HO-HO-HO..We`ll put the RUM in Pa-Rum-Pum-Pum-Pum! 16 holiday nights at SF & RPR. A Nov/Dec 2023 Trip Report

This is an amazing photo….. I hope you have this hanging up in your home. Even the guy in front is smiling at you 😂
Brenda🤗

Thank you Brenda, I was quite proud of it!!!

We don`t actually, maybe I should get it printed off. Yes, that guy in front has the biggest smile and does seem to be looking right at me!!!

We liked Hagrid's too, BUT it seems Robin was worried that I would faint or something, because she kept looking at me all the time. When the ride was done, she said, Yes, I was watching you to see if you were ok! That's so sweet but kind of irritating in a way (nice way) that she thinks I might pass out or something?
She knows that I am a big chicken on some rides, but really I'm not going to pass out, I think??? LOL!
I won't do Velocicoaster and just watching the people on the ride was enough for me. I happily wandered around the discovery center taking pictures and people watching. I am envious that you can ride this ride, even though you had some misgivings before hand,

Awwww, bless her for keeping an eye on you Ruth! I remember years and years ago someone on the ride before we got on passed out on The Hulk, and it was a man who looked like he should have been a WWF Wrestler!! So yes, it can happen to anyone.

I love the VC!!! I do get that good kind of nervous before hand though and always love it when I`m on it.

The Discovery Centre as well as watching the ride is always fun too.

Most are so loud, nearly screaming, drawing attention to themselves. Often you can’t remove yourself from the general area, nothing I want to experience as I find it stressful.

What really gets me is when they have kids in tow, standing there mutely while (usually mommie dearest) is trying to create enough attention to wear down the TM (or CM). Sometimes the kids look visibly distressed, other times seem to be enjoying it. Reminds me of the nature programs where the kids are being taught to hunt
:rolleyes1

I get it, emotions can flare out of control when people have spent so much $, they are hot, tired & things just aren’t going their way. However, I also think more guests should be trespassed for verbally abusing staff…at the very least, given a time out to cool down.

Yes, some people have no shame it seems when it comes to trying to blag freebies or special treatment, I think we could write a book with things we`ve seen and heard over the years.

The obvious one in the parks this year was the woman at ET, not quite sure what she was after, but claiming the kids were terrified on the ride as they played nicely with ET merch beside her!! I have to admire the TM there who gave her nowhere to go by being nothing but polite despite her ranting. I thought the kids didn`t even look the least bit perturbed almost as though they were used it, very sad to think about.

I would definitely throw some guests out of the park for their behaviour towards TM`s who never deserve being spoken to the way some guests do.

Others we know of seem to go into crying hysterically to get their own way.....quite pitiful really.

So, yes, I`d happily throw guests off property for being demanding, rude or abusive!!

Thank goodness these people are in the minority ::yes::

I love reading your report! I finally got caught up!
I can’t tell you how much Andi and I love Strong Waters it is a favorite now for us!!
We had the best meal and drinks there in early February!
We took the convention path that you talk about in your reports. I was telling Andi how you say it reminds you of the hotel in the Shining :rotfl:
We got a little turned around but soon we were in Sapphire!
How amazing to get a front of the line pass on Hagrid’s ride. I really enjoy this ride even for a ride chicken haha 😂
It is always sad on the last day and no matter how long you stay it comes before you know it!
I love all the pictures!

Glad you made it back over Caroline, always good to see you.

I`m so happy you love Strong Water!! For us it`s hard to pass by and go anywhere else, but maybe eating there every night might be bit dull after a while.....and yes it is easy to get lost if you haven`t been that route before. And yes, when you`re on your own late at night, my weird brain imagines me to be in The Overlook......lol.....

And I`m over the moon for you riding Hagrid`s, it is an incredible ride and you were really brave trying it, for folks who don`t usually ride coasters, it is a good one.

Last day`s are never fun, but we made the best of it.

Thank you, I`m glad you are enjoying it...almost done now!! :wave2:

I 💚💚💚 that you were whisked onto Hagrids!
Velocicoaster is beyond my coastering capabilities, but I do love seeing everyone having such a great time. ☺️

It is turning into a very special last day!! :lovestruc

It was fabulous Maria!!

I still think you need to try VC.....lol.....you might love it!!! And yes, it is fun watching riders reactions, we do stand for a time and just watch them occasionally, some reactions are hilarious!

It was a really nice last day, as far as last days go anyway ☺️

A TM caught our eye and I smiled and asked how his day was going and he looked a little surprised, but we chatted for a time hoping we weren`t keeping him but he said it was fine, he asked if if we had been on Hagrids and we said yes, but not often this trip we said we would be leaving soon and hadn`t managed to get on Hagrid`s today which we were sad about even though we had ridden it many times and would do again......he looked at us and said but you do have some time, we said well not really the line I think was about 100 minutes, he said come with me you`ll be riding it today!!
Things like this are what make visits so special! We never go expecting anything, but I can tell you I never forget when a TM goes out of their way to make my day amazing.

Thank you for sharing your amazing trip report! I have loved living vicariously through it and reminiscing about our trip since some of the dates overlapped.

When is your next trip? Not sure if you've shared and I have missed it. We won't be doing UO this year, but we have other plans - Disney next month, a summer camping/theme park trip - not in Florida 🤣, and a cruise all on the horizon.

Things like this are what make visits so special! We never go expecting anything, but I can tell you I never forget when a TM goes out of their way to make my day amazing.

Thank you for sharing your amazing trip report! I have loved living vicariously through it and reminiscing about our trip since some of the dates overlapped.

When is your next trip? Not sure if you've shared and I have missed it. We won't be doing UO this year, but we have other plans - Disney next month, a summer camping/theme park trip - not in Florida 🤣, and a cruise all on the horizon.

Yes, not expecting something and getting a treat is lovely and there are so many wonderful TM`s in both parks and hotels too, we can never praise them enough over our trips.

It is lovely looking back over many of the wonderful experiences and yes, I`m sorry we missed you there.

Next trip is still undecided at this minute, we have a lot going on this year, so it`s difficult to be precise right now, all good things though!!!

Your trips sound lovely, and a trip next month, lovely. I`m very curious as to where you`re going to be camping with a theme park? There are so many beautiful places in the USA to choose from, I`m always interested where folks go other than Florida!

I`m so glad you enjoyed this one though.....not long till it`s finished, I`m getting there......eventually, I think it`s taken too long already :wave2:

Your trips sound lovely, and a trip next month, lovely. I`m very curious as to where you`re going to be camping with a theme park? There are so many beautiful places in the USA to choose from, I`m always interested where folks go other than Florida!
We are going to Cedar Point in Ohio... It's part of Cedar Fair. They have several parks all over the country. I have been to others, but this will be my and my boys first time there. My husband hasn't been since he was a teenager. The campground is so close you can actually see the rollercoasters!

We are going to Cedar Point in Ohio... It's part of Cedar Fair. They have several parks all over the country. I have been to others, but this will be my and my boys first time there. My husband hasn't been since he was a teenager. The campground is so close you can actually see the rollercoasters!

Now that sounds like a lot of fun!! I have definitely heard of that one....heck you are all going to have an absolute blast there!!

And to be so close to the rides will be lovely!

We have friends in Ohio, somewhere we`d like to visit one day to see them, so many places to visit that sound really nice to visit!!

Slightly OT.....

Just got a lovely email from Mrs J from the JP family we met this trip.

She told me Carole`s Punch was featured on The Pugh Two Youtube channel when they featured Sapphire Falls and I`m happy to say they loved it!!!

1709840161725.jpeg

I never watch vlogs so I`d never have seen it, so big thank you to the lovely Mrs J for letting me know about it and hope you enjoy it when you next visit!!!!

And I have to say I did like the Pugh Two........ 🥰

We were still on quite a high from getting on Hagrid`s as we left Hogsmeade, but we weren`t quite ready to leave the park yet, so we ambled round behind The Mystic Fountain where the infamous Sindbad show used to be held.

The area behind it hosts the line for Hagrid`s at peak times and they have blocked off one of the ways in to see what is behind the fountain, and this at one point was the main entrance to Sindbad show which closed a few years ago now in 2018.

i-jhJ8JXQ-X2.jpg

It is like a secret world back there, highly themed and usually very quite on any given day, except for the biggest bugbear for us in the parks, there is a smoking area which if there are folks smoking, it`s not so nice to wander. Yes, I admit to being incredibly anti smoking and would ban it from all public places, never going to happen of course, but we avoid smokers wherever possible if we can.

Today we are the only ones around here, there is also a little doggy area which we have never seen used anytime we`re back here, but usually it`s incredibly peaceful.

i-4SfN3D6-X2.jpg

This is another building I think would make a fabulous little hotel to have a special suite of room you can`t buy, but are offered randomly, a little like the Castle Suite in MK.

i-FJq9qrR-X2.jpg

i-pPcfF3k-X2.jpg

It`s another area that has so many details in the buildings and facades, you really could be transported to another world and time, exactly what the Sindbad show encompassed. We did like that show but a little like Poseidon, we didn`t watch it often enough.

i-kNWDKGz-X2.jpg

i-sjgVZhw-X2.jpg

The picture below was from 2021 when you could walk in the former entrance that was wide open. It was very odd seeing the former theatre not quite stripped of everything yet, but definitely a shadow of it`s former glory.

i-GtRH4FQ-X2.jpg

i-kxFG9cW-X2.jpg

Love this walkway below, it must be the nicest walkway to any bathrooms I have ever seen!

I did pop in to splash some cold water on my face, it was boiling hot now and the humidity was through the roof so a few seconds in the cool would be welcome, these bathrooms back here are never usually too busy either at certain times, today it was deserted apart from the usual cleaning lady.

I must say, I`ve never came across a dirty bathroom in all our visits to Universal, they are always immaculate and well kept, not something I can say in this country as so many are not in the best condition.

i-cpgjG5D-X2.jpg

We bought a bottle of water and wandered around Fire Eaters Grill which is a very nice counter service, but no indoor seating which is one of the reasons we never eat there, our last time eating there was the Orlando Informer event and we did enjoy it even though it`s hard to muck up chicken tenders!

i-Zc3nmmT-X2.jpg

Again, as an outdoor eating area it is incredibly themed and colourful, it is very pretty but usually it`s just too hot for us to eat during the day outside, we are definitely fans of aircon while we eat.

i-S8WTtpw-X2.jpg

More to come......not long to go now I promise!!!! ☺️

The campground is so close you can actually see the rollercoasters!
If the campground is one I’m thinking of across the bay, there a little lighthouse you used to be able to climb the windinding staircase
It is like a secret world back there,
Indeed but, puzzling it’s been wasted space/dormant for so long.
It was very odd seeing the former theatre not quite stripped of everything yet, but definitely a shadow of it`s former glory.
Almost as tho it’s just waiting for a new storyline wink wink, I wish
Oh, feel free to stretchhhhhh it out

We were still on quite a high from getting on Hagrid`s as we left Hogsmeade, but we weren`t quite ready to leave the park yet, so we ambled round behind The Mystic Fountain where the infamous Sindbad show used to be held.

The area behind it hosts the line for Hagrid`s at peak times and they have blocked off one of the ways in to see what is behind the fountain, and this at one point was the main entrance to Sindbad show which closed a few years ago now in 2018.

i-jhJ8JXQ-X2.jpg

It is like a secret world back there, highly themed and usually very quite on any given day, except for the biggest bugbear for us in the parks, there is a smoking area which if there are folks smoking, it`s not so nice to wander. Yes, I admit to being incredibly anti smoking and would ban it from all public places, never going to happen of course, but we avoid smokers wherever possible if we can.

Today we are the only ones around here, there is also a little doggy area which we have never seen used anytime we`re back here, but usually it`s incredibly peaceful.

i-4SfN3D6-X2.jpg

This is another building I think would make a fabulous little hotel to have a special suite of room you can`t buy, but are offered randomly, a little like the Castle Suite in MK.

i-FJq9qrR-X2.jpg

i-pPcfF3k-X2.jpg

It`s another area that has so many details in the buildings and facades, you really could be transported to another world and time, exactly what the Sindbad show encompassed. We did like that show but a little like Poseidon, we didn`t watch it often enough.

i-kNWDKGz-X2.jpg

i-sjgVZhw-X2.jpg

The picture below was from 2021 when you could walk in the former entrance that was wide open. It was very odd seeing the former theatre not quite stripped of everything yet, but definitely a shadow of it`s former glory.

i-GtRH4FQ-X2.jpg

i-kxFG9cW-X2.jpg

Love this walkway below, it must be the nicest walkway to any bathrooms I have ever seen!

I did pop in to splash some cold water on my face, it was boiling hot now and the humidity was through the roof so a few seconds in the cool would be welcome, these bathrooms back here are never usually too busy either at certain times, today it was deserted apart from the usual cleaning lady.

I must say, I`ve never came across a dirty bathroom in all our visits to Universal, they are always immaculate and well kept, not something I can say in this country as so many are not in the best condition.

i-cpgjG5D-X2.jpg

We bought a bottle of water and wandered around Fire Eaters Grill which is a very nice counter service, but no indoor seating which is one of the reasons we never eat there, our last time eating there was the Orlando Informer event and we did enjoy it even though it`s hard to muck up chicken tenders!

i-Zc3nmmT-X2.jpg

Again, as an outdoor eating area it is incredibly themed and colourful, it is very pretty but usually it`s just too hot for us to eat during the day outside, we are definitely fans of aircon while we eat.

i-S8WTtpw-X2.jpg

"It's hard to muck up chicken tenders". I LMAO on this one:)

I love watching the Great British Bake Off, and one time Paul said that they had to make brownies. He said it is a basic recipe and if you mess that up you are in trouble"

Well, I thought I would make brownies from scratch. Afterall, I used to make them all the time when the kids were little. I think I said , "Any idiot can make brownies". No Problem! Well, they turned out very wet in the middle but ok on the sides. Fine, I thought. I'll just put it back in the oven for a while. I took it out in 10 minutes and the same thing. It was gross! So, I kept putting it back in the oven to bake more. I ended up baking the darn thing over 1 1/2 hours!!! past the baking time and it still was not done in the middle! We gave them to my teenage grandson who will eat anything, and he tried to bake them for a while again! I don't know what happened.

Roger and I get a big laugh out of this. I learned never to say "Brownies are so easy anybody can make them".
Famous last words. :rotfl2:

If the campground is one I’m thinking of across the bay, there a little lighthouse you used to be able to climb the windinding staircase

Indeed but, puzzling it’s been wasted space/dormant for so long.

Almost as tho it’s just waiting for a new storyline wink wink, I wish

Oh, feel free to stretchhhhhh it out

I think the plans they had were altered due to the pandemic, and now with EU, it`s on the back burner, what ever it is they have planned. I think it will be spectacular all the same, it is a huge space and deserves something extra special!!!!

You never know, you might just get your wish.......:)

lol.....I should have long finished it by now, but I suppose it quite a long trip, so will take time, but I don`t like dragging it out too long, I did think I`d be finished this week, but not looking that way so far!!!

"It's hard to muck up chicken tenders". I LMAO on this one:)

I love watching the Great British Bake Off, and one time Paul said that they had to make brownies. He said it is a basic recipe and if you mess that up you are in trouble"

Well, I thought I would make brownies from scratch. Afterall, I used to make them all the time when the kids were little. I think I said , "Any idiot can make brownies". No Problem! Well, they turned out very wet in the middle but ok on the sides. Fine, I thought. I'll just put it back in the oven for a while. I took it out in 10 minutes and the same thing. It was gross! So, I kept putting it back in the oven to bake more. I ended up baking the darn thing over 1 1/2 hours!!! past the baking time and it still was not done in the middle! We gave them to my teenage grandson who will eat anything, and he tried to bake them for a while again! I don't know what happened.

Roger and I get a big laugh out of this. I learned never to say "Brownies are so easy anybody can make them".
Famous last words. :rotfl2:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That is so funny!!!! lol......yes, don`t you hate when folks say you can`t go wrong with a dish....and you go very wrong with it!!! 1 1/2 hours?????

I wonder where you went wrong!

I think my worst kitchen experience was once I was baking a ginger cake and it kept rising....and rising.....and rising.....I had to keep slicing whole sections off the top or it would be against the top of the Aga.....lol......in the end, it went in the trash, it was not going to be saved!

I admit I`m not the best baker, my cakes are never light and fluffy the way one of my best friends cakes are, she has the magic touch, mine are just average I think. But my flourless chocolate cake, ooey gooey chocolate cookies and butter shortbread are unbeatable.....even if I say so myself......lol......

And yes, a 5 year old can cook chicken tenders and do it properly, no excuses from any food outlet getting them wrong, kids food should still be decent 😁

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That is so funny!!!! lol......yes, don`t you hate when folks say you can`t go wrong with a dish....and you go very wrong with it!!! 1 1/2 hours?????

I wonder where you went wrong!

I think my worst kitchen experience was once I was baking a ginger cake and it kept rising....and rising.....and rising.....I had to keep slicing whole sections off the top or it would be against the top of the Aga.....lol......in the end, it went in the trash, it was not going to be saved!

I admit I`m not the best baker, my cakes are never light and fluffy the way one of my best friends cakes are, she has the magic touch, mine are just average I think. But my flourless chocolate cake, ooey gooey chocolate cookies and butter shortbread are unbeatable.....even if I say so myself......lol......

And yes, a 5 year old can cook chicken tenders and do it properly, no excuses from any food outlet getting them wrong, kids food should still be decent 😁
Okay You are ON! It's the great chicken tender cookoff !! I;ll do the chicken tenders if YOU do the brownies. After all anyone can make brownies :sad2: . FYI the brownies were from a Box!!! All I had to do was put the eggs, water, and oil in and bake. And yes, I did bake another 1 1/2 hours, and Gary (grandson) baked them again!!! He finally took a spoon and ate them. Nothing stops a teenage boy from eating! I try to tell myself that Betty Crocker screwed up the box of Brownies, and I'm going with that:):)

As long as any potential overlay would amount to more than putting lipstick on a 🐖, I’m all in

Realize Epic project costs are first and foremost, they still need some sort of sit down entertainment show. Long as it’s not in the realm of F&F or Fallon :magnify:

I don`t think it`ll be anything like those two, heaven forbid!! Those have to have been the worst things ever to hit UOR!

It`s too huge a space to be laying deserted like that for too long.

Okay You are ON! It's the great chicken tender cookoff !! I;ll do the chicken tenders if YOU do the brownies. After all anyone can make brownies :sad2: . FYI the brownies were from a Box!!! All I had to do was put the eggs, water, and oil in and bake. And yes, I did bake another 1 1/2 hours, and Gary (grandson) baked them again!!! He finally took a spoon and ate them. Nothing stops a teenage boy from eating! I try to tell myself that Betty Crocker screwed up the box of Brownies, and I'm going with that:):)

Oh heck, I am rolling laughing!!!

They were from a box......lol....I always thought you couldn`t go wrong with them!!

I can say that as we`re friends....... 😁 Oh and I completely agree, it must have been a dodgy box, had to be :rolleyes1

I think it must be twenty years since I`ve made chicken tenders! We never gave Kyle those frozen kiddy chicken shapes, always fresh, but I would try yours and I`ll do the brownies 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter