HoJo or Portofino

AvidTraveller

Earning My Ears
We are presently booked in a kids suite at HoJo. In previous trips we have stayed at the Park Vue Inn. This will be our first stay at Hojo.

We once (once was enough!) stayed at the Portofino. We really disliked this motel. The walk was way too long and it wasn't very nice. We booked 48 hours before our trip and it was the only place with availability (last minute destination change due to a hurricaine hitting Mexico!).

Please tell me that the Hojo is nicer and alot closer to the parks than the Portofino. It seems to be, but I am looking for reassurance (I am still haunted by our stay at the Portofino!:eek:).

We are presently booked in a kids suite at HoJo. In previous trips we have stayed at the Park Vue Inn. This will be our first stay at Hojo.

We once (once was enough!) stayed at the Portofino. We really disliked this motel. The walk was way too long and it wasn't very nice. We booked 48 hours before our trip and it was the only place with availability (last minute destination change due to a hurricaine hitting Mexico!).

Please tell me that the Hojo is nicer and alot closer to the parks than the Portofino. It seems to be, but I am looking for reassurance (I am still haunted by our stay at the Portofino!:eek:).

I should also mention that our stay at the Portifino was several years ago, so perhaps things have improved there. I'm assuming though that their location hasn't! :)

WE have stayed at both and, like you, really disliked Portofino. In fact I'm hard pressed to think of a single positive thing to say about it. We love Hojo!! We have never stayed in a kidsuite, but have tried all the other types of rooms and have always been happy. I dont remember how long the walk from Portofino was, but the walk from Hojo is about 10 minutes.

We also have stayed both places, actually in same trip. We ended up at the Portofino because we were offered free nights in exchange for viewing the Wyndham time share presentation. Really disliked the Portofino. We love Hojos so much we currently have 3 trips reserved there. Don't know about kids suite, we usually have a king accessible room. I recommend Hojo's to everyone I meet who travels to DL.:cheer2:

Never tried the Portofino; big fan of Hojo though. Hotel is a bit dated but very clean. Grounds are pretty and well kept. Nice pool. Fun kid's water play area with water slides and cannons. We really like the kid suite. It's basically two rooms, each with their own bathroom, connected by a door. The adult side has a king bed, and the kid side has bunk beds and a small pull-out couch (we've never used this). Each side has a flat-screen t.v. (not a lot of channels though but we don't really watch much t.v. when at Disney anyway). There is a small safe, microwave, keurig coffeemaker, and fridge on the adult side. The door to the outer hallway is on the kid side of the suite, and this bothers some people but has never presented a problem to us. You are highway facing, but they have added some soundproofing to floors 1-6, and I have noticed the improvement.

The walk is very reasonable. Yes, you will pass several other closer hotels on the way there, but this is not as distant as the Portofino. It's about the same distance from Hojo to the esplanade as the Candy Cane Inn is, just from the opposite direction. The walk takes us about 8-10 minutes.

Super helpful replies everyone. Many thanks!

The layout of the hojo kids suite sounds ideal. I love that the fridge, microwave, etc. is on the parents side. Definitely nice to have it set up that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter