Hollywood Studios Dinner

ms.daisy

Earning My Ears
I’m trying to pick a restaurant for dinner the day we are in HS. I’ve been debating Hollywood Brown Derby or an early dinner reservation at Topolino’s Terrace so we can make it back in time for Fantasmic.

The only other sit down we’ve down in HS is Sci-fi so wanted to maybe try something different.

We did Topolino's back in 2021 and it was delicious. We're definitely going again on our next trip this October. Haven't been to HBD, but honestly the HS restaurants are kinda meh, and we pretty much avoid all of them. Save for woody's lunch box, but that's a quick service/snack type of deal.

As much as we like the Brown Derby, but its not close to Topolinos. But we always time it so we can watch the show at EPCOT. Not sure how early you would need to eat to get back for Fantasmic. We usually spend close to 2 hours at Topolinos.

I'd do topolino's on a non theme park day, so that you can fully enjoy it and not feel rushed.

For HS, the only sit down restaurants I like are Mama Melrose and Brown Derby (I haven't been to the new toy story bbq place). I think it would depend on the mood and what else we are planning on eating to decide which of those two.

Our two favorites at DHS are Sci-Fi and Mama Melrose. If I was staying for F! I wouldn't want to leave and come back. It always takes longer than you think it's going to, and you'd have to give yourself at least 3 hours.
Good point, thank you!!

Brown Derby, followed by Mama Melrose, Sci-Fi and 50's Prime time. Travel to topolinos will take up so much of your time, and you have to decide if the menu is worth the travel time and expense. Have fun!!

Another vote to stay in the park and go to HBD or MM.
We had an incredible meal at MM before (veal saltimbocca which unfortunately isn’t on the menu anymore) so that would be my vote.

For theming rather than food, 50s Prime Time Cafe is a great experience. For great food and a more refined atmosphere, we like the Hollywood Brown Derby.

Thank you, everyone! I definitely think I will pick an in park restaurant and save Topolino’s for a different day!
Good choice. Personally I enjoy the DHS TS restaurants.

And from personal experience - park to Skyliner restaurant back to park is high risk. Luckily we had a car and barely made it to our ADR when they shut SkyLiner.

Another vote for 50s Prime Time. I always used to go to BD or Sci-Fi but have now decided my favorite is 50s Prime Time. They have some really good fried chicken, it's what I would call finger licken good. LOL

As others have said, Topolino's if very good but I would save it for another day when you won't be rushed.

Whatever you decide I hope you enjoy your meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter