• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

!Hola! Bring Your Own Alcohol?

simonsayz

Loving Dis!
Hi Everyone,

I never did this and just out of curiosity since I am starting to like a little bit of liquor.
FIRST, I am not bringing alcohol to the Parks. I just want to leave it in my room and just wondering if this is allowed? Might be a dumb question, but I rather not take the risk when a mousekeeper sees it and reports it and then I lose out of my Jack Daniel's :)

Anyone have any problems getting their own liquor via checked-in bags at the airports?

We do it. Last year we flew Southwest, so we had plenty of room and brought rum and vodka. Even before we brought it in our luggage, we've previously gotten alcohol included in our grocery deliveries. We usually stay DVC, so mousekeeping isn't in as often. But we leave the bottles in the fridge and/or on coutertops. And of course beer in the fridge. No issues. You are free to keep any and all alcohol in your room. And bring it to the pool! Just make sure to use a plastic cup. We keep red solo cups in our owners locker along with our bottles of booze. Enjoy!

We do as well. We do a grocery store stop & pick up beer. We always buy cans because we walk around the resort and don't want to risk accidentally breaking a bottle. All resorts also sell liquor in their stores so that you can enjoy an adult beverage in your room, if you choose to.

Thanks. I am not a real drinker or rather I choose not to, but every now and then I would like to take a shot of something to ease the rest of the day. Throughout the years of going to Disney I never brought my own. It was just ordering a cocktail or something for Dinner. Drinking at Disney or anywhere else for that matter is a wallet killer! hahaha

When I go to Disney I usually don't go out for grocery. I tend to have the Dining Plans. I'll definitely get some spirits or whiskey in the room the next time I go.

We often bring several bottles of wine for our room, but we don't fly, we drive.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I never did this and just out of curiosity since I am starting to like a little bit of liquor.
FIRST, I am not bringing alcohol to the Parks. I just want to leave it in my room and just wondering if this is allowed? Might be a dumb question, but I rather not take the risk when a mousekeeper sees it and reports it and then I lose out of my Jack Daniel's :)

Anyone have any problems getting their own liquor via checked-in bags at the airports?
Yes, this is allowed. Disney does not screen your bags. We've often brought wine with us on visits.

We have flown with a bottle (vodka) in checked luggage. I look for plastic bottle, and make sure it's wrapped in plastic bags and a towel in Center of suitcase.

To the OP: since you don't do a grocery stop, if you don't want to risk packing alcohol in your luggage (worries maybe of a bottle leaking or breaking, which I think really won't be too risky if you use bubble wrap or something), you can buy small bottles of booze in the resort gift shops (just check with your particular resort). Also, at Epcot on our last trip a couple weeks ago, I went to Norway and bought a 1L bottle of vodka for $20. It was quite tasty! Thing is, they won't let you take it quite out with you. I had it sent to the shop at the entrance (the international gateway) where I could pick it up there, and it took a few hours (I actually went to get it the next morning). I've seen bottles of liquor at other countries, like in Mexico they had quite a selection of tequila for sale. I didn't look at the other countries, but may next visit just for fun!

We've always had wine & beer delivered when we did grocery deliveries. Garden grocer used to deliver liquor but they only will do wine & beer now.

happymommy, i think i will take it via luggage. I just wanted to make sure and not assume :)

thank you for all your feedback. What do you guys think about bringing in a flask?

Yes it's totally fine! You can buy liquor in the gift shop but of course you're probably going to pay more than you normally might.

Not illegal but airlines have restrictions on liquor allowed in checked bags and carry-on and some hotels have policies that do not allow guests to bring alcohol. The questions is legitimate.

I don't think airlines have any restrictions on liquor in checked luggage. We have taken bourbon several times in our checked luggage. I just make sure it is nestled tightly in some clothes so it won't break. Disney doesn't care if you have it in your room. We never tried to hide it - just kept it sitting out where the ice bucket and glasses were.

On what planet does a hotel not allow you to bring alcohol?

It isn't common, but I have read of some resorts in Mexico not only banning that but any outside food. In the US, though, I can't imagine any doing so. Cruise ships are notorious for this - forcing you to pay for their overpriced drinks (thankfully the Disney cruise we went on didn't, so we brought a nice bottle of wine plus one of Grey Goose Vodka).

To the OP: since you don't do a grocery stop, if you don't want to risk packing alcohol in your luggage (worries maybe of a bottle leaking or breaking, which I think really won't be too risky if you use bubble wrap or something), you can buy small bottles of booze in the resort gift shops (just check with your particular resort). Also, at Epcot on our last trip a couple weeks ago, I went to Norway and bought a 1L bottle of vodka for $20. It was quite tasty! Thing is, they won't let you take it quite out with you. I had it sent to the shop at the entrance (the international gateway) where I could pick it up there, and it took a few hours (I actually went to get it the next morning). I've seen bottles of liquor at other countries, like in Mexico they had quite a selection of tequila for sale. I didn't look at the other countries, but may next visit just for fun!

We've always had wine & beer delivered when we did grocery deliveries. Garden grocer used to deliver liquor but they only will do wine & beer now.
I wonder if Norway gift shop is open with the Frozen refurb going on? That's a great idea! Most often I fly into Ft Lauderdale first to visit the rellies, then drive up to WDW, so I can shop before I check in and return rental car. But if I fly into MCO first I'll be hitting Norway ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter