• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Historical DCL Canadian Residents discount

Tama-chan

Earning My Ears
We are celebrating 10yr wedding anniversary next year and I really want to do DCL again! (Our honeymoon was DCL)
I see a Canadian Resident Discount on some selected cruises until December 2022. My question is…do they offer Canadian resident discount every year? Or this is something they are offering to promote Canadian travellers because of pandemic?
The discount is amazing, so if they don’t offer this kind of discount often, I might convince my hubby to go this year!

Thank you :)

They used to offer a Canadian Resident discount on park tickets before covid. If memory serves, it was around Jan - Feb, we used the discount a couple of times. However, I haven't seen this offered in the last 2-3 years.

For the discount on cruises there really is no rhyme or reason. There is not set time they offer it. Sometimes there are ZERO CDN residents discounts on any cruises. It's usually offered on a route/itinerary they are having trouble selling. So if you are looking at a super popular one then chances are there will be no discount. We have one booked for the end of December this year and it actually went on a CDN residents discount and I was shocked as it sails over NYE. I was able to call and they adjusted the price for us.

They used to offer a Canadian Resident discount on park tickets before covid. If memory serves, it was around Jan - Feb, we used the discount a couple of times. However, I haven't seen this offered in the last 2-3 years.
Thank you so much for the info! I guess they haven’t offered discounted tickets due to Covid. Hope it comes back next year!

For the discount on cruises there really is no rhyme or reason. There is not set time they offer it. Sometimes there are ZERO CDN residents discounts on any cruises. It's usually offered on a route/itinerary they are having trouble selling. So if you are looking at a super popular one then chances are there will be no discount. We have one booked for the end of December this year and it actually went on a CDN residents discount and I was shocked as it sails over NYE. I was able to call and they adjusted the price for us.
Thank you so much for the info! I didn’t know they can adjust the price after booking, that’s amazing.
I spoke with my hubby and he also agreed that these discounts might not be available next year….so…we booked 5 nights Disney Dream departing on the 5th of December :) I can’t wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter