Holiday Inn - free breakfast with room ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
OK - The Holiday Inn maybe the best Disney Springs hotel for us.
Nice walk to Disney Springs

Since we will not have extra magic hours - not a biggie since we are in our early 60's
We could do breakfast at 7 AM - then go to the parks for an 8 am bus

What is on the menu at the Holiday Inn breakfast ?
Is it worth the $17 for 2 adults?

Also - how is their coffee ? My DH loves coffee.

Is the breakfast at Applebee's® Restaurant - located within the Holiday Inn?

Thank you

Last edited:
Make sure you're looking at the correct Holiday Inn. The one with the Applebees is called the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista. That property is not walking distance to Disney Springs.

The one near Disney Springs is the "Holiday Inn Orlando-Disney Springs Area". Website: https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hote...detail/dining?cm_mmc=YextLocal-_-USA-_-DISLB#

They have their own restaurant called Palm Breezes. I usually work nights, which means I'm going to bed between 4am and 7am...even on vacation. As such, I can't comment on their breakfast. I have picked up take out from their dinner menu. It was decent but not particularly memorable.

I'd say their coffee would be decent but not particularly memorable, too. It certainly was better than the in-room stuff, which is the hot water over pods type that most hotels use in the rooms.

I'm a big coffee fan. For my money, the best coffee at Disney World is at Tea Traders Cafe by Joffreys in The Landing area of Disney Springs. Although it's not showing on their online menu, the last few times I've been there they had a specialty coffee menu. You select from a list of options and they grind and brew your coffee on demand. It's definitely worth a stop if you're at Disney Springs and wanting caffeine.

Tea Traders website: https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/tea-traders-cafe-joffreys/

My parents are big fans of that Holiday Inn (the Disney Springs one) and always get the buffet breakfast option. They really enjoy it.

To add to the coffee discussion - my morning coffee is extremely important to my well being. We are checking in to the Doubletree Disney Springs 4 weeks from today and instead of taking a chance on crappy hotel coffee, I am bringing my own "poor man's Keurig" with a very small kettle and bringing my own coffee from home - makes wonderful coffee. My family thinks I am insane.
The poor man's Keurig:
51rWqH5Ji5L._AC_US218_.jpg

OK - The Holiday Inn maybe the best Disney Springs hotel for us.
Nice walk to Disney Springs ...........

Is the breakfast at Applebee's® Restaurant - located within the Holiday Inn?

Thank you

Agree with WriterguyFL - I think you are might be merging two Holiday Inn's in the LBV area ...... which is very common and sometimes I think the one plays itself out that way on purpose so you think they are walking distance to Disney Springs.

Technically you can walk the 2 miles but it's a very dangerous walk. Here is the path you'd walk.

Two Holiday Inns = red dots
Other Disney Springs hotels = purple dots
Green = Disney Springs

8ad75148-cb75-4d73-99f9-7b4873cca4e6.png

I have the Breakfast & Parking package booked the week before Christmas at Holiday Inn Orlando-Disney Springs Area. The rate is less than a value resort (if you can find availability) & includes breakfast and parking.
Breakfast opens at Palm Breezes Restaurant at 7am. There are reviews on Tripadvisor about Palm Breezes Restaurant & you can filter "breakfast buffet" to bring up just reviews that have those words in them. One such review gives an indication of the what is available at the breakfast buffet "The breakfast buffet has pretty much everything most people would want: bacon, eggs, hash browns, sausage, fresh fruit, toast, pastries, omelet station and, Mickey-shaped waffles." (ErkOwl11).

Buses start running an hour before parks open & each bus goes to 2 parks. We are in our 50's and have been many times on site. We like the week before Thanksgiving the best but the DW snagged vacation time from 12/15/17 - 1/02/18 at the beginning of this past October. So we are heading to a crowded Walt Disney World for a week then to the Gulf Coast for a week.

Thank you - yes it be Holiday Inn Disney Springs
The Map looks great ! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter