~ HoJo's ~ UPDATE ~ WE JUST RETURNED!!! Please read post 88!!!!!

momrek06

DIS Veteran
Hey Everyone! :wave:

So my birthday is March 6th and DH is taking the 7th off and we want to head up to DL for that night!!! :goodvibes

So after reading on here, decided I would call Hojo's.

(Last time we did an overnight (as we usually do day trips) we stayed at the CCI and loved it but wanted to try some place different).

I read allot of the threads here as well as on Hojo's website (their message boards) about Hojo's, as a hotel and as well about their cancellation policies.

HoJo's posted on their own message boards that they had these great AP discounts. When I clicked on the dates, sure enough, there was MARCH 6th. $59.00 for a standard king room. We thought that was a GREAT rate AND we said, fine, if something came up and we could not get there on the 6th, then $59.00 is ok to lose.

So on THEIR message boards it states to call directly to HoJo's and lists their Anaheim # and to ask for in-house reservations. I get a rep named Jessica. I asked for availability on Sunday, Mar 6th and I would like a standard king room. Jessica informs me that they have plenty of availability. I said AWESOME. I then tell her that I am an AP holder and would like the $59.00 rate and that I have read over the cancellation rules and have no issue with their policies on that rate.

Ok hold on ...

Jessica: "Oh, sorry, we do NOT have that rate available" …
Me: I just read it on the DIS and on YOUR message boards" …
Jessica: "we just changed them THIS morning" …
Me: "THIS morning, right now when I called" …
Jessica: "yes" …

Why do places do crap like that …. :headache:

Fine, Jessica, I will just call the Candy Cane Inn. :thumbsup2

frack
what the hell is wrong with hojo
well i hope you can get cc inn but i excpect alot of mixed reviews with hojos i hope our trip in nov is still good. but because there new canlation policy this will probley be our last trip there.

Idk for sure but im sorry they messed you around. did you call in house resvation?

frack
what the hell is wrong with hojo
well i hope you can get cc inn but i excpect alot of mixed reviews with hojos i hope our trip in nov is still good. but because there new canlation policy this will probley be our last trip there.

Idk for sure but im sorry they messed you around. did you call in house resvation?

Thanks, Jade.

Yes, I called the Anaheim # and then asked for In-House ressies and I then got a clerk/rep named Jessica.

What bothers me is they have plenty of availability for that Sunday, March 6th, as I asked that FIRST. It was after Jessica stated they could accommodate me, that I then said I would like the special AP rate.

For us, we have never stayed there and DH & I wanted to try HoJo's … :headache:

Thanks, Jade.

Yes, I called the Anaheim # and then asked for In-House ressies and I then got a clerk/rep named Jessica.

What bothers me is they have plenty of availability for that Sunday, March 6th, as I asked that FIRST. It was after Jessica stated they could accommodate me, that I then said I would like the special AP rate.

For us, we have never stayed there and DH & I wanted to try HoJo's … :headache:

If you called over the weekend, you were transferred to the Corporate reservation system, who will tell you that they are in-house, even though they are not. You obviously did not deal with in-house reservations. You need to call back during regular business hours Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, make CERTAIN you are speaking with in-house reservations at the hotel in Anaheim and you will get a different answer, guaranteed! :wizard:

What is going on over there?? I have been part if this dis board for quite some time...I too had read about HOJO and for the first time last May I finally decided to see what the hype was all about!!

Let me just say...it was amazing!!! The customer service was spot on...Rooms were awesome...kids and I had a blast at their pools...loved the laundry (i always do laundry on vacation)...mimi's was so convenient...used coupons...used ET rate...had a blast!! I seriously will not stay anywhere else ( unless we do the grand again sometime)

Now a year later there is so much controversy going on over there? What gives? I know the new cancellation policy is causing some hype...although it doesnt bother me...our family simply finds our dates...gets a hotel (of course we work around the best rates and shoot for HOJO) and then make our ressies!! I don't have to work around airfare nor do I ever cancel or have
reason to (when Disneyland is on the calendar there is no stopping me)

So I'm confused when HOJO puts up dates for AP/ER...you call in and then they say they aren't honoring those dates? Did they mean they didn't have any more rooms at that rate? That would make sense...but to say they changed their dates that morning doesn't make sense?!?!

Personally I would call again and talk to someone else or ask to speak to the manager...if it's on the website and their are AP/ER rooms available they should honor that!!
I know sometimes when people experience something like you did they will NOT call back or try again...but if you do post to let us know what was said...I'd be interested!!

It's just so much fun over there!!! I'm locked in with our up and coming trip and I'm just praying the trip after will be a smooth one!!

If you called over the weekend, you were transferred to the Corporate reservation system, who will tell you that they are in-house, even though they are not. You obviously did not deal with in-house reservations. You need to call back during regular business hours Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, make CERTAIN you are speaking with in-house reservations at the hotel in Anaheim and you will get a different answer, guaranteed! :wizard:

YES! That would make sense and exactly why you should call back!! Give it a try!!

A couple of things. The Hojo webpage states the following:

"The Retro Rate discount is subject to availability and may change without notice. There is a 2 room limit per AP."

I suspect the rate isn't based merely on having rooms available but on having an abundance of rooms available. There may still be rooms available, but the great rate may not be offered anymore. It is a bummer to call in and find this out.

If you called on a Sunday, you definitely did not talk to in-house reservations since in-house is closed on Sundays. It is true that the national reservation agents are pretty much useless when trying to get any special rates at the Anaheim Hojo.

There is a lady named Jessica who works at Hojos in-house reservations, so it is possible you were connected to the right place.

Thanks everyone for all your replies.

I read on the Hojo forums to call 1-714-776-6120. I did and I ask for In-House ressies. They said, hold on. It was then that I got Jessica.

I just feel that I spent way too much time reading :surfweb: all about their deals and their policies, old and new. I then read all their forums regarding booking and AP rates etc etc. I wanted to make sure I knew what I was talking about when I went to book the room.

I was so excited to see that that ONE Sunday in March which happens to be my birthday and the date I wanted; was listed as one of the special AP rate dates! :goodvibes

THANKS everyone for the idea to call back during the week. I think I will do just that, call tomorrow morning.

OK DISer's, this is a copy & paste from HoJo's message boards. If this is still available WHY is it showing on their website? :headache:

We love our Annual Passholders!

**Updated 01/18/11**

Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder Retro Rate::

$59 per night + tax for a Standard Room with one king bed [NK1], a Standard Room with two oversized double beds [NDD1] or a Standard Room two queen beds [NQQ3]
$69 per night + tax for a Deluxe Room with two queen beds [NQQ2]
$79 per night + tax for a Premium Disney View Room with two queen beds [NQQ1]
$99 per night + tax for a Kids Suite with one king bed, twin bunk beds and a pull-out sleeper [SNK2]

**Please note that these rates are subject to availability and may open or close without notice. Please call 714-776-6120 and ask for In-House Reservations for up-to-the-minute AP Rate availability information.**

January 2011:: 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31
February 2011:: 1, 2, 3, 6, 27, 28
March 2011:: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8
April 2011::22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
May 2011::1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31
June 2011:: N/A
July 2011:: N/A
August 2011:: N/A
September 2011::5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21
October 2011:: 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
November 2011:: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30
December 2011:: 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Update::
Due to the high demand of our "Retro Discount" we have implemented a non cancelable policy on these reservations to prevent "date squatting" by making multiple tentative reservations.

Retro Discount room reservations are charged at checkout.
RD reservations cancelled prior to the arrival date will be charged 1 night's charge.
If you add or subtract nights from a reservation (changes) we will not charge a fee.
Mixed rate reservations will revert to the standard 48 hour cancellation policy
Additional RD days may be added as they become available.

OK DISer's, this is a copy & paste from HoJo's message boards. If this is still available WHY is it showing on their website? :headache:

We love our Annual Passholders!

**Updated 01/18/11**

Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder Retro Rate::

$59 per night + tax for a Standard Room with one king bed [NK1], a Standard Room with two oversized double beds [NDD1] or a Standard Room two queen beds [NQQ3]
$69 per night + tax for a Deluxe Room with two queen beds [NQQ2]
$79 per night + tax for a Premium Disney View Room with two queen beds [NQQ1]
$99 per night + tax for a Kids Suite with one king bed, twin bunk beds and a pull-out sleeper [SNK2]

**Please note that these rates are subject to availability and may open or close without notice. Please call 714-776-6120 and ask for In-House Reservations for up-to-the-minute AP Rate availability information.**

January 2011:: 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31
February 2011:: 1, 2, 3, 6, 27, 28
March 2011:: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8
April 2011::22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
May 2011::1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31
June 2011:: N/A
July 2011:: N/A
August 2011:: N/A
September 2011::5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21
October 2011:: 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
November 2011:: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30
December 2011:: 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Update::
Due to the high demand of our "Retro Discount" we have implemented a non cancelable policy on these reservations to prevent "date squatting" by making multiple tentative reservations.

Retro Discount room reservations are charged at checkout.
RD reservations cancelled prior to the arrival date will be charged 1 night's charge.
If you add or subtract nights from a reservation (changes) we will not charge a fee.
Mixed rate reservations will revert to the standard 48 hour cancellation policy
Additional RD days may be added as they become available.

It IS still available. You spoke to someone in the national (1-800) number. They will never, ever offer these rates to you. Please call back tomorrow, during regular business hours, ask for Lorealle or Desi, and you will be very happy with your reservation. :flower3:

It IS still available. You spoke to someone in the national (1-800) number. They will never, ever offer these rates to you. Please call back tomorrow, during regular business hours, ask for Lorealle or Desi, and you will be very happy with your reservation. :flower3:

I will do just that and report back! :thumbsup2

Thanks, everyone!

Personally I would call again and talk to someone else or ask to speak to the manager...if it's on the website and their are AP/ER rooms available they should honor that!!

I would do this. Not only should they honor it. They have to. Truth in Advertising will stand up in court if not.

So if the manager doesn't make it right. Call the BBB next. Then Hojo corportate. Then if you want to persue it further and attorney that would like to get money out of the Hojo.

I would do this. Not only should they honor it. They have to. Truth in Advertising will stand up in court if not.

So if the manager doesn't make it right. Call the BBB next. Then Hojo corportate. Then if you want to persue it further and attorney that would like to get money out of the Hojo.

I can't actually tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. If you're serious, haven't they kind of covered themselves by publishing the last update date on the top of the page and including the following:

"**Please note that these rates are subject to availability and may open or close without notice. Please call 714-776-6120 and ask for In-House Reservations for up-to-the-minute AP Rate availability information.**"

It doesn't mean people won't get mad at them anyway and it doesn't necessarily promote warm fuzzy feelings for them when a date becomes unavailable and the page hasn't been updated, but I'm not sure it's exactly false advertising since there's this disclaimer.

Okay, I have never stayed at HoJos, but have read for years about people here on DIS praising it like it's the Heaven of Motels.

Here's what I don't understand if they are so fantastic: If this rate and availability is shown on their website, why does it matter if the original poster is talking to a national call center or to Lorelei? Shouldn't HoJo's honor what is advertised on their web site?

I would be livid if I was having the OPs experience - and probably take my business elsewhere. Can someone who is a HoJo expert explain this to me, please. Thanks!

- Dreams

Okay, I have never stayed at HoJos, but have read for years about people here on DIS praising it like it's the Heaven of Motels.

Here's what I don't understand if they are so fantastic: If this rate and availability is shown on their website, why does it matter if the original poster is talking to a national call center or to Lorelei? Shouldn't HoJo's honor what is advertised on their web site?

I would be livid if I was having the OPs experience - and probably take my business elsewhere. Can someone who is a HoJo expert explain this to me, please. Thanks!

- Dreams

The AP/ET rates are specific to that location and when you call central they will have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

What I'm not understanding is that you called yesterday, right? I've called and spoke with in-house on a Saturday (I think the hours are just shorter than weekdays) and I'm pretty sure there is a Jessica working there because I think I've spoken to her before on a couple of occasions. It could be a case of them just not updating their website yet, in which case I've called and been told that the rate was no longer available even though it hadnt been updated yet. That's why I always call for when the rate is available rather than the website because you have no idea how up to date it is.

As the website says, availability is subject to change without notice.

I hope something can work out, but it just sounds like a case of bad timing and you'll probably be better off looking elsewhere if that's what you would prefer. I'm sorry this isn't the experience you expected off the bat with the HOJO. I really do love that place and they are amazing. The ET/AP rate is an amazing perk that I'm just thankful they offer.

I can't actually tell if you're being serious or sarcastic. If you're serious, haven't they kind of covered themselves by publishing the last update date on the top of the page and including the following:

"**Please note that these rates are subject to availability and may open or close without notice. Please call 714-776-6120 and ask for In-House Reservations for up-to-the-minute AP Rate availability information.**"

It doesn't mean people won't get mad at them anyway and it doesn't necessarily promote warm fuzzy feelings for them when a date becomes unavailable and the page hasn't been updated, but I'm not sure it's exactly false advertising since there's this disclaimer.

You can't advertise a product that isn't available, even with a disclaimer. It's that simple.

You can't advertise a product that isn't available, even with a disclaimer. It's that simple.

What else is simple is that America is way too sue-happy. If someone actually sued over this all I would be able to do is shake my head. It would be a sad, sad thing. Unfortunate if something cant be worked out, yes, but not worth suing over.

What else is simple is that America is way too sue-happy. If someone actually sued over this all I would be able to do is shake my head. It would be a sad, sad thing. Unfortunate if something cant be worked out, yes, but not worth suing over.

The reason I mention a lawyer is because Hojo is required to follow the law of the land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter