• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday Decor Magically Appearing

Fantaluminishes

To all who come to this happy place, welcome!
Holiday Decorating has started at Disneyland. The snow is on Sleeping Beauty Castle, and the buildings in New Orleans Square are decorated. Holiday merchandise is also available in Frontierland, and other spots. Nothing is up that I can see at DCA.

Yesterday Christmas lights and the big ornaments were up in bugs land and th star was atop the tire tower at Luigi's

I get that they have to do it gradually because of how much there is, but it's almost like going to Target and having Xmas decorations in with the Halloween ones - can we just get through one holiday at a time? :confused3

I am so excited to hear this because we will be there next week!

This is the normal schedule, and we are smack dab in the middle of the "holidays colliding" crossover period of time!:banana: The decorations always begin going up before Halloween. Most of them are in place by when the parade tapes (11/7-11/9), and some things on Main Street go up after the parade is done taping, such as the giant tree, as I recall.

None of the season-specific entertainment is beginning until 11/7 or later, though. Only Haunted Mansion Holiday will be open prior to that date, as it is already open now. Some things won't begin until 11/13, 11/14 or beyond. See this post for more info on when specific things are starting.

There have been Christmas items slowly trickling in for at least a couple of weeks too. Some shirts were first spotted at Elias & Co. Now, the China Closet on Main Street has a wide array of merchandise -- and at least one decorated tree.

The seasonal goodies/snacks begin to appear before 11/13 (the start date of the season) as well. Everything is pretty much happening on schedule.

I get that they have to do it gradually because of how much there is, but it's almost like going to Target and having Xmas decorations in with the Halloween ones - can we just get through one holiday at a time? :confused3

No! Hallowmas is the best time of year! I love the crossover between the holidays. :goodvibes

We just got back and I noticed the snow going up on the Castle a little more each day. We've been in October a few times before, but usually a week earlier than we went this time and the holiday items for sale always magically appeared on our last day there.

Yeah this is awesome. I cant believe were so close. We have been making plans what shirts we will take what pants we will take, and what bags we will use. I am also taking a small ice chest for glass's in case we have some they will get home safe and not as worried about them.

I have a couple pics in this week's Weekly Update, including this one:

Snow01.jpg

Merpy Chrisloween!!

yes holiday decor is magically appearing, thanks to Oriental Trading Company and the mini huna men.

But according to Haunted Mansion Holiday, that's what happens when two holidays collide! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter