Holiday dates - soft open?

tiggerluvr

DIS Vet
We'll be in Orlando Nov 11-17, with our last full day being the 16th, which I had planned for WWOHP. Unfortunately it looks like the holiday festivities officially start on the 17th. For those of you who've been to Universal in November on previous years, do they do a "soft" open? Will most of the decorations be up already on the 16th, and maybe they just don't offer special holiday food or entertainment until the 17th?

We'll be in Orlando Nov 11-17, with our last full day being the 16th, which I had planned for WWOHP. Unfortunately it looks like the holiday festivities officially start on the 17th. For those of you who've been to Universal in November on previous years, do they do a "soft" open? Will most of the decorations be up already on the 16th, and maybe they just don't offer special holiday food or entertainment until the 17th?

Years past UO didn't start their Holiday festivities until Dec. 1st. This earlier date is something new for this year.

This is the second year for earlier holiday festivities. We were there last year on the first day (11/18). I'm not sure they even had all the decorations up on the 18th last year so I don't think they did a soft open but I could be wrong about that. Last year was the first year they did the HP castle projections so they may have had practice runs. I wouldn't count on it for this year, but you never know.

This is the second year for earlier holiday festivities. We were there last year on the first day (11/18). I'm not sure they even had all the decorations up on the 18th last year so I don't think they did a soft open but I could be wrong about that. Last year was the first year they did the HP castle projections so they may have had practice runs. I wouldn't count on it for this year, but you never know.

The projection show might have started early, but all other holiday stuff started Dec. 1st. Typically the decorations don't go up much before that. Maybe it's different this year. the website seems to indicate holiday season will start on Nov. 18th.

The projection show might have started early, but all other holiday stuff started Dec. 1st. Typically the decorations don't go up much before that. Maybe it's different this year. the website seems to indicate holiday season will start on Nov. 18th.

The holiday parade, grinchmas, Suess Landing decorations, the tree across from Jimmy Fallon, and Manheim Steamroller all started or were up on 11/18 last year. My understanding was that it was the first year they started the holiday festivities that early. We saw all of that on our trip. The only thing that may not have been up was the HP decorations.

We are in the same boat - only going to be there on 15th & 16th. Thanks for asking the question I was thinking!

my family did US/IOA on Fri 11/18 and Mon 11/21 last year... the Xmas decorations & parades kicked off on Sat 11/19...on Friday there was no decorations, on Monday the Xmas decorations and parades were up and running...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter