Hollywood Tour Question

Bethany Brown

Wishes 91
I'm doing the California Adventure with Adventures by Disney in June. The day we arrive is the first event, which is a welcome dinner with our guide. We land in LAX at around 10:45 and want to do a tour to kill some time. Does anyone know of good tours to take that show where movies/tv shows have been created?

Where are you staying, do you have a car, where is the welcome meet location???

LAX is about 1 hour, depending on traffic from Hollywood Walk of Fame / Chinese Theatre, where many of the tours start / end.

Starline is the tour company which does a tour of stars homes. It is a small open air/. bus jeep type vehicle, about 20 people I think. I have never done that tour, just seen the vehicles around.

Where are you staying, do you have a car, where is the welcome meet location???

LAX is about 1 hour, depending on traffic from Hollywood Walk of Fame / Chinese Theatre, where many of the tours start / end.

Starline is the tour company which does a tour of stars homes. It is a small open air/. bus jeep type vehicle, about 20 people I think. I have never done that tour, just seen the vehicles around.

We're staying at a hotel right behind what used to be the Kodak, so we will be in the heart of LA. I've done a tour with the Stars homes once before, so I think we would be leaning towards a tour of places where movies and shows have been filmed.

We're staying at a hotel right behind what used to be the Kodak, so we will be in the heart of LA. I've done a tour with the Stars homes once before, so I think we would be leaning towards a tour of places where movies and shows have been filmed.

Right if you land at LAX at 10.45am, I would estimate you would be heading out around 1pm for a tour, after getting to your hotel, checking in and refreshing after your journey.

The main tour of where movies and shows have been filmed is actually the backlot tour at Universal Studios Hollywood, for which you need a park entrance ticket for. That tour shows you places like Wisteria Lane etc.

The other tour is http://www.wbstudiotour.com/ Warner Brothers Studio Tour which is in Burbank.

Right near your hotel is the Graumann's Chinese Theater, and there are some Hollywood tours that leave from there, including a couple for the stars. I'd recommend going to your hotel. The ABD guides might be there already to take care of your luggage, and head to Graumman's Chinese Theater. About a block away is another tour that will take you to the Hollywood sign (if they're still doing that one). ABD will take you on a nice tour through Hollywood when you visit Jim Henson Studios, so skip the Hollywood tour.

@JWren1234, Do you have suggestions?

Starline has a movie location tour. They also have large charter buses, so not sure what you'll get. Some of their specialized tours are only once per day at most, so check the time for that one and make sure it's not a morning tour. There are also several smaller tour companies that offer specialized tours, and would probably do a private tour if you contact them. Try Touriffic, Dearly Departed and Glitterati.

There's one called "Hollywood Movie Location Tour". I live near a "famous" location and see them
driving by all the time. Don't have any personal experience with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter