Hobie Cats on Castaway

OldPyrate

Mouseketeer
I usually rent a Hobie Cat sailboat on Castaway for a while, and on our upcoming cruise (Sep 25, Magic), the reservations sold out, which I find a bit unusual, as you can generally walk up and rent one, so I didn't bother making a reservation. Now they aren't even showing up as an option for Castaway Cay port adventures. Did DCL discontinue the Hobie Cat rentals?

Last edited:
Interesting, something may be going on. We had a reservation for Aug 18 and after we had settled in our chairs on Castaway Cay that morning we got a message our reservation was canceled due to unforeseen circumstances. I can't imagine it was a weather issue and in the past when they cancel for weather they stated so. We noticed the cats weren't even rigged that day.

Interesting, something may be going on. We had a reservation for Aug 18 and after we had settled in our chairs on Castaway Cay that morning we got a message our reservation was canceled due to unforeseen circumstances. I can't imagine it was a weather issue and in the past when they cancel for weather they stated so. We noticed the cats weren't even rigged that day.
thanks for the info!

e-mailed DCL Guest Services. They removed the Hobie Cats from advance reservations; they are still available for rent on a walk-up basis.:boat:
Makes sense; I've done them twice and never did an advance reservation because you don't know what the wind will be like the day you are at CC. I had wanted to do them on a third cruise but there wasn't enough wind so I shifted to snorkeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter