Hogwart's Nighttime show

newestkg06

DIS Veteran
I read a thread from Jan on Orlando Insider about this and I"m concerned about crowds. We are going on Aug 22-24 and we would like to see this. Our kids are 7 and 10. Their description made it seem like it will be crazy crowded with long lines. Is that still true? Can anyone share their experiences? Thanks!

I haven;t seen the show yet, but I can tell you HPland is crazy crowded at the best of times, so you can figured it out if there is a new show being done.

The first show of the evening is packed. The later shows are easily accessible and less crowded. Since they replay the show about every 15-20min, it's easy to hit a later show.

There isn't a line per se, it is the whole area in front of the castle that you can hang out to watch the show from anywhere - in front of the shops, near the little stage, and also over on the bridge towards Kong (the bridge is least crowded). There is a good view from all over, since the lights are on Hogwarts up above everyone.

If the "viewing area" is too packed, they will stop people from entering the area until after the show ends and crowds disperse... then you can enter for the next show instead. This was the case for the first show of the evening. After the first few, it thinned out enough to walk freely throughout the area and get into FJ again (as that entrance is past the main show viewing area).

I'd just plan to arrive at least 40min after posted start time for the show, since they play it until closing time. Then you should miss the first 2 busiest shows.

My experience was from Feb, and it was busy in the parks.

I hadn't heard of this, good to know! We probably will wait to watch one of the later shows, but at what time is the first show?

We saw this last week. The first show seemed to start at 9pm each night. We saw the first show one night, and then could see the fireworks from RPR at 9pm each night.

I saw it wtb my 15 year old potter maniac tonight at 9:30. It’s easy to see, you can stand anywhere in front of the castle and see it. It’s very cool and only about 10 minutes long. Worth seeing if you can do it for sure.

If you’re going in July next year and park hours remain the same it’ll start again at 9pm for the first show.

We saw this again over the weekend and the first show is probably the busiest, but didn’t seem as bad crowd wise as we remembered from March and May.

We stayed around that area and saw the next two shows too, crowds do lessen a little for later shows.

And crowds are dispersed better than previous visits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter