• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hollywood and Vine- not impressed

safetymom

dis veteran
My daughter had eaten here before so she wanted to go here for her birthday. We were seated quickly so that was nice.

The food selection was ok. Many of the bowls needed replaced but there was nobody taking care of this.

Our waitress had a nasty attitude and did not visit the table much.

At least I can say I eat here but I won't be returning. I also didn't think it had much atmosphere for a Disney restaurant.

Safetymom, I can honestly say this is the only place in WDW that I ate at once and vowed never to return! It was just not worth the money. Now we skip the dinner pkg. and just head into the Hollywood Bowl and eat hot dogs and pretzels. Thought it was just me, guess not!

We were the same way, too loud, too crowded and the food was just blah a couple of weeks ago.

Kim

Same thing - It actually took us over 45 mins to get seated with ADRs as they had some glitch. Food wasn't very good, spotty service, stuff not replenished and very noisy and disorganized. We've eaten at almost all WDW restaurants and will never eat here again either.

Tiger

I'll be the dissenter here.

We've eaten there twice. Both times were seated earlier than our ADR. Both times had great servers. Both time had great food that was well stocked the entire time we were there. Yes, it was noisy, but I have yet to eat at a WDW TS that wasn't. In fact I think CG was the loudest TS restaurant I've ever eaten in.

Wow!!

i am a bit suprised at some of the negative views here. we last ate there in 2004 as part of the fantasmic package and can honestly say it was a wonderful meal. we were seated promptly and the waiter was efficent with refilling our drinks and everyone left happy and full. so on our next trip i was looking foward to eating here again. 2 big eating machine teen sons so buffetts are a good choice for us. now i am not so sure. havent made ADR's yet so hopfully there will be more reviews

We enjoyed the Hollywood & Vine on our last visit though it was 3 years ago.

Sorry you had a bad time

My daughter had eaten their before so she was looking forward to eating there again. It won't be a Disney buffet that I will be going back to. The waitress was rude when my daughter asked if she could have a glass of milk. They did make a fuss over my daughter since it was her birthday by giving her a cupcake and had everyone shout Happy Birthday.

I guess I have been spoiled by other Disney buffets but this one wasn't very good. We were seated quickly so that was good.

We ate there as part of the Fantasmic dinner package for our first trip in July 2005. We loved it! The theming, while not Disney, was wondeful in our opinion. My DD & I especially loved a chocolate dragon they had displayed right when you walked in. Also, it was some of the best service. It was one of our favorites for that trip.

Fast forward to this past July. Once again we booked the Fantasmic dinner package at H&V. The CM at check in was a bit rude - of course the line to check in was about a mile long so he may have just been overwhelmed. Service was so-so. But the food definately went down hill. The selection wasn't nearly what it was the year before and things didn't seem as flavorful as we remembered. My BF & I chalked it up to having been spoiled on this trip with Boma. After reading some of these reviews I'm guessing that it wasn't just us. Seems like maybe it has declined over the last year. Regardless, we've already decided NOT to go back on future trips.

We ate here in 2004 with the Fantasmic Package. When we left DH said of we EVER come back to WDW, we will NOT be eating at H&V....EVER!

Needless to say, it is not on our ADR list for our Thanksgiving trip.

I guess I prepared myself for the worst when we ate here on our arrival night with the FDP on 9/8. I didn't find the food to be disappointing at all. It was hot and fresh, and I especially enjoyed the chicken. I definetly wouldn't choose this over Boma or many other places in WDW, but it certainly served its purposes with the FDP. I'm not a big fan of Italian food, so MM would have been a bad choice, and didn't want to use 2 credits for BD. If you are looking for a great meal, choose Boma, Le Cellier, CR, etc. If you need a FDP place, this will surely fit the bill. Anyone else eat here this month? I'm wondering if maybe my standards are just low, LOL....

We ate at H&V in March 2005 and we did not like it.....we did however have a great server ....the food was never filled and there wasn't a great selection....we ate there with the fantasmic dinner package and will not be returning again.....:confused3 :sad:

I have to say I am amazed. We dined here on Sept 14th and had a most excellent and attentive server. The buffet items were basically the same as the ones served at Chef Mickey's the night before but we found the H&V versions far superior. All of the food was moving quickly, the restaurant was busy and there were always fresh dishes being brought forth. I had been apprehensive about this one after reading some other trip reports but all in all I was very pleased. :confused3

I guess its true that alot depends on your server and the type of day everyone at the restaurant is having.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter