***Holiday card/gift tag swap*** RETURNING 11/22 or sooner

bubbasmom99

DIS Veteran
CARD SWAP
**Please prepare 8 full cards with corresponding envelope. Make sure to include your real name, DIS name, and group # -- use either a small slip of paper or a post-it. Cards can be stamped, scrapped, or both. Use your imagination!

**Groups of 8 -- you will not receive one of your own back. The extra card will be donated to KeikiCards courtesy of the DisBoard scrappers!

GIFT TAG SWAP
**Prepare 12 gift tags (you will not get one of your own back) -- tags should be either double matted or embellished at least twice (stamping, chalking, tearing, distressing, embossing, charms, etc) and have either fibers eyelets in the hole.

**Deadline to return: November 15th

GROUP 1 - Generic holiday/season's greetings
1. ksjayhawks :cool1: 11/12
2. angelmom :cool1: 10/26
3. rsjj
4. inky dinky doo :cool1: 11/14
5. pixiedust32
6. clh2 :cool1: 11/14
7. MaryPoppinsLives
8. bubbasmom99 :cool1: 11/13

GROUP 2 - Christmas specific
1. angelmom :cool1: 10/26
2. mickeyfan :cool1: 11/14
3. KAG Mom
4. MaryPoppinsLives
5. inky dinky doo :cool1: 11/14
6. ksjayhawks :cool1: 11/12
7. mom2grace :cool1: 11/8
8. WDWMom :cool1: 11/1

GROUP 3 - Gift tags (all holiday types)
1. ksjayhawks :cool1: 11/12
2. christinadei :cool1: 11/14
3. sweet maxine :cool1: 11/12
4. MomOf2DisneyKids :cool1: 11/10
5. angelmom :cool1: 10/26
6. mom2grace :cool1: 11/8
7. WDWMom :cool1: 11/1
8. havencruiser :cool1: 11/16
9. bubbasmom99 :cool1: 11/13
10. clh2 :cool1: 11/14
11. MaryPoppinsLives
12. inky dinky doo :cool1: 11/14
13. dizney cruiser :cool1:11/4

:Pinkbounc = gone postal
:cool1: = received

do you still need our email address/phone #s? or is that for people who don't turn theirs in on time? :flower:

Headed out of town for the weekend and have to finish character swap when I get back - will be starting on these after that!

Finishing up my tags and then will start on my cards. The tags were a great way to use up my scraps. Didn't have to buy any paper to do them. I think I have enough fibers in the colors I need too. :banana: :banana:

Just checking in...cut my tags yesterday at my LSS with the most awesome collection of diecuts I have ever seen. Haven't started on my cards - but will when I go stamping with the girls later this month. :wave2:

i ordered some stuff for the cards. can't wait to get them, so i can get started. kinda have an idea of what i'm making...but still playing around in my head! sounds like a lot of you have them done already! wow!! i'll have some questions, once my cards are done, and am getting ready to send them off! until then... :flower:

OK so apparently I didn't even notice this until just now but who/what is/are KeikiCards? Is it a charity? Sympathy cards for Free Willy? (Oops that was Keiko - nevermind.)

Just thought if I was contributing to something I'd like to know what it is I'm contributing to.

www.keikicards.org

Donated cards are distributed to children with life threatening illnesses. This group organizes donors and sends out cards to kids on a regular basis all year round. I thought it would be nice to send a batch of holiday cards, courtesy of the DisBoards scrappers.

I'm almost done!! I have finished my tags and holiday cards, not I just have I more thing to do to my Christmas cards and they should go out in the mail soon. Now I just have to get my CJ layout done. Then I can work on my kids scrapbooks. lol

I am doing my cards tomorrow, probably won't get the tags done though.

It will be my first Christmas project of the season! Bought 2 gifts today for my kids!

I have 2 questions:

1. How large should the tags be?

2. What exactly do you mean by fibers eyelets in the holes? Reinforce the hole with an eyelet and put some fibers through it??

Thanks!

mom2grace said:
I have 2 questions:

1. How large should the tags be?

2. What exactly do you mean by fibers eyelets in the holes? Reinforce the hole with an eyelet and put some fibers through it??

Thanks!

Probably around 2x3 -- I think that's a standard tag size...

Fibers or eyelets means you should either set the hole with an eyelet or have a fiber embellishment in the hole.

bubbasmom99 said:
Probably around 2x3 -- I think that's a standard tag size...

Fibers or eyelets means you should either set the hole with an eyelet or have a fiber embellishment in the hole.

Thanks!

Joy- I popped mine in the mail yesterday-be on the lookout :cool1:

Joy,

I am all done and packaged. Just need to go to the PO. Hopefully I can go today, if not, I'll be there tomorrow.

AngelMom -- got yours today! OMG, thank you so much for the mini-book. It is too adorable -- I never thought about doing that with envelopes! Those would make awesome Christmas gifts for people where you want to give them a "little something" but not a full out gift....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter