Home for the Holidays-Wizards-Grinches and Sparkles. 14 nights @Royal Pacific Resort, Nov/Dec 2021

You are very lucky on the west coast!!! We get cold winters here in northern Alberta...but not as cold as Saskatchewan or Winterpeg lol!!!! I will call home lots of times, and they are colder than us here. Plus I'm also close to the rockies, so we get chinook weather like Calgary, just not as warm.

I'm glad you have that sorted. The test going out is easy to find here, I think I've got a few places found in the Orlando/Miami areas where we will be to get out test coming home.

It's great you booked some of your dining. And let's cross our fingers that this reservation stuff is short lived for Universal. That's why so many people like universal, that you can just do as you want...and not worry about reservations and what not.

Only 14 more day!!!! It's coming fast now!!!!

It was a little bit of a minefield as to whether the tests were suitable/the right ones as there are so many options, some had different names Lateral flow/Antigen.

So, many folks were confused as to exactly what was the right ones and were they going to be accepted.......it is quite simple, but the wording and some information was confusing to say the least at first. Then if you had under 18`s there was a whole new worry.......they could simplify it more I`m sure.

We also only need to test after we come home which was easy to organise. But, happy now.......however there are still folks trying to plough through what can be a minefield.

Yes, hope dining will go back to being nothing like Disney for reservations......yep, it`s moving along now!

lol...it`s crazy isn`t it!

I cannot imagine that type of planning, even the thought of reserving a couple of weeks ahead makes me twitch......so I won`t run with it.....if we end up eating offsite more, that`s ok with us......

My husband & I are the same way - shoot, I don't even know what I want for dinner lots of times until after the current day's lunch, LOL!

One of the things we LOVED about Universal was not having to lock in eating arrangements - sooooo hoping this is only a temporary "phase". Fortunately since it's just he two of us we know we'll find food somewhere :).

My husband & I are the same way - shoot, I don't even know what I want for dinner lots of times until after the current day's lunch, LOL!

One of the things we LOVED about Universal was not having to lock in eating arrangements - sooooo hoping this is only a temporary "phase". Fortunately since it's just he two of us we know we'll find food somewhere :).

Same with how Disneyland on the west coast always was (until post-Covid). I hated all the planning for WDW (and pretty much won't do it).

Hey Carole!
I don't know what's up with my 'watched threads'. I recently missed an update on Robo's TR, and now I missed an update on your TR.

Glad everything seems sorted for your trip, and you just need for the days to move quickly!!

I'm sorry I'll miss you and Tom....wish I could stay at Universal. I'm hosting Thanksgiving again....would rather be at the parks, lol!!!

That`s us!! Have no clue usually what`s for dinner the next day....we just aren`t planners. We`ll get food somewhere I`m sure.

It`s a change of mindset for sure and one I don`t think will be around forever, it`ll get back to normal at some point.

Hey Carole!
I don't know what's up with my 'watched threads'. I recently missed an update on Robo's TR, and now I missed an update on your TR.

Glad everything seems sorted for your trip, and you just need for the days to move quickly!!

I'm sorry I'll miss you and Tom....wish I could stay at Universal. I'm hosting Thanksgiving again....would rather be at the parks, lol!!!

Wondered where you were.....lol......

Yes, where`s that fast forward button! Oh yes, we wish you were still there too, but there`s always next year and you`ll have a lovely trip with your DH. It`s almost time for you now ::yes::

So glad to have found your new PTR, especially since your trip is so soon! So excited for you!

We fly Virgin Atlantic on November 24th and stay till December 8th.

Wow, so close!! I will be living vicariously and also can't wait to hear your impressions of Florida at this time since I'm going in December (sadly not to Orlando but South FL) but as a Brit...I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

I`ll run through most things booked in the next posts, including rental car issues, overnight hotel issues and having to actually make reservations....something alien to us!!!!

Yeah car rentals and such are insane these days..hopefully that gets back to normal before too long.

We loved the Mothers Day Brunch in 2019 in Sapphire, so if it`s half as good as that one, I`m sure we`ll love it, the menu looks lovely and both menu`s were excellent to be fair, but we are so looking forward to enjoying our first Thanksgiving Dinner in the USA.

This sounds amazing. I love the way Americans get sooo into Thanksgiving!

So glad to have found your new PTR, especially since your trip is so soon! So excited for you!

Wow, so close!! I will be living vicariously and also can't wait to hear your impressions of Florida at this time since I'm going in December (sadly not to Orlando but South FL) but as a Brit...I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Yeah car rentals and such are insane these days..hopefully that gets back to normal before too long.

This sounds amazing. I love the way Americans get sooo into Thanksgiving!

:welcome: along Kathy.......glad you found this one.......

And happy to hear you have your trip sorted for December.....you`ll have a lovely time, it`s still Florida and weather will be lovely......I insist on it for you......

Yes, we enjoy celebrating our own little Thanksgiving, and we were supposed to be there last Thanksgiving, but obviously that didn`t happen. So we are excited to celebrate it properly in person this year......I still have my "Honorary American" tee to wear.......might wear it that day. Looking forward to it.

Good to see you though.......:flower3:

Hi, for some reason I have only just stumbled across this thread, but I have enjoyed speed reading it with my morning coffee. It’s funny and reassuring reading about someone else facing the same decisions we are… which airport hotel, which parking option, which tests to use (with the added complication of Wales doing its own thing). Do you have an AP @shumigirl? Did UOR extend it due to the pandemic? We fly 13 December, so following along closely now. Thank you for taking the time to do this and sharing so much helpful information.

Last edited:
Hi, for some reason in only just stumbled across this thread, but I have enjoyed speed reading it with my morning coffee. It’s funny and reassuring reading about someone else facing the same decisions we are… which airport hotel, which parking option, which tests to use (with the added complication of Wales doing its own thing). Do you have an AP @shumigirl? Did UOR extend it due to the pandemic? We fly 13 December, so following along closely now. Thank you for taking the time to do this and sharing so much helpful information.

:welcome: along Welsh_Dragon......glad you found us!!

Hasn`t it been a nightmare trying to work out what we all need and making sure it`s the right one!! And of course yes, Wales and Scotland having their own individual conditions is not fun either. No wonder folks are confused.

Yes, our AP was kept open for want of a better word.

December 13th.....won`t be too long till you, like us finally get back to where we want to be. Of course covid test gets to decide for us......such last minute worries when it should be a relaxing time.

Hope you enjoy reading along too......:wave2:

:welcome: along Welsh_Dragon......glad you found us!!

Hasn`t it been a nightmare trying to work out what we all need and making sure it`s the right one!! And of course yes, Wales and Scotland having their own individual conditions is not fun either. No wonder folks are confused.

Yes, our AP was kept open for want of a better word.

December 13th.....won`t be too long till you, like us finally get back to where we want to be. Of course covid test gets to decide for us......such last minute worries when it should be a relaxing time.

Hope you enjoy reading along too......:wave2:
We have decided that we are going to do a free pre LFT before the official test, just to avoid unpleasant surprises. My daughter works and lives at a boarding school and a few girls have tested positive this week. School term ends on 11th December so I will be on tenterhooks in the week leading up to travel. UOR didn’t extend our APs, but did offer 20% off new APs which seems very fair and generous. We have another trip planned for March/April. Just booked LHR terminal 5 parking this morning. Another ✔️. What’s left on your ‘to do’ list?

We have decided that we are going to do a free pre LFT before the official test, just to avoid unpleasant surprises. My daughter works and lives at a boarding school and a few girls have tested positive this week. School term ends on 11th December so I will be on tenterhooks in the week leading up to travel. UOR didn’t extend our APs, but did offer 20% off new APs which seems very fair and generous. We have another trip planned for March/April. Just booked LHR terminal 5 parking this morning. Another ✔. What’s left on your ‘to do’ list?

Parking is a good one to get sorted now! You must be flying BA if you`re T5.

Our to do list is complete, and has been for a while.......after 20 months everything was just ready to fall back into place. We`ve made a few dining reservations and that`s been the most planning we`ve done. I am however, looking at next September`s flights right now, trying to decide between September or October.....decisions!! We have May sorted already......it`s so easy to get organised, not so easy waiting to get back!!

Not sure I`m brave enough to order and do the LFT before hand.....I know we should, but don`t want to.....lol......

Will keep my fingers crossed for you all goes well. Yes 20% is not bad when you don`t expect them to do anything like that.

I`ve heard patience is a virtue.......lol.....

We want to try Confisco Grille this December. I hear there is an AP area with in the restaurant, may need to try.
I have to look at reservations for our days
I’m glad you got the antigen testing figured out, wow should be easier!
It will be fun to be at Universal for Thanksgiving!

We want to try Confisco Grille this December. I hear there is an AP area with in the restaurant, may need to try.
I didn’t even know that some restaurants have special AP menus. Is it only Confisco or are there others?

So glad you finally get to go back to the place you love so much. You and Tom are looking well and happy in your picture of your dinner out.

I'm just popping in to say I hope all is going well and that you have a WONDERFUL trip! :wave: P.S. I sneaked up on DH and stole an extra two days after our Hawaii cruise to stay at Aulani. Next up is to steal extra days for Universal next fall!

There is indeed an AP area. In 2019 upstairs was used for storage and the occasional, very occasional function, so it’s lovely it’s being utilised in such a nice way now. I think you’ll love it, we’ve never been disappointed by it.

Yes, the whole system could indeed be easier, I think it is, but making sure everything is correct has been stressful. I feel for folks that don‘t access forums for Brits as some of the info has been so confusing, but others have had the correct info……

Thanksgiving will be something to experience……..::yes::

What is the count down at now? Did you pull the suitcases out? Some of the " Florida type clothing " freshened up and ready to pack? I'm sooooo excited for you!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your travels!!!!

Thank you……..5 more sleeps till we hopefully leave for the airport hotel and overnight stay, 6 till we fly!

Suitcases are still in the attic and will remain there until we’ve had our antigen test Monday morning. I can pack in 10 minutes if I have to…….lol……..

But, yes, I have now sorted out clothes and know what we’ll be taking more or less. We’ve been this time of year 3 times, so it’s a real mix of clothes in case of differing weather…….and a woolly hat for sure……especially for coming home.

Always remember 2017 and they had to de-ice the doors to let us out and then they had to de-ice the hold door to get the luggage…..it was Baltic. So, yes, a real mix of clothes……. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter