Historic Town in Western Kentucky

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
DH & I happened upon a historic town, which was really just a tourist trap, when we were traveling to Benton, KY. It had log cabins/homes to tour, a general store, restaurant(s) & an inn or two. We're going to be returning to that area soon & would like to spend a night there & take the tour. Unfortunately, we can't remember the name of the town & don't remember the road we took to get to it. We do remember that it was a two lane road & the town was at the end of the road. The only option was to go left, right or turn around from there. I also remember apartments behind the historical buildings.

It's possible that it could have been Aurora, but the pictures online don't look like what I remember. Are there any other similar historical, touristy areas around there?

Hogdenville Kentucky is birthplace of Abraham Lincoln. We visited there and it is in Western KY. I don’t remember much of the area though.

Hodgenville is more central and not really near Benton, but certainly worth seeing. The land between the lakes in western Kentucky is quite impressive.

I’m waiting for sam Gordon to give some info on the place you are looking for.

Hodgenville is more central and not really near Benton, but certainly worth seeing. The land between the lakes in western Kentucky is quite impressive.

I’m waiting for sam Gordon to give some info on the place you are looking for.
I mapped Hodgenville from Benton. It was about 2 1/2 hrs., so not too bad. It definitely appears to be worth going out of our way for. We both enjoy touring historical sites.

I mapped Hodgenville from Benton. It was about 2 1/2 hrs., so not too bad. It definitely appears to be worth going out of our way for. We both enjoy touring historical sites.
It sure is. Kentucky is so full of history. We are really far from western Kentucky, i.e. the Paducah area. I’ve only been there one time to Kentucky dam village. But the area around bowling green has a lot to see. Mammoth cave, the corvette museum, numerous state parks.

Bardstown is a really neat town outside of Lexington. And of course there’s the bourbon trail. Have fun visiting!

Was it by chance Grand Rivers?

I used to live in southern IN and people from the area would go down there quite a bit to something called Patti's 1880's Settlement. I just remembered something called Patti's and was able to find the name of the town using Google. I have been before, but it has been quite a while. As far as I know it is still up and running.

https://www.pattis1880s.com/

It sure is. Kentucky is so full of history. We are really far from western Kentucky, i.e. the Paducah area. I’ve only been there one time to Kentucky dam village. But the area around bowling green has a lot to see. Mammoth cave, the corvette museum, numerous state parks.

Bardstown is a really neat town outside of Lexington. And of course there’s the bourbon trail. Have fun visiting!
We're considering staying in Paducah this time, if it doesn't appear that the drive will be too bad. I'll need to do more research to see, if that's feasible.

We went by Kentucky Dam Village last time. We were there in the winter, but it appeared to be a fun, relaxing summer destination. Lexington was one of our stops on a trip up there last year, but Bardstown doesn't ring a bell. I'll have to keep that in mind for future trips.

Bardstown is about an hour from Lexington on Bluegrass Parkway. VERY easy drive. Bardstown has My Old KY Home State park and has tours of Stephen Foster's summer(?) Home.

I used to live in southern IN and people from the area would go down there quite a bit to something called Patti's 1880's Settlement. I just remembered something called Patti's and was able to find the name of the town using Google. I have been before, but it has been quite a while. As far as I know it is still up and running.

It looks like there's more there than the place we saw, but I'm really not sure. Regardless, it looks like a fun place to visit. I've added it to our list for this trip. Thanks for pointing it out.
Sorry, haven't gone west too much. Google just brings up log cabin rentals.
Thanks for trying to find it.

I definitely recommend having a meal at Patti's! Delicious food! Reservations are strongly recommended! I'm not sure if they take walk ins all the time or not.

The menu for Patti's 1880 looks really good. I think I gained a few pounds just reading the menu! It would be very hard to decide what to eat! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter