• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hollywood Studios Expansion

HS desperately needs some more rides/attractions so I'm excited to read about some of the possibilities.

Great article, thanks for sharing! ;)

All sounds good to me! Can't believe they would really get rid of the sorcerer hat though. Surely they could find a way to reimagine it into something new!

Sounds like some great changes may be coming. That park really needs a make over.

Hm, I may actually enjoy DHS if these come to pass. While Carsland and "StarWarsLand" aren't really my forte, the idea about bringing the main street back to its roots sure sounds great.

And getting rid of the hat.

Heck, they could just get rid of the hat and can the rest and I'll be happy.

No, I don't like the hat.*

*At least, where it is located and what purpose it currently serves.

It's a shame that they can't come up with something original. :worried:

I'd be much more interested in an entire Pixar land than a clone of Cars land. :( Was hoping for something different. If they are going to retheme the current Pizza Planet, they could put in a new restaurant or two based on the Pixar movies and include a Pixar Character meal, put in the Monster's Inc coaster, move the laugh floor over to DHS, put in an UP or Incredibles motion ride, retheme the HISTK play area to Bug's Life, and still add the racers or something from Carsland, without the whole land.

Oh well, I guess they know what they are doing. I'm sure people will like ANYTHING new at DHS.

Hm, I may actually enjoy DHS if these come to pass. While Carsland and "StarWarsLand" aren't really my forte, the idea about bringing the main street back to its roots sure sounds great.

And getting rid of the hat.

Heck, they could just get rid of the hat and can the rest and I'll be happy.

No, I don't like the hat.*

*At least, where it is located and what purpose it currently serves.

is it safe to assume you don't like the hat? :banana:

This all sounded very exciting and like something to look forward to......until I read the part about changes to ToT. Just the thought of them altering any part of my beloved ToT makes my stomach churn. I'm going to choose to hope for a wonderful surprise but it's going to be nerve-wracking until I see the finished product with my own two eyes. :scared:

I'm on for everything EXCEPT Tangled The Musical. The songs weren't memorable and I don't think it deserves a show, especially replacing a classic movie like Beauty and the Beast.

It's a shame that they can't come up with something original. :worried:

I'd be much more interested in an entire Pixar land than a clone of Cars land. :( Was hoping for something different. If they are going to retheme the current Pizza Planet, they could put in a new restaurant or two based on the Pixar movies and include a Pixar Character meal, put in the Monster's Inc coaster, move the laugh floor over to DHS, put in an UP or Incredibles motion ride, retheme the HISTK play area to Bug's Life, and still add the racers or something from Carsland, without the whole land.

Oh well, I guess they know what they are doing. I'm sure people will like ANYTHING new at DHS.

I totally agree on this. I would also have planned an entire Pixar land (basically, expand Pixar Place). After all, they already have the gate and a Pixar Parade. Plus, The Monster's Inc coaster have been a rumor for so long...

A new Muppet area would be awesome... but that's because I'm a Muppet fan. Even if they are popular again, I don't know if they would put a lot of money on that for their popularity could go down anytime. Still, the same could be said about Cars...

CapnJacksGirl said:
This all sounded very exciting and like something to look forward to......until I read the part about changes to ToT. Just the thought of them altering any part of my beloved ToT makes my stomach churn. I'm going to choose to hope for a wonderful surprise but it's going to be nerve-wracking until I see the finished product with my own two eyes. :scared:

I agree and I will add RnR to that. I love both of those so I hope they don't change them! Everything else sounds great!

Overall, this sounds great!

Hollywood Studios was my favorite park as a kid for its portrayal of old Hollywood, but it has been very stale for a long time!

Getting rid of that hat is an excellent start! Although I am sad the Chinese Theater facade will be going, I live 15 minutes from the original.

The new Star Wars themed areas sound amazing- I have long been a Star Wars fan and Disney has done very well with the recent Star Tours update and Star Wars Weekends that I know these will be properly done.

Beauty and the Beast has been my favorite movie for as long as I can remember, so if I have stopped going to the stage show by ToT, it is probably best to go!

A repeat of Carsland would be disappointing, especially when there is so much they can do that is Pixar related. Plus, the area's E-Ticket RSR, is very similar to Test Track IMO.

Hopefully they give most everything a fresh coat of paint, the old Hollywood areas especially seem so faded to me, when they should be vibrant and alive.

Hollywood studios could definitely use a makeover. I remember going there when I was little. The Main Street area had a lot more actors roaming around, a fake cop once wrote my aunt up for walking under the influence of humor. I also remember the back-lot tour used to be longer. It would be great if they could bring life back into these areas. I am not crazy about another all cars themed land, however a larger Pixar section would be great. Now that Disney owns Marvel it would be pretty cool to have some rides, meet and greets, or perhaps even a stunt show based on The Avengers.

I would love to see them put in Crush's Coaster from Disneyland Paris. It would add a moderately thrilling, fun ride to the mix and could help siphon crowds from TSM.

When we visited Paris this spring, it was our favorite ride!

I feel like I just read something from Jim Hill.

I'll believe it when I see it.

If even a fraction of what's rumored in that article turns out to be true, I will be THRILLED!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter