Hmmmmm...this board needs some action.....

grover

DIS Veteran
Just popped in to check posts..and realized that we have a WHOLE lot of people reading but barely anyone posting!! Anyhooooo I think we should shake things up a bit!! Sooo here is my contribution for the day...a get to know you type of thing...give us the when/where/details of your wedding! I am sure everyone would love to hear what is being planned! Okay so me first!! I am planning on a Oct 11, 2004 wedding! My FH and I love disney so it was a natural choice for us! We have a 10 yr old son who also loves disney so it will also be a what I like to call our "familymoon"!! I am planning to use www.justmarry.com and have my wedding at the Swan-Cresent Terrace..I find them much more affordable than FTW for what we need! It will be a small wedding-probably less than 15 people including the 3 of us. We plan to have our wedding dinner at Palio and then perhaps a illuminations cruise afterwards or Pleasure Island. I also want to host a mini-golf evening at Fantasia gardens and perhaps a casual pizza/beer by the pool as well-just hang out sort of thing! We are planning our wedding/vacation on a budget-paying for it ourselves (we have already been a couple for 12 years...so we're "kinda" grown up!). We will most likely spend two weeks at wdw. I want a Mickey/Minnie theme, thinking of finding some yummy chocolate treats for favors/keepsakes. Not sure yet on flowers but I love the oriental lily..I think it may be called stargazer as well. I don't have a MOH yet...having major problems asking just one person!! Well that is all I have time to type for now....catch you all later...hope there is something else here for me to read!! I love to hear wedding ideas!
Grover in Winnipeg
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hi grover, you already know me from disneymooners, I'm Noelle637 over there, Noelle in real life. Anyway, we are planning a Dec. vr through FTW, hosting it at Wilderness Lodge, having our wedding dinner at Citricos afterwards. I haven't thought about any other parties, but since we are such a small group, we will probably play it by ear. Though Ido want to do a pontoon boat as well, to watch the MK fireworks.

I have been very indecisive when it came down to where to have the wedding...but when it came right down to it, I really wanted the wedding at the WL. I thought about the Swan, Celebration Hotel, and the Wyndham Palace, but FTW is the way for me.

When I sat down to look at the numbers, FTW was actually cheaper than the Swan for us! Go figure!

Happy planning. Talk to you later!

Hi! I'm getting married July 19- less than 2 months away! As much as I would have loved a Disney wedding, it just wasn't possible. I have a big family, so to get everyone there wouldn't have worked! So, we're getting married in NJ and honeymooning in Disney. We're staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for 9 nights. I'm actually more excited about the honeymoon than the wedding right now- I think it's because the wedding is causing too much stress right now!! We have the bride and groom ears and are planning on wearing them to the parks. We're going on the gold plan, so we have lots of nice dinners planned- we decided to spoil ourselves! Our wedding will have a little Disney touch, though. I got the Mickey and Minnie cake topper and instead of having table numbers, I think each table will be a Disney character. Have fun planning everyone!

Hi everybody, I'm also a Disneymooner (same userid there). I'm a MOB and my DD will be getting married in WDW on 12/9/04. So far we have planned for the ceremony at the WP and the reception at Italy Isola. DD will be arriving to the ceremony in Cindy's carriage (YIKES $$$).

We're planning on about 65-75 guests and I'm hoping to do a Welcome/Rehearsal party at the Wilderness Lodge pool area. I'm hoping that we can do a buffet version of the "All you can eat" skillet that they serve in the WCC. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that I can talk the WL into opening the pool bar for the party and just have the guests purchase their own beverages their. Since we're paying for an open bar at the receoption, I really can't afford to have two open bars.

DD and her FH will be spending a couple of days in WDW after the wedding, then head off for a Disney cruise.

Linda
MOB-Andrea & Jacob
12/9/04-WP/II

I'm not planning a Disney wedding (or any wedding, for that matter) yet, but we've definitely talked about getting married in the next couple of years, once I finish school. And.....

I found this ring while I was putting away some of my boyfriend's laundry yesterday!!!!!!!

ring.jpg

I don't know that it's for me, or that it's necessarily the kind of ring I'm hoping it is, but I can hope, right? It is the ring I couldn't take my eyes off of when we were at the jewelry store the other day getting his watch fixed..

Uh, SoonerKate, I know you probably don't want to get your hopes up, but the ONLY kind of ring that can be is an engagment ring.

If he's not also dating someone else, I think it's safe to assume its for you. But I'm sure he's just waiting for the right moment to give it to you!

It's beautiful, btw.

Hi my FH and I are getting married at the polynesian resort January 12, 2004. We are planning on 6 days at disney and doing a 8 day cruise afterwards. It's only an intimate wedding so we are only having about 8 guests if even that. We are trying to pick a place for the wedding dinner, any suggestions? Not to expensive but nice. Our wedding coordinator is Lynn Mck??? She hasn't called us, but I was told around the 8 month mark our wedding coordinator should be giving us a call. So any day now. I'm sure I will be asking many more questions when the time comes closer.

We are getting married November 8 on the Disney Magic Western Cruise with two days added on in the end at Disney. The wedding is at Castaway Cay the last night of the cruise (14th) cannot wait less than six months to go!!!

mmschwaba--There are so many resturants to choose from--almost makes it difficult!! Have you checked out the menus on www.wdwig.com ? I found them to be very helpful, also lists prices!! I was pretty much thinking Palio and if not then Citrico's..they both sound great and have gotten wonderful reviews!
nghtangl01--I haven't heard from anyone yet who is doing a disney cruise wedding!! That sounds very exciting! Will you have guests along or will it be an intimate wedding?
Soonerkate---I have to agree, that ring most definately must be for you!! It is gorgeous by the way!
KJo719--We stayed at the AKL last Nov,,we absolutely loved it!! Here is a website with some pics http://www.***********.com/id233.htm
I would love to stay there again, and there is actually alot to do at the resort--we found we just wanted to spend time there and weren't quite as anxious to rush off to the parks! Enjoy your honeymoon!
Linda--Ohhhh- I'm jealous...cinderella's carriage!!! That will be so awesome! Your dd is lucky to have a Mom who "understands" the magic of disney!! My mom hasn't been there so while she is excited for us she won't fully understand why we want disney until she sees it for herself!
Noelle--how many guests will you be having?? Will they let you have a set menu at Citrico's or will you be ordering off the regular menu?

Thanks to everyone for sharing there plans!!
Anyone else???

Grover in Winnipeg
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Stinkerbelle and I are getting married 9/19/03 in Mass http://www.thelogcabin.com. Flying to Orlando 9/20. We'll do the first night off site since we get in late at night. Then we're off to 4 nights in a Honeymoon Room at WL, then 7 nights at AKL concierge as of right now booked with the AKL portion with the FT package. We plan on doing 2-3 days at Universal/IOA and a day or so at Seaworld.
We're not planning too much ahead of time, just will kinda let the honeymoon flow. She's done most of the planning for the wedding, I just gotta show up she says. ;)
We just picked out our wedding rings, should be ready at the end of June, next up is invitations and such. :rolleyes:

Its a small world after all.
CKJ, I've been to The Log Cabin a number of times, both for meetings at work, and stuff in college. If you've never been there at sunset, make sure you get pictures by the large hill in the back.
As far as when we're getting married, it'll be sometime in probably 2005 or 2006. It'll depend on when Sunset Point is free on when we'll get hitched.

~Chris

Vanessa, I have not gotten that far into the planning, but I believe any Disney restaurant will let you customize the menu. I mean, do thing like take the really expensive stuff off. You just need to talk to the manager. I have hear of many brides doing this.

I was originally thinking Artist Point, California Grill, or Narcoosee's, but now I think I've settled on Citricos and the private room there. We will also have at most eight guests.

I really enjoy hearing about everyone's plans it is such a fun and stressful time. I am getting marred Aug 2nd in New Jersey and having a Beauty and the Beast themed wedding. We are then going to WDW for 8 days. I am a a Disney Store Cast Member so it is better for me not to get a package deal. I am really excited about the B and the B theme. So far i have mini snowglobes incorporated into the centerpieces, characters for the wedding cake, naming each table after characters, litographs laminated for the kids' placemats. Some plush for the flowergirls and ring bearer, and then our first dance will be the Celine Dion version of "Beauty and the Beast", we enter to "Be Our Guest" and the cake cutting to "Something There." If you have any other suggestions, I am open to them.

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I are getting married Septembet 4, 2004 in New Hampshire. I had wanted to get married at WDW, but realized it would be way too difficult, plus my family would be heart broken if they couldn't attend our wedding. So instead we are getting married at a beautiful Bed and Breakfast . But, we are taking our honeymoon there, three night at AKL and eight nights at BWV . I'm so excited, but it seems so far away.

We are renewing our vows after 20 years of marriage at Leu Gardens which is right outside of Disney World. We are staying at the Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge, will be picked up by limo for the drive to Leu Gardens for the vow renewal at the Gazebo in the Woods, then have a reception breakfast at Ohana's.

The concierge has been wonderful about helping me set all this up. The package we got for Leu Gardens was set up by Rev Tim Herring who will be officiating our ceremony. We met him on one of our trips to WDW and he is just wonderful. He does a lot of the Disney Weddings.

My ILs are taking our kids so we will have the day and the night to ourselves. The only thing we have planned after the reception breakfast is the Luau that night. We were going to have a couples massage but dh feels funny about it and I just didnt want to spend that kind of money for him not to feel good about it. We may just have a wonderful romantic lunch in the room from room service.

Since I have been married for almost a year now I just wanted to share a short version of our wedding.

My DH and I were married on 06-26-2002 at the Polynesian Sunset Pointe at 3pm. We only had the 2 of us, my DH best friend (best man) and my best friend (matron of honor). Rev Jack Day performed the ceremony. Kirstine Wallace was our WC. She was AWESOME. We had Disney photographers do the pictures.
We had our reception dinner at the California Grille @ Contemp Resort.
We wanted to keep it simple and didnt want to have a big production at home. Athough some of family were upset with what we did they did seem to sort of understand.

To everyone that is getting married I just wanted to say Congrats......
Make sure you wear your ears while you are in Disney... You'll be surprised to see what happens.
:Pinkbounc

Hi all.

Getting married in an outdoor ceromony this SATURDAY.
Then off to the world for five nights starting June 8-13
at Coronaodo Springs.
Its her first time to the world so I get to play tour guide.
We can't wait
Congrats to everyone........

Shawn :jester:

DH and i have been married now almost a year!! we were married in orlando sept 10, 2002...

it was just the two of us and we weren't able to afford a FTW at the time, so we found a nice little wedding chapel just a few miles from WDW. we had a nice ceremony and spent maybe $500. it was nowhere near the caliber of a FTW, but it did what we needed it to do!! by the end of it, we were mr and mrs...

we spent a total of 6 nts at the ASMu (i told you...budget!!)...we had a wonderful time even there...since it was just the 2 of us, we could do anything we wanted on our wedding day and no one else to answer to. we got up early that morning and i made him get ready and leave the room so i could get ready without him there...i had disney cosmetology do my hair for me in my room...after i was dressed and ready to go, we drove to the chapel, said our i do's and went back to the resort...we then went over to the GF to buy my DH the groom ears to match the bride headband he had made for me...then we played at epcot for a bit, went back to our room and dressed up for dinner. we then had dinner at alfredo's and followed it up with an illuminations cruise with some fellow DISers! after the cruise, we were exhausted so we went back to our room, hit the pool for a few minutes and then went to bed!

my DH had made us matching t-shirts to wear each day and he had made us our bride and groom ears to wear. they were really cute!

we're planning another trip next year...closer to christmas time and we'll be staying at the Dolphin this time...a definite upgrade from the ASMu!

CKJ's stinkerbelle checking in...

First off - mulgar - congrats! Hope everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow!

After all this planning nonesense for the wedding (sorry ckj - you have to help with some of this!) I am totally looking forward to a relaxing stay in the world. (And kicking ckj's butt on Buzz lightyear...he always seems to beat me!)

Let me start by saying hello and congratulations to everyone, I'm assuming if you're in this forum you're a future or recent bride. My FH and I have been engaged for 3 years, and this October 25th, we're FINALLY getting married, after what seems like an eternity of waiting and planning. We're having a cinderella theme, not too much but just enough to let everyone know I'm a disney nut. Of course the cake topper is cinderella and the prince, and my dad and I will be dancing to Billy Joel's version of "when you wish upon a star". My nephew (the ringbearer) will be carrying a velvet pillow w/ a glass slipper (with our names etched on the side- My mom brought it home for me from Arribas Bros at the MK for a b-day gift) and no, in case you're wondering, we're not dressing up like cinderella/prince charming. I couldn't talk him into it. We had originally intended on getting married at WDW, but our families are just way too big, and trying to invite even just a few of them would still cost us well over our budget. Anyway, we decided to have our honeymoon at Disney and enjoy it that way. My FH has never been there, so it should make for a very fun trip. We were debating for a very long time on whether or not to take the Disney cruise, or Disney, or both, and had finally decided on the disney cruise when a bomb was dropped and WDW announced the FairyTale package, a deal that was just way too good to be passed up, especially for me. So we booked that and we're staying at the Polynesian for a week. I also got tickets for Mickey's not so scary halloween party on October 31st, that's my FH's birthday, go figure. I got the tickets in the mail last week, and it's driving me nuts not telling him about them, I hope I can last that long!! Well, that's my story, once again good luck and congratulations to everyone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter