HO-HO-HO..We`ll put the RUM in Pa-Rum-Pum-Pum-Pum! 16 holiday nights at SF & RPR. A Nov/Dec 2023 Trip Report

I`m so glad you got one, and really hope you enjoyed it!! Did you get food too or just drinks??

I will say I had more than one or two on our trip, but it`s so good!!

We got food too but honestly we must have just made poor choices but we found it very disappointing. Perhaps we’re a bit spoiled by the wonderful tapas restaurants we’ve had back home but the flavors weren’t right, the pork was very fatty, etc. The only thing that was good was the garlic shrimp. The drink was fantastic though! If it hadn’t been so late and if I didn’t have to get my kids to bed I would have had more than one.

We quite enjoyed the new Minions game, but we synced it to the app so that we had specific missions each time. I thought the theming in the queue right before boarding was hilarious, but I do go to conferences quite a bit for work so it was right up my alley. We also tried the Minions cafe and I was surprised at how good the food was, better than every table service meal we had except Mythos and Orchids of course.

I didn’t see those cute HP trays and I’m quite glad as I would have had to get another suitcase, we came with an empty one and I barely fit in everything between merch we picked up and gifts my mom got the kids. I do think they do such a good job with the merch at UO, the HP areas especially.

Merry Christmas!

No, the front row has always been stationary, the rest of the rows all move as they did before. The screen has changed from 3D to 2D which isn`t as good as far as we`re concerned, but it`s still a good ride. But, if we didn`t have EP we wouldn`t wait any length of time for it.

lol....he does look severe!!

You did a lot on your trip and I`m sure you`ll do it again next year and have as much fun as before.
I imagine you are on your trip to Scotland now. Have a safe trip and a wonderful Christmas with family and friends:)

Happy Christmas 🎄
Your pictures in the last post are amazing 😻 really captured Diagon Alley!
Thanks for getting a picture of Earl the Squirrel 🐿️ such a cute and funny Universal legend!
I hope you had a wonderful time in Scotland Our weather has been crazy first brown Christmas in many years! I didn’t mind at all.

We got food too but honestly we must have just made poor choices but we found it very disappointing. Perhaps we’re a bit spoiled by the wonderful tapas restaurants we’ve had back home but the flavors weren’t right, the pork was very fatty, etc. The only thing that was good was the garlic shrimp. The drink was fantastic though! If it hadn’t been so late and if I didn’t have to get my kids to bed I would have had more than one.

We quite enjoyed the new Minions game, but we synced it to the app so that we had specific missions each time. I thought the theming in the queue right before boarding was hilarious, but I do go to conferences quite a bit for work so it was right up my alley. We also tried the Minions cafe and I was surprised at how good the food was, better than every table service meal we had except Mythos and Orchids of course.

I didn’t see those cute HP trays and I’m quite glad as I would have had to get another suitcase, we came with an empty one and I barely fit in everything between merch we picked up and gifts my mom got the kids. I do think they do such a good job with the merch at UO, the HP areas especially.

Merry Christmas!

Oh that`s a shame you didn`t have the best experience with the food. The garlic shrimp is so good though, but I`m glad you enjoyed the drink!!

And glad you liked the Minion thingy, I think we are definitely in the minority as it seems to be popular enough, but those things aren`t for me at all regardless of theme.

There are some lovely items to purchase for sure!! I will admit.....we bought too much and our cases were groaning by the last day!! But, ceramic or not, I had to buy them all!!!

Hope you and yours had a lovely Christmas too :santa:

This made me laugh so hard! 😂 ITA! The new Minion attraction isn't anything we will be rushing to do again.

Hope you and Tom had a wonderful Christmas!

lol......yes, it`s not for me at all, Tom does like things MiB, but this one just didn`t work for him at all either. They bore me silly at the best of times!!

We did thank you, hope you had a wonderful Christmas too...... :santa:

Happy Christmas 🎄
Your pictures in the last post are amazing 😻 really captured Diagon Alley!
Thanks for getting a picture of Earl the Squirrel 🐿️ such a cute and funny Universal legend!
I hope you had a wonderful time in Scotland Our weather has been crazy first brown Christmas in many years! I didn’t mind at all.

Thank you Caroline.......I`m always impressed with Tom`s picture taking and yes, we had to find the squirrel......lol......it is a cute little story!!

We had an amazing trip thank you, we even had a little snow, but not much at all, no I`ll bet you didn`t miss your usual type of weather.....brown is better than the white stuff anyday!!!

Hope your Christmas was wonderful too :santa:

cv81-S.jpg

cv96-M.jpg

Well, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, can`t quite believe it`s almost over once again, just Hogmany and New Year`s Day and we`re back to normal.....and I`m sure diets will be at the forefront for some of us......or at least some healthy living after some lovely indulgences!

We had a lovely visit to Scotland, journey up was dreadful, high winds and sideways rain almost all the way with zero visibility for some of it, especially through the open high terrain, so took us a bit longer than usual, but we made it and the hotel was lovely as always.

Christmas itself was fabulous, seeing my mum and all the family was lovely and we all had a wonderful time.

Kyle did a 5K run in a town near the hotel we stayed in on Christmas Day itself and came first!!!! He was over the moon with that result and it was nice as we had a few things to celebrate this Christmas.

Seeing family and friends is always the best part and we even saw a little snow, mostly on the journey home but some of the Islands were showing a little white on top of them.

It was cold!!!!

cv89-X2.jpg

cv87-X2.jpg

cv88-X2.jpg

cv92-X2.jpg

So, back home yesterday and caught up with laundry and going through all the presents we all brought home.

We aren`t the biggest New Year people, but seems we have some friends coming tomorrow evening for drinks and snacks, as we`ve been away most food will be store bought, so will head out and do that tomorrow.....shopping on New Years Eve is never fun, so we`ll be out early and get home as I do plan to make some things for nibbling on.

Lazy night tonight for us, Tom is having Tequila Sunrise`s and I`m making up Spicy Mango Margaritas with a movie still to be decided🍹

And then we`ll have the usual New Years Resolutions from some folks......does anyone still make them anymore?????

cv99-X2.jpg

Glad to be back home and again, hope you all had a lovely Christmas 🎄

Congratulations to Kyle! I know you are proud as can be ☺️

And it does sound like you had a wonderful trip, even if the drive was hinky.

Love the photo of you in what I call a “Russian” hat. I’m sure it has a proper name 🤣

So glad you were able to visit with family, and your NYE sounds very nice, too. It will just be us with some appetizers and a poor movie choice. We always try to pick something good and new to us but half the time it’s a fail 🤷🏽‍♀️

Looking forward to catching up! 🥰🥰

All caught up!

Belated Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year!! 🎄🎉🥳🍾

I actually enjoyed the Minions game, but probably because I was really good at it. 🤣
the last time we played my score was in the top 10 for the day. It isnt anything epic though, not a park changer. I will agree with you that I don’t understand why they cram people on every dot when it’s slow. My scores would have been better if I didn’t have to shoot around and over top of people. The ride was almost always a walk on when we went by so it definitely isn’t that popular.

I got Chantel to go on the Mummy for the first time and she loved it. She’s scared of certain types of coasters, but loved Mummy and Hagrids.

Congratulations to Kyle! I know you are proud as can be ☺️

And it does sound like you had a wonderful trip, even if the drive was hinky.

Love the photo of you in what I call a “Russian” hat. I’m sure it has a proper name 🤣

So glad you were able to visit with family, and your NYE sounds very nice, too. It will just be us with some appetizers and a poor movie choice. We always try to pick something good and new to us but half the time it’s a fail 🤷🏽‍♀️

Looking forward to catching up! 🥰🥰

Thanks Maria....he was so pleased to come first and yes, proud as punch!!! Hinky.....lol....not a word we hear very often here, I may borrow it....but not copy lol......

Tom calls it my Russian Front outfit. I previously had a long grey thick winter coat that went all the down almost to my ankle, miltary style collar hence the Russian Front outfit. This coat is also styled as "military" think they add a couple of buttons and voila.....Military style, but it`s so cosy and that is my third white hat, all identical, bought them all at the one time as I loved it. Very warm!!!

Everyone just left, it was lovely but now for a quiet time. We have all eaten far too much but it was so good!!! Several invites to go join some of the folks staying up, but to be honest, we`re tired and after hosting since around 3 this afternoon, time to snuggle up and chill out till midnight then straight to bed!!! I have to admit, your NYE sounds about perfect to me....

It seems I use the term snuggling up all too often :rolleyes1 but, we`re that type of couple....☺️....too schmalzy, yep probably!!

Yes, will catch up this week coming.....have a happy new year Maria......:wave2:

All caught up!

Belated Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year!! 🎄🎉🥳🍾

I actually enjoyed the Minions game, but probably because I was really good at it. 🤣
the last time we played my score was in the top 10 for the day. It isnt anything epic though, not a park changer. I will agree with you that I don’t understand why they cram people on every dot when it’s slow. My scores would have been better if I didn’t have to shoot around and over top of people. The ride was almost always a walk on when we went by so it definitely isn’t that popular.

I got Chantel to go on the Mummy for the first time and she loved it. She’s scared of certain types of coasters, but loved Mummy and Hagrids.

Belated Merry Christmas to both of you too, hope you had a lovely time.

I do hear several folks say they enjoyed it, and that is good to hear, but it could have been my favourite theme ever and I`d still have been bored. I thought it was easy enough to understand, just not for me, but so many folks were confused......and yes, everyone was crammed far too close together.

Oh I`m so glad Chantel loved The Mummy!!! It is an amazing coaster without being too over the top scary, that and Hagrids are both world class rides.

Have a happy new year to all of you :)

Happy New Year!🥳 Enjoyed your pictures from Scotland. Congratulations to Kyle for his first place run! 🏃 Woohoo……🥇
Brenda🎆

Thank you, yes, he was thrilled to win it!! Glad you liked the pictures too, that`s really home to us.

Happy new year to you and yours too Brenda...... ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter