HM Hotel Help

Crissy7682

Earning My Ears
Okay, we were going to stay at Royal Pacific for 4 nights and a cheaper hotel the remaining nights but we really can't afford it :(

Anyway I did some calling around, anyone know anything about any of these hotels? Any of recommendations for any in these price range?

Radisson Universal-at Universals entrance is either $129/nt or total of $846 for 6 nights for the 3 day Universal escape package

Radisson on International Drive-Tower Room with breakfast for $115 the first 2 nights and $99 other nights or Non tower without breakfast for $95/$79

Country Inn and Suites on Universal Blvd. (I have seen this hotel many times since the past 2 times we have gone we stay right by it)-$84/night

All of the following is for a king bed/standard room.

While we are there we definitly want to spend two days at Universal/Islands of Adventure but also going to Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens in Tampa, and MAYBE a disney park.

This is arriving June 6 for 6 nights

If you are on a tight budget go for a cheaper hotel and the money you save use for nice meals etc you will find a few hotels on I-Drive which do free breakfast and complimentary travel to parks:jester:

Have you considered Priceline? We've gotten the 2.5* Amerisuites (just behind the Radisson) for $28/nt. There are no guarantees that you'll get a specific hotel but I think it is the way to go. If you're interested read the FAQs and other useful information on www.biddingfortravel.com and give it a try. We've also gotten the 3* Wyndham on I-Drive for $33/nt., the 2.5* Wellesley Inn and Suites Southpark for $23/nt. and the 3* Shertaon Safari (closer to WDW than US/IOA) for $34/nt. I'd save the $$$ on a room to spend on other things.

I thought about priceline but since its our HM I really don't want to use it.

Anyone know about the Sheraton World Resort by Seaworld. It looks very nice and hotelkingdom.com has it for 106.88 per night in the tower or 67.50 per night in the standard room.

Also, what about the Renaissance World Gate Hotel, it is 49.50 a night. Sounds a little too cheap but the pics. looked nice.

Crowne Plaza
Universal-77.63 a night
2 miles from seaworld-66.38 a night

Hello.....I seem to remember your previous post - are you the couple getting married? We have stayed at the Embassy Suites - the pink one!! - there are 2 (the other is nearer to the Pointe) - it was very nice and had a nice restaurant, quiet. It's on International Drive a short walk from the Mercado and Pointe Orlando. Close by was a really nice Japanese Restaurant, Steak house and of course the Mercado across the road. There's also a rather good Pirates Crazy Golf if you like that sort of thing and in a good location for all the parks. I'm considering the Radisson as it's so close to Universal and I have heard the Wyndham Resort on International Drive is a "Wedding Hotel" - it is more secluded with lush tropical gardens than some of the others on I Drive. But really I want to stay at the HRH again - the fOTL, and just being on-site to everything is a dream!! But I know what you mean about the cost!!!

I'm moving this to the hotel board so you can get more responses.

Also, try www.hotelkingdom.com. I've used them plenty times and they're awesome. Great rates, the best outside of Hotwire and Priceline and you get to pick the hotel yourself!

Do NOT stay at the Sheraton World Resort no matter what the cost!! I've been reading some pretty nasty/disgusting things about this hotel. On the other hand, the Radisson and the Sheraton Studio City have both received very good reviews. I think you can get the Radisson for cheaper than $129 - have you checked around on at price?

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Universal and had a good experience. It is directly across the street from Universal and boasts the world's largest TGI Fridays.

Thanks so much!! That will save us alot of money! I wonder if we can get a king bed room for that price.

Last list of hotels, I promise :)
(I do still have Radisson Universal (69/night) and Radisson Barcelo (90/nt first 2 nights, 82 night the rest) on my list)

Crowne Plaza on I-Drive by Seaworld-109.99/nt

Hampton Inn Universal-66.38/ht

Polynesian Isles Resort Kissimmee (we will have a car, we are driving to Orlando)-one bdrm suite-98.44 nt

Universal Palms (I stayed here when it was a Hampton Inn and it was nice then)-48.99/nt

Wingate Inn Universal (FI parents believed they have stayed there and really like it)-47.25/nt

I have tried several hotels in the universal and international blvd.

If you want the comforts of home pick the embassey suites on jamacian ct. It runs about 130 a night. You get a seperate bathroom and bedroom as well as a living room with kitchenette. You also get free breakfast every morning and free cocktails between 5-7pm. As well as an indoor/outdoor pool with jacuzzi and workout room. It is a great hotel if you pick this one you won't be sorry. If you call universal they often have special packages for this hotel.

If you are more budget minded I would suggest a holiday inn off of universal blvd. 8214 Universal blvd. If you go to www.priorityclub.com They offer entertainment rates directly from there website. An average stay per night runs 59.95 per night plus tax. It is a very nice hotel but small pool. They do have a breakfast buffet for a fee which children eat free. PS they have great staff.

If you are looking for a good deal go to www. hotelmartusa.com
YOu usaually have to pre pay for the rooms but the savings is well worth it. I have used them 3 times without any problems.

Really Crissy,
Your best bet is Priceline. Just only bid Resort level, no other star levels, and you will end up with a much nicer hotel than you would, by paying conventionally. I know you are worried about Priceline, because you don't know which hotel you'll get. But all the Resort Level hotels are really nice, and you'll get them so cheap! Some people are getting the Dolphin for $70 around your dates. All the Resort level Priceline hotels are coming in anywhere from $49 to $85. Especially if it's just for 2 people, you really can't go wrong. Be careful to only bid for the Walt Disney World Vicinity "Resort", or the Universal area "Resort" level only. You will be thrilled with the hotel you get and the cost! Go to:
www.biddingfortravel.com and you won't be sorry. It will open up a whole new way of travel to you!
Pomcoach:Pinkbounc

We stayed at Sleep Inn across from Universal on 12/20 and paid $38 plus tax (booked through Hotelkingdom). We were satisfied with the place. They offered a decent continental breakfast including cook your own waffles. I would recommend the place. We had a standard room with two queens.

PS My hat is off to you for sticking to a budget for your HM rather than start off your marriage with a bunch of plastic that tends to stick to you for a long time. Not many people, young or old, have the sense to do that. Best wishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter