Holiday time trip report - holiday food, shows, and rides!

katyringo

DIS Veteran
Whew! Sitting at the airport now after 5 amazing days at Disneyland. Celebrating my 30th birthday with hubby. No kiddos this time. We did so much! Everything we wanted to! There is no way I can write about the whole thing so I will hit the big points.

We arrived Friday about 2pm and hit the parks. There were still plenty of fastpasses to be had. We spent time in DTD and we did the void Ralph breaks the internet which was so cool. If it weren’t for the $70 combines price tag we would have done it again. We rode auntend mansion holiday (awesome) and small world holiday(also awesome) We rode incredicoaster before heading back. We also bought the sip and savor pass to use throughout the trip. WE LOVED festival holiday food. We tried soo many. All were very good. Pork belly was our favorite. We had dinner at goofys kitchen where my hubby surprised me with a cake and the staff sang. The cake was very good and moist with a berry filling.

Saturday we used our magic morning. It was a 7am opening and we arrived to security at 5:50am and were 3rd in line. We used magic morning to hit Alice, teacups, Matterhorn, dumbo, buzz, and star tours all on stand by 10min or less. We started using maxpass right away to hit DCA rides. On Saturday we really focused on rides and by the end of the night we had rode about 18 rides in the day. Maxpass is worth its weight in gold! We had BB fantasmic and it was perfect. The pork loin was the best food I may have ever had. We watched the fireworks and projections from Rivers of America.

Sunday we slowed our pace a bit. We focused on characters and shows. We stayed in Disneyland this day. It was the best decision ever. We marched with the band from the castle to the front of the park which was amazing. Got pictures with Jak and sally. I encourage anyone to have a day in your trip just for shows and characters . Really enjoyed marry Poppins and Bert and Mickey and the magical map. We ate at red rose tavern- which unfortuantly was a bit of a bust. We used Mobil ordering but they got the order wrong anyway. Still love the decorations in there. That was our only poor food expirence. We used Mobil ordering a ton. We had dinner at carnation cafe. Wow those pickles were great. We watched the castle lighting and small world lighting and the little show it does. We watched fireworks from the castle. We got fantasmic fastpasses for 2nd showing and the crowds really thined out and we had great seats and watched it again. We then went to Peter Pan and waited about 30mins even at 11pm.

Monday were did the same thing, shows, but focused on DCA. We also had breakfast at donalds seas side- mostly to see stitch. Character interactions were wonderful!!! If you are celebrating a birthday deff wear a birthday button! So many magical things happened because I was wearing that button. We saw the Viva navidad show- which is really fun! We went and drew daisy at the animation academy. We had dinner at lamplight lounge which was very good. The fizzy drink is so fun. We rode incredicoaster and cars and night which is basically a whole different ride at night! We ended the night with a kitchen sink sundae from clarabells.

Tuesday- our last day. We did story book canals. We waited about 40mins because I really wanted to do it. Crowds Monday/Tuesday were worse than sat/sun. We ran into beast and Gaston. Omg Gaston. He is fun. We rode guardians 2 more times. Finished using the rest of our sip and savor pass. We checked out beast’s library in the animation building. Rode space again. And then did some serious shopping after having looked at everythjng the whole week. Got a pandor necklace and a Mickey bag from loungefly- it’s cute with different pictures of Mickey on it. Also got an alien pop corn bucket after debating it the whole time.

We stayed at the Anaheim hotel. The staff was great and they left a treat and note in the room once learning it was my birthday. I wish I could say the hotel itself was amazing, but it was so so. We didn’t care too much since we stayed in the park most of the time, but we both agree when we come back with kiddos we really preferred the hojo. The Anaheim hotel just run down. The water temp was wierd, the A/c unit was dirty, we had a huge ant crawling across the floor. We were told all the rooms have been updated- but if our room was updated then I think they need to review what updated means.

We only had one run in with a rude CM and I think she was irritated with another guest in a scooter and we just got the blunt of it- CM’s are human too. It was on guardians.

We watched the holiday parade like 3 times. I really debated the dinning package for this and so glad we did not get it. We had no problems seeing the parade. We walked right into Disneyland at 3:25 and found a spot for the 3:30 parade.

Our ADR’s were:
Goofys
Blue bayou
Carnation cafe
Donald’s seaside.
Lamplight

We enjoyed them all

We also ate at:
Jolly holiday
Galactic grill
Festival holidays
Red rose
Rancho del zocalo
Award weiners
Clarabelles
Churros
Dole whip
Maurice’s treats
Cozy cone
Angry dogs
Adorable snowman
Jak Jak
And a Carmel Apple

All our food was good except the breakfast at red rose. The grey stuff, however, was delicious.

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a fabulous trip! I've been going back and forth on the sip and savor pass...did you think it was worth the price you paid?

Thanks for reporting back! Glad you had a wonderful trip.

How was it without the kids? Dh and I are doing this next year. We can’t travel with them until we get their service dog.

Thanks for reporting back! Glad you had a wonderful trip.

How was it without the kids? Dh and I are doing this next year. We can’t travel with them until we get their service dog.

It was great! We deff had a few times where we were like “man I wish kiddo could see this” but overall it was so so nice and fun to expirence the parks without Stiller’s and all that and really get to expirence things without that added level of parenting. However we now know we have to come back with the kids. Planning on October 2020.

Sounds like you had a great time - thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed trip report!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It really sounded like you had a lovely time. :)

What a wonderful trip, great memories, and a magical birthday celebration! :) (Kudos to your DH for getting you a surprise cake!)

We were also at Anaheim Hotel the same week for my birthday. Have to agree on the hotel. The cleanliness wasn't there for us- ok but not great.

Also agree Monday was really crowded. You got lucky and just missed the rain on Thursday- lighter crowds at least!

What was the birthday treat? Just curious. I didn't tell the hotel it was my birthday and only wore the pin on my birthday. I may have to rethink that.

We were also at Anaheim Hotel the same week for my birthday. Have to agree on the hotel. The cleanliness wasn't there for us- ok but not great.

Also agree Monday was really crowded. You got lucky and just missed the rain on Thursday- lighter crowds at least!

What was the birthday treat? Just curious. I didn't tell the hotel it was my birthday and only wore the pin on my birthday. I may have to rethink that.

It was a note and some cookies. I had mentioned it to them in an email a few weeeka before our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter