HollyWood And Vine Breakfast

wenpop

DIS Veteran
Has is the Hollywood and Vine for Breakfast... We will be at MGM already for EE and I was thinking about a late breakfast about 9:30... My dh may want to skip it with my oldest to continue riding TOT and ROckin ROller coaster.. But I love Character breakfasts and my other kids will too.. so is it worth stopping by for breakfast>?? Thanks!!

You'll find some mixed reviews on this one. My wife and I personally did not care for it. The food was lukewarm at best, and wasn't that good, in our opinion. I found the restaurant to be a little louder than most similar setups also. On the plus side, however, we found the character interaction to be quite good there. Chip and Dale had us in stitches with their antics.

--Jim

We had the opposite problem with breakfast there. The food was good but it took 45 minutes for the first character to arrive at our table, then it was one after another, probably seeing them all in a 2 1/2 minute span after all that time.

We probably sat at a table they had just visited before we were seated. But, try explaining that to a 4 yr old girl just waiting and waiting to see Minnie Mouse. She was not happy nor was I. It was jammed when we were there at 9:15.

I wouldn't do breakfast there again but would do lunch. We've done that before and it's much more relaxing and MUCH less hectic. Characters spend more time and are more spaced out and Minnie greets dinners at the door (so dd could go over and say hi to her a few times:)) Food was also good at lunch.

WE love the character interaction. The food is.......

DISGUSTING.

Well, is the food at least as good as McDonalds?? We are simple folks, We would never eat at Victoria and ALberts or Spoodles or FLying FIsh or California Grill the list goes on, we are more the type who eats for the middle class so does it compare with foods like Shoneys or Golden COrral. Well you know what I mean...

Originally posted by wenpop
Well, is the food at least as good as McDonalds?? We are simple folks, We would never eat at Victoria and ALberts or Spoodles or FLying FIsh or California Grill the list goes on, we are more the type who eats for the middle class so does it compare with foods like Shoneys or Golden COrral. Well you know what I mean...

In a word, I'd rather have Mickey D's and I'm not a Mickey D's fan. The food was cold and bland and not enough. I hate when butter won't melt on French Toast. The bacon and ham was cold.

I'd have to agree that the food was not that great - but the character interaction was great! And I was there with my Mom - 2 adult women.

The characters came by and gave kisses and hugs and took pictures and it was fun. I found as an adult, they give you more laughs if you think of something to say. Easy at H&V as they're all dressed up in Hollywood garb. We told Minnie she was so glamorous and looked like a Hollywood Starlett and her reaction was really cute, twirling like a model and fluffing her nonexistent hairdo. I told Goofy he was a sharp-dressed Dog and his reaction was pretty funny too.

We had a blast at the breakfast playing with the characters but if you want good food for breakfast, go to Boma.

We didn't eat there for breakfast, but we did have lunch there and thought that the buffet was very good. When we first walked in Minnie Mouse and Goofy were doing the jitter bug and the kids were going nuts! It was great. Thoughout our meal many characters came by and sat with us and paid lots of attention to kids and adults, I thought that they did a nice job with the meal and character interaction. :)

WHere is the Hollywood and Vine Located, I can't find it on the MGM map... thanks for any help.. :)

I believe it connects with 50's Prime Time restaurant, which is on Hollywood Blvd. I think.

Our favorite time to eat there is right between breakfast and lunch - they have both sides of the buffet going so you get the best of both worlds - and we never had a lack of characters in fact every time we are there we see the characters 2 to 3 times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter