Hmmm? should we, or shouldn't we?

mmagique

Earning My Ears
I received a call today from a man @ west gate resorts (see westgateresorts.com) offering us a hotel stay @ the Royal for three nights for $179. in exchange for sitting through their timeshare presentation. He said this hotel is located between the Swan and the Dolphin. I know the presentations can be brutal, but I have two small children who can drive even the most dedicated of salesmen to desist! Is this a nice hotel? Is this a good deal? Or should I just do what I usually do when I go to Orlando and call a ticket broker? The last time I went I got a suite at a very nice hotel (wish I could remember the name) for under $30. pr night.
This might be a good deal if he were to offer tickets to something besides water mania which we won't go to anyway. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help!

:eek: :bounce: :eek:

I would be very suspicious of this because there is no hotel between the Swan and Dolphin. I would need a lot more info and clarification before I forked over any money to this guy. Depending on your dates you may be able to get a very good deal at a Disney resort with one of the codes at www.mousesavers.com or at an off site hotel with the Orlando Magicard. Good luck with whatever you decide!:D

There is a lagoon between the Swan and the Dolphin. It sounds like they are trying to sell you some Florida swampland! :)

The Royal??? The Royal what? LOL!

...and the games begin... Westgate is well-known as having among the worst salespeople in the region. Don't bother!

If you are interested in a sales pitch with a promo discount price on lodging, try a promo stay at a Marriott. There are plenty of promo listings for Orlando at Timeshare Users Group: http://www.tug2.net/ads/mpromo.shtml

Only accept a promo if you are permitted to stay AT THE RESORT THEY ARE SELLING. Those will generally offer much, much nicer accommodations than any hotel room and ask for a FULL kitchen, not a partial or mini-kit. That way, you'll usually get the larger portion of a lock-off unit. Other companies can be high pressure, but no one compares to Westgate - avoid them! Hope that helps. :D

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your help. I love having this board to turn to. I bet it has saved a lot of people a lot of trouble!!

:cool:

CFI owns the Hotal Royal Plaza...which is in Downtown Disney not in the Epcot Resorts!

CFI also owns the various Westgate Resorts.

AMEN to the comments about timeshare presentations....search Westgate at this site and you will read some tough stories.....good luck....Ted

I am scheduled to stay at Westgate Villas later this month..When are you going?? I have some additional info if you haven't left yet..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter