• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday Travel - which is best

Which will be less crowded

• Dec 23-27

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Dec 31-Jan 4

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

buzz1fan

DIS Veteran
We are looking at 2 options for Disney around Christmas.
Either Dec 23- Dec 27
Or
Dec 31-Jan 4.
We will stay onsite( hoping to swim too)

Which segment do you think will be least crowded?

In the middle of these we will be at Disney but not staying onsite for a soccer tournament. We will add some park time in middle around games.
Those days I’m not planning any part time at this point but will do small trips out.

Normally we go in June so it is not as crowded then but much hotter.

Just looking for some suggestions in which time do you think will be least crowded. I’d prefer not to go at all at holidays but since we are there, I want to make best of it.

We are family of 4, 2 boys 11 and 14.

It's Disney...at Christmas time...it's going to be very crowded both of those weeks. Just pick the one you want. Technically I'd say the 23-27 is busier, but it probably won't matter much. We're many, many time June/July veterans, just got back in fact. We've done Xmas twice and it's extremely busy. Haven't done first few days of Jan, but I hear it's pretty much the same. It's a wonderful time, we love it. But if you're worried about how crowded it may be, neither will be good option. So I won't put a vote in, because my answer is "neither", or "both" if you're OK with a huge crowd.

I think Dec 31-Jan 4 will be less busy, except for the 31st. You will miss the CP though if that is important to you.

Coming from experience, those few days after New Years have worked well for me regarding lower crowds. I always love going after New Years because of that. I highly recommend Dec 31 - Jan 4.

Crowd-wise, I don't think one week will be much different from the other. But...if given the opportunity to be in WDW for Christmas, ....YES!!

We went to Disney World last year Dec 18-27 and the parks were definitely busier Christmas and after when I looked on Touring plans it showed busier also. I just booked again 12/20-12/26 enjoy your vacation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter