• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hojo - Five people in a room

riftguy

Earning My Ears
I was looking at booking the Howard Johnson, and for a family of five (3 adults, 2 children) it was suggesting I could fit in one of the "2 Double Bed" rooms in Buildings 3-6.

I was wondering if anyone who has stayed here could weigh in on if that is actually the case? Is there a sofa sleeper or something in addition to the two beds?

Thanks!

Hmmm . . . We stayed there, in a standard double about this time last year, and the only way I could see 3 adults and 2 kids in one of those rooms is if you got a rollaway bed. The rooms ARE large, and there would be plenty of room for rollaway, but the beds are just regular, double-beds.

We stayed in building 6 last year in a 2- double room on the first floor with our family of 5. We usually do a suite, but this was a quick trip so I decided to chance it. I was actually surprised by how large the room was. We hadn't requested a roll away, but there was one inside of a large closet. Even with the rollaway in place, there was still enough room to move around. I've stayed at most of the hotels on Harbor, and I'd say it was definitely the largest standard room I've seen. I did miss having a microwave though.

I actually called them recently about this same thing. Travelocity knew we had 5 people in our party but kept coming up with what looked like a four-person room at HoJo. The staff person told me when I called that they usually just bring in a roll-away bed and that there was enough room, but we could ask for them to move it during the day if we wanted. The website for the Anaheim location shows some nice suites with room for more than 4 people, but all of those were booked during our travel time. We ended up booking elsewhere because I didn't think any of my kids would love sleeping in a roll-away!

The double beds are a tight fit for 2 adults. If it's kids, it could work. The 5th person would use the roll away bed that most rooms have in the closet (for an additional fee). Technically the rooms are pretty big. We managed 5 in the 2 double room, but 2 of our kids brought their own cots. It was 2 adults and 3 kids. They do have suites that can accommodate up to 8 adults, but they cost usually between $400 and $500. For the cost of the suites, I'd recommend the Courtyard that's literally across the street from HOJO. The standard rooms sleep 6 (though 2 would have to sleep on a bunk bed).

When we stayed there a few years back, there was a large closet in the rooms and it had a roll away in the closet. We really liked the rooms in buildings 3-6.

We had three adults/two kids stay in the kids suite as one of the adults slept on the pull out - after we went to Walmart and bought a mattress pad though. Any other room I think you'd need a roll-away which I believe they will provide. The rooms are a good size and it would likely work as long as you are not planning a stay of any great length.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter