Holiday Inn @DLRP any views?

slinky101

DIS Veteran
hi, just had a good price for wekend in november,good writeup in the brits guide but has anyone stayed there?
what isthe transport between hotel and parks like? says it has a free shuttle, also near rail station.
Is the marne la vallee station on the same line as CDG or would we have to change trains?
any advice, vey welcome. :cool1:

As far as off site hotels are concerned the HI is really nice. It has a circus theme but is not at all tacky. The rooms are an average size and very nice. There is air conditioning and room service. The bathrooms are large and lovely. I personally prefer staying in one of the hotels closer to the magic as they are better themed but HI is a very good price and shuttle buses stop rights outside the front door that take you to the park. They come frequently (every 5-10 mins). We also stayed at Kyriad and I would not recommend it, while new it was very basic and VERY tiny.

Holiday Inn and Mövenpick are the best non-disney hotels onsite, in my opinion.

We stayed there twice last year. Great hotel and theming. My only complaint was breakfast was expensive and not that great for kids. If it is included in price fine. If not I'd go to park or McDonald's.

Reid

thanks for all your replies, all helps with the planning and adds to the confusion of what to do for the best? :confused3

HI has added a new children's area with buffet dining geared toward children's tastes. We found the rooms to be very comfortable, the shuttle convenient and the feel of being miles away (but in reality quite close!) to be invaluable after a day in the parks.

does anyone know about getting from CDG to HI on the train? is it straight through or is it easier to use the VEA? :confused3

Hi,

I've stayed at the HI before, and I really enjoyed it. I got my room for 55 Euro/night using expedia.uk.com I've also stayed at the Sequoia, which I also liked. I liked the theme/proximity o the Sequoia better, but frlt that the HI was an Amazing value. I'd definately stay there again!

slinky101 said:
does anyone know about getting from CDG to HI on the train? is it straight through or is it easier to use the VEA? :confused3

Stinky, I found it very easy to use the train. The train drops you off at the entrance of DLP, and you then take the shuttle bus to the HI. Whether or not the VEA is quicker depends on the VEA schedule....taking the Metro will be cheaper, I think

Good luck!

thanks smiling mouse, we have stayed at the sequoia and like it, would prefer to stay on site but HI has worked out a bit of a bargain and this is a sneaky little trip to cure my holiday blues! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter