm not sure if they do this, but I plan on asking my planner or the resort.

As you can see, I've been spending most of today on wedding things. As I was just looking for jewelry, I found this picture of a hairstyle that I really like. The thing is, its an updo. So, now I'm torn between the first 2 down styles
weddings.jpg
012.jpg

and this...
008046.jpg
008045.jpg

Out of all of the decisions that have to be made for a wedding, I never thought that how I wear my hair would be the one I have the most issues with!!

P.S. Opinions are welcome about this and all other parts of this PJ! TIA

Holy Moly figmentfan814!!:eek: I live a little north of Flint! How crazy is that, we live really close to each other and our weddings are a day apart!! What a small world!

That is definitely a small world, I live in Genesee close to Clio. :cool1: Sounds like we are doing a lot of the same things; let me know if you need someone nearby to vent to!

I almost never wear my hair up, and when I do it is in a pony tail, but due to the heat and humidity (but then we are getting married in August), I will be wearing mine up. I know my DF would rather it be down and curled with hotrollers, but I know I will melt in the heat and humidity and my hair will go flat, so I am just biting the bullet and putting it up. I decided that with a veil, it won't show as much anyway. Just my 2 cents worth.

Oh my! Your dress is beautiful!!

I love the set of vases for the sand ceremony. We will probably be doing the sand ceremony since ours is outside too...

Re the hair: I guess it depends on when you're going. If your wedding was in the summer months, I'd say for sure the second hairstyle, putting it all up. But maybe it would be a bit easier to keep it down since your wedding is in March? I vote for down.. but that's just because I plan on doing mine mostly down haha... Both hairstyles you like are very pretty :goodvibes

The decision I seem to have the most issues with is flowers!! It's driving me crazy :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter