Hmm.. A girl just gave me her dress for free.

She came to my room, then said that she wanted to give me her dress if I would give her dress to her other account. I said yes, because I don't lie. Then she gives me her dress and says "I don't know you." She clicks accept without me putting anything up. I click accept too. I said she should meet me in my room.
So her character comes and asks for the dress. I give it back to her. She says "Thank you so much!"

Isn't that being a little too trusting? Maybe that's how all these people are being scammed.

Wow... That was not a smart thing to do. :sad2: Especially after admitting that she didn't know you.

First of all, what an incredibly unwise thing to do.

Second, she is just REALLY lucky that you are trustworthy.

I foresee her losing some items.

She's probably fairly new and young. I'm hoping you told her not to do that again... :)

groovyguestgirl said:
She came to my room, then said that she wanted to give me her dress if I would give her dress to her other account. I said yes, because I don't lie. Then she gives me her dress and says "I don't know you." She clicks accept without me putting anything up. I click accept too. I said she should meet me in my room.
So her character comes and asks for the dress. I give it back to her. She says "Thank you so much!"

Isn't that being a little too trusting? Maybe that's how all these people are being scammed.

I had a similar situation happen once. A girl saw my VIP button and said she needed VIP type help. It turned out to be a trade between her accounts. I did do the trade for her, carefully writing down each item she gave me. She gave me a code phrase that her other character would be using.

Thankfully for her, I am 100% trustworthy. Clearly she didn't understand the VIP button's meaning. I never notified staff about the confusion but I've always thought there should be a way to have staff facilitate the trade.

Would I do this sort of trade again? No. Not with the way people have been falsely reporting scammers and such. Now this type of trade becomes a risk to me.

qruthie (the 'q' is silent but perhaps it stands for quest?)

A lot of the little girls do me that way.:) I don't know how many times I've had to 'hold' something until their mule came back on.;)
You reckon I look trustworthy? :lmao:
Kim

qruthie said:
I had a similar situation happen once. A girl saw my VIP button and said she needed VIP type help.

Well at least this person trusted you because of your badge.

I had no idea with all the scamming going on that people were asking people to hold their items while they switch accounts! Another reason for staff to hate mules! :badpc:

qruthie said:
Thankfully for her, I am 100% trustworthy. Clearly she didn't understand the VIP button's meaning. I never notified staff about the confusion but I've always thought there should be a way to have staff facilitate the trade.

Maybe she thought it was a CL sort of thing. If your young, and you're new, then it would be really easy to think, "Oh, they have a nifty badge, they must be cool and ok to trust."

I have people ask me to do this kind of thing pretty often too. People I don't even know in game at all. I assumed it was because I am CL I never thought they would be asking just anyone. I also try to tell them that even with a CL they have to be very careful about doing this. I've also become more leary of doing it because I'm afraid someone will try to set me up and say i scammed them to see if they can get me banned. Sounds paranoid I know, but I can believe some young player might do it just for kicks. My advice to anyone who needs to do this is to make sure you know that person very well or better yet, learn how to log on two at a time and trade with only yourself.

A few questions: (excuse my ignorance)

What exactly is a CL?

and...what exactly is a VIP?

And one comment: Anyone who is savvy enough to be making a second character must be somewhat savvy. I don't even know how to make a second character. When I tried, it told me my e-mail address was already in use (for my daughter's character).

and another question:

How do I find you nice people in VMK? I don't think there is a way to simply search for a person, is there?

Thanks!!

--RG

Ragtime Gal said:
A few questions: (excuse my ignorance)

What exactly is a CL?

A CL is a Community Leader. You can identify them in VMK because they have CL_ in front of their name. There is an application process for becoming a Community Leader and VMK staff of some sort determines who is and isn't accepted. I believe things like amount of time they have played VMK and knowledge of VMK are considered.

Commumity Leaders don't receive special privileges from VMK or anything, they are volunteers who are supposed to help other VMK players in the game.

Ragtime Gal said:
and...what exactly is a VIP?

A VIP is nothing special in terms of the game. It's supposed to show you completed the in park quests at Walt Disney World or Disneyland and qualified for the official tour. You would receive a tour card with a code for the VIP button on it after turning in your park quest results.

So, having a VIP button in you signature ultimately means you acquired a code for it at some time.

Ragtime Gal said:
And one comment: Anyone who is savvy enough to be making a second character must be somewhat savvy. I don't even know how to make a second character. When I tried, it told me my e-mail address was already in use (for my daughter's character).

There are many ways to create a second character. I create lots of characters under age 13 and use one of my email addresses as their parent contact. I believe some people just enter an invalid email address. I think there may be a valid way to make your Disney account into a family account which should allow you to have multiple characters too.

Ragtime Gal said:
and another question:

How do I find you nice people in VMK? I don't think there is a way to simply search for a person, is there?

Thanks!!

--RG

You can't search for a specific person unless they are already on your friends list. But you should be able to find some of the DIS people by opening the Popular Guest Rooms pop up then putting their VMK name in the search field then clicking the search button. Their room will be the search result if someone is in it. Some DIS people put Dis in their room titles and descriptions. That's another thing to search for. Once you have a search result you may choose to enter that room if it isn't restricted to friends only.

I have problems using search because it doesn't seem to allow you to do sequential searches. Usually I do one search then click on the Friend's Rooms tab then click on the Guest Rooms tab to start a new search.

Dis people seem to hang around in groups, often on Main Street or one of the Haunted Mansion lobbies.

The bad news is, many Dis people's friends lists are full so it may be hard to find someone who is able to add you to their friends list.

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

I have heard of people who purposly get themselves scammed just to be able to report someone. Maybe the person hoped you would keep it so they could get you banned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter