Hojo Anaheim?

grannyminnie

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I've booked here for early November and so far as the trip reviews I've read, the experience will be positive. I've stayed at the DLH a couple of times but this is my first experience at one of the nearby "Good Neighbor" hotels. I have never seen any mention of the elevator situation as I have, say, in the wait for them at PPH. We will be in the tower building, maybe top floor if I get my request. Does anybody know if the wait for the elevator is excessive? (I know early mornings may tax it, but how bad?)

We've stayed at the Hojo many times, it's our offsite hotel. I've never had any problems with their elevators.

Just an FYI about the top floor rooms in the tower...there are large windows up high, without curtains, that let in light. If you like a dark room for sleeping, that might be a problem. Maybe bring a sleep mask just in case.

We stayed at the HoJo recently and did not experience any challenges with the elevator and we were on a lower floor that could have easily filled up with people above us. I think that only happened once in our whole stay.

I've never ever had an issue with the HoJo elevators. Even at 30 minutes before park opening and right after park close. There's never a line...maybe one family ahead of us. But it moves so fast that it doesn't matter much.

Just an FYI about the top floor rooms in the tower...there are large windows up high, without curtains, that let in light. If you like a dark room for sleeping, that might be a problem. Maybe bring a sleep mask just in case.

I want to double down on Jennifer's warning. On the 7th floor, they have these half-circle windows in the ceiling that let the light pour in during the early morning hours. Unless you can sleep through that, it may affect your sleep patterns. Kids seem to sleep through it fine. Adults...not so much.

We've stayed on the 6th floor (7th is the top) of building one twice now and we never had any issues with the elevators. Having also stayed at PPH, I can say that PPH elevators were definitely slower. Its probably just because the Hojo building is so much smaller so less people using it vs PPH.
Enjoy your stay! Hojo is our favorite offsite hotel! We'll be there in November too!

Hojo is now our favorite off site hotel. Even my pickiest of picky DH loves it! ;) We have never encountered an elevator problem at Hojo's. We will be there in November as well! Have a great trip =)

We've stayed at the Hojo many times, it's our offsite hotel. I've never had any problems with their elevators.

We love the HoJo and have never had a problem with the elevators. Regarding the top floor rooms with the uncovered windows... we've stayed in those rooms before and love the higher ceilings. It makes the room feel huge! And since we're up early to get to DL in the mornings, the light coming in isn't a problem for us.

Thanks for all your thoughts (and warnings about those windows!). I'm intrigued by that and hope they don't disturb us! Maybe I don't want the top floor!

For the poster who mentioned it, our stay is Nov. 6 thru 9 at the Hojo. DH (who is really a non-DH!) is excited for the fireworks view from the premium room. However, I have yet to tell him about those pesky ceiling windows a couple of you mentioned! :rolleyes1

We just had that room type about two weeks ago and I loved it. It made the room so open and inviting too but yes it found get bright. Just two adults so no worries for us , we love it !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 11
So do you guys think that every room on the top floor has these windows?

It is my understanding that every room on the top floor has them.

I would say yes if it's in building 1 facing Disney, I can't speak for others as we always book that room type.

You can see from photos the top floors have the half moon shape windows from the ground .They seem to be great with requests so you can probably call and ask what is best. We love HOJO and earn fre nights quickly through Wyndham rewards.

Since you are a frequent guest, I'd appreciate any info about the place you might could share that is not apparent on the website.

Since you are a frequent guest, I'd appreciate any info about the place you might could share that is not apparent on the website.

Anything in particular? Trip advisor is great too but I'll be happy to address anything I can.

We stayed top floor in mid October a few years ago and loved it. Regarding the windows on the top floor, sunrise in early November after the 6th (daylight savings time ends then, and sunrise is an hour earlier) is about 6:15 a.m. If you are rope drop people, this won't be that much of a problem, because you'll be up early anyway, at least on the weekends, to hit rope drop. Other days it still allows you to wake up naturally, get ready leisurely, and go have breakfast before you get to the gates.

Personally, this worked great for us, and also I LOVE not having people on the floor above us. Those little kids' heels hitting the floor above can sound like concrete.

Here's a picture I took lying in bed at 7 a.m. in October at the HoJo, when I was commenting on the amount of light coming in, and how I thought it was soft, not glaring at all. http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/avalon451/101_2539.jpg

No, Astylla, no specific questions....I just like to learn things about where I'm staying. I have read several of the trip reports and they all seem to paint the place in glowing terms!
Avalon, my main reason for wanting that top floor is what you described as "little kids' heels hitting the floor above"! (altho sometimes the noise overhead is so loud I'd swear it was very BIG kids!! :faint: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter