• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday Time Tour Reviews?

EEva

Mouseketeer
Has anyone experienced the Holiday Time Tour this year? I have it booked for my first day in about a week, but my trip is super short. So I'm trying to decide if it will be worth the 2.5 hours. Is the parade viewing area across from Matterhorn like last year? (at least I think that's where it was last year.)

Any thoughts or reviews would be greatly appreciated!

My 9 year old and I did the tour a couple weeks ago and I would recommend it mostly for the parade viewing in front of the train station on Main Street. The parade is the 3:30 parade. The hot chocolate (with souvenir tumbler) and cookie was a nice treat, but can be bought separately at locations around the park. Near the end of the tour we entered the LL of Small World Holiday.
Overall we did not enjoy the tour, which entailed a LOT of walking stretching from Galaxy's Edge to Radiator Springs. We spent a lot of time listening to Christmas music as we walked but I did not find the information at each short stop particularly interesting. I don't fault the guide, and even though it was sunny and 82, he managed to find shade for us to stand.
Take my report with a grain of salt as I was stumbling along with a blister on my baby toe by the end.
We gave up the last half hour and made our way to the Parade Viewing area to rest. Those arriving later had to stand behind those sitting on the curb, as those curb seats were taken quickly.
I also booked the Plaza Inn meal for the evening parade with the same viewing location. The food was excellent and I preferred seeing the parade at night.

Thank you for asking this! I kept meaning to post the same question and forgetting. I know last year it got pretty mediocre reviews, so I was wondering if this year was any better. Doesn't sound like it did, bummer.

My 9 year old and I did the tour a couple weeks ago and I would recommend it mostly for the parade viewing in front of the train station on Main Street. The parade is the 3:30 parade. The hot chocolate (with souvenir tumbler) and cookie was a nice treat, but can be bought separately at locations around the park. Near the end of the tour we entered the LL of Small World Holiday.
Overall we did not enjoy the tour, which entailed a LOT of walking stretching from Galaxy's Edge to Radiator Springs. We spent a lot of time listening to Christmas music as we walked but I did not find the information at each short stop particularly interesting. I don't fault the guide, and even though it was sunny and 82, he managed to find shade for us to stand.
Take my report with a grain of salt as I was stumbling along with a blister on my baby toe by the end.
We gave up the last half hour and made our way to the Parade Viewing area to rest. Those arriving later had to stand behind those sitting on the curb, as those curb seats were taken quickly.
I also booked the Plaza Inn meal for the evening parade with the same viewing location. The food was excellent and I preferred seeing the parade at night.
Thank you for this review! Interesting that they have moved the parade viewing to the better (IMHO) main street location from where I read it was last year.

I also have the Plaza Inn dining package booked so I will likely cancel the tour. I think I would also prefer the parade at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter