Hollywood studios after hours?

asmit4

DIS Veteran
We have 1 day for HS...with all costs being equal---should we book the after hours event available that week or go during the day? (It's February break if that matters)

The After Hours event would be great for going on the attractions that are available.

However, Hollywood also has lots of shows that won't be included in this. Not all the attractions in the park may be available.

With a party, you can enter the park at 7 p.m., so you get almost 6 hours of park time. However, is your idea of fun riding Slinky five times in a row?

My 2 cents is that the parties are something special to add to a trip or a great thing to do if you are doing a short trip. It may be the only park activity you do.

If doing a regular park visit, I think you will get more value out of the experience of a full day.

Thanks for your thoughts! We are staying at Reunion and doing some non Disney things and wanted to throw in a couple Disney days. I have a lot to think about.

If you are looking to ride your favorite attractions multiple times, then DAH is the way to go, assuming it will operate as it did pre-COVID. I did an DAH at HS back in 2019 and it was absolutely fantastic.

If you are looking to do everything at the park including shows and re-riding attractions is not a huge priority, getting a regular ticket is just fine.

If you are looking to ride your favorite attractions multiple times, then DAH is the way to go, assuming it will operate as it did pre-COVID. I did an DAH at HS back in 2019 and it was absolutely fantastic.

If you are looking to do everything at the park including shows and re-riding attractions is not a huge priority, getting a regular ticket is just fine.
I would echo this. The only thing I would do differently is not plan an ADR that would interfere with my precious riding time, BUT that was impacted by the timing of our schedule that day more than anything else. We were coming in hot from West Palm Beach because our meetings down there lasted longer than we anticipated so we arrived much later than we wanted to.

I would do it again though for sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Towet of Terror and Rocknroller coaster are NOT open during after hours right?

For us that's a deal breaker...those are 2 of our favorite rides, so just something to keep in mind if you're interested in those rides.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Towet of Terror and Rocknroller coaster are NOT open during after hours right?

For us that's a deal breaker...those are 2 of our favorite rides, so just something to keep in mind if you're interested in those rides.
The official Disney page doesn't guarantee them; it just mentions Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story rides and then concludes "... and many more!" But they used to be included in 2019. This TouringPlans page says they are included... but maybe that's because the page existed in 2019 and they just updated the dates? I'm hoping to goodness they are, because I'm planning to combine AH with a single park-hopping day, so that AH amounts to "an extra half-day ticket" to not have to worry about HS the next day.

Also, note on this thread: You can enter the park at 7pm, so you can ride anything in the park along with regular guests before close time.

Does anyone know how Fantasmic would work for the After Hours Event? We're going to the 1/4 event and we can enter the park at 7pm. If we want to see Fantasmic, do we just go right to the seating area and try to get a seat? Any priority for those of us with special event tickets for the Fantasmic show?

Does anyone know how Fantasmic would work for the After Hours Event? We're going to the 1/4 event and we can enter the park at 7pm. If we want to see Fantasmic, do we just go right to the seating area and try to get a seat? Any priority for those of us with special event tickets for the Fantasmic show?
No special seating - I think just head straight over and hope to get a seat.

They were definitely open in 2019 during the AH event I went to, but like PP said you could try to knock them out when you enter the park assuming you're coming in at 7.

I'll be at the first DHS after hours in January. The park closes at 9:00, AH starts at 9:30. I'll be there at 7:00 of course, but my question is can people with AH tickets get in lines for rides between 9:00 - 9:30? I know people with normal park tickets cannot. I assume yes.

I'll be at the first DHS after hours in January. The park closes at 9:00, AH starts at 9:30. I'll be there at 7:00 of course, but my question is can people with AH tickets get in lines for rides between 9:00 - 9:30? I know people with normal park tickets cannot. I assume yes.
I assume so as well; the part that surprises me in your assessment is "AH starts at 9:30." If we're admitted in at 7, and park closes at 9, then what happens at 9:30? I guess the free food and other perks?

Website says 9:30. I was at one at MK in 2019...can't remember what was up with that half hour period in between...or if there was one.

From my previous AH experience at MK. The downtime I believe is designed to cut of day guests getting in line. It is telling AH guests there is a transition that may still have day guests in line. I also remember this downtime because they would not give you snacks until it officially started. So we were stuck either paying or waiting for drinks.

I would think so. We went to. the first MNSSHP this yr...park closed to guests at 6, party started at 7. but we were allowed to ride between 6-7.

Does anyone know if the Skyliner will be running to the resorts at the end of the After Hours event?

Does anyone know if the Skyliner will be running to the resorts at the end of the After Hours event?
There will be transportation back to all WDW resorts. Whether the Skyliner will be running or they'll use buses, I can't say.

There will be transportation back to all WDW resorts. Whether the Skyliner will be running or they'll use buses, I can't say.
Oh yes - I knew we wouldn't be stranded. Have done after hours events at MK and AK and was hoping for a late-night skyline ride. :-) Thanks!

Oh yes - I knew we wouldn't be stranded. Have done after hours events at MK and AK and was hoping for a late-night skyline ride. :-) Thanks!
My guess is that since the Skyliner can move so many more guests more quickly than buses can, they might keep running it. But using buses means they can have one bus taking guests to several different resorts (e.g. one bus to all of the Skyliner resorts), so buses might be more efficient in their eyes.

Please let us know afterwards whether they're running or not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter