Hollywood and Vine....any better lately?

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to H&V lately....hows the food quality? The Dis guys regularly kill it. How bad can it be? Want to get a Fantasmic Pkg...and Mama Melrose is our usual...looking for a change and we're burning 2TS for CG so don't wanna burn 2 on Brown Derby(next time!) TIA!!

Idk, I think some people just want to hate certain restaurants/rides/attractions.

I honestly do not think there is much difference between Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, and H&V. It's a standard character buffet with pretty standard food offerings.

I did the Halloween version this past September and I thought it was good. I wasn't about to burn credits on HBD and nobody really wanted Mama Melrose at all, so this ended up being our choice for the Fantasmic package. (Which ended up being a rainout and we didn't go on another night.)

Give it a try. It isn't deserving of the hate it gets at all.

IMHO the price is more for meeting characters than for the food. The food is not horrible but about the same quality as your local average buffet.

While I don't like it much I tell everyone the same thing. Read these reviews but you really have to go once to make up your mind. Many people do not like Chef Mickeys but I put it on the same level as a Golden Corral and if you have issues with the food the earlier for each meal the better. On early breakfast and dinner ADR's I have noticed an improvement in food.

We've done the holiday and the summertime dine and we were happy with both. We've never done the breakfast.

We did breakfast in December and we thought the food was good. It's a good selection of hot and fresh food. Not gourmet, but certainly not as terrible as it is often made out to be.

Idk, I think some people just want to hate certain restaurants/rides/attractions.

I honestly do not think there is much difference between Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, and H&V. It's a standard character buffet with pretty standard food offerings.

I did the Halloween version this past September and I thought it was good. I wasn't about to burn credits on HBD and nobody really wanted Mama Melrose at all, so this ended up being our choice for the Fantasmic package. (Which ended up being a rainout and we didn't go on another night.)

Give it a try. It isn't deserving of the hate it gets at all.
I agree. Going there end of Sept...so I guess itll be the Halloween theme. The characters are nice but I do like a good meal...and when people nick name it Hollywood and Slime....makes ya wanna reach out for opinions! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter