• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Home for the Thespians

softball chick

Teacher of Math and Disney Magic
I couldn't find our old theatre threads so I figured I'd just make a new one cause I have huge news that I had to share on here.

We had our theatre picnic today where our director announces the season for next year. Our fall play is "Once in a Lifetime", which we are excited for but not important. We found out our musical next year is going to be...BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!!!!!!! Our entire theatre department is going totally crazy today cause we are all so excited for it! I'm gonna be working my butt off all summer getting ready so I can try to be Belle since she is one of my favorite princesses since I was little! :goodvibes

Anyone else know what they are doing next year for show yet?

I don't know what we are doing yet next year, but I am PRESIDENT of our drama club next year, I am so incredibly excited, and my drama director is probably one of my favorite people in the whole world!

I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!! I've always wanted to do that musical!!! The costuming, the music, the story, everything is just brilliant. Belle is one of my many dream roles! I hope all goes well :goodvibes We're doing The Sound of Music. Hmm. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing musical, but overdone. Our music director, who will be directing and possibly choreographing, is obsessed with it, though. Anyway, that will be our fall musical. Our play hasn't been announced yet, but we do know that in the spring we will do a variety show. I'm so excited :upsidedow You should keep us updated about your show! Break a leg at auditions!! :thumbsup2

I don't know what we are doing yet next year, but I am PRESIDENT of our drama club next year, I am so incredibly excited, and my drama director is probably one of my favorite people in the whole world!

Same here! Well I'm one of the two head seniors (which is the equivalent of president at my school) and I'm the current keeper of the "notebook" full of all our theatre traditions which I'm extremely excited about! :goodvibes

I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!! I've always wanted to do that musical!!! The costuming, the music, the story, everything is just brilliant. Belle is one of my many dream roles! I hope all goes well :goodvibes We're doing The Sound of Music. Hmm. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing musical, but overdone. Our music director, who will be directing and possibly choreographing, is obsessed with it, though. Anyway, that will be our fall musical. Our play hasn't been announced yet, but we do know that in the spring we will do a variety show. I'm so excited :upsidedow You should keep us updated about your show! Break a leg at auditions!! :thumbsup2

We did Sound of Music my freshman year and yes it is done a lot but it's incredibly fun to be a part of. All the music is incredible, especially all the nun harmony in Latin (although I'm a little biased since I was a nun haha). You should keep us updated with yours too! I love hearing about what other schools do for their theatre! :goodvibes

My school did Beauty and the Beast when I was in middle school. :/ But, hey, we're doing the Sound of Music too! At least, that's our directors' top choice right now.

We did Sound of Music my freshman year and yes it is done a lot but it's incredibly fun to be a part of. All the music is incredible, especially all the nun harmony in Latin (although I'm a little biased since I was a nun haha). You should keep us updated with yours too! I love hearing about what other schools do for their theatre! :goodvibes

It's my freshman year, so I'll probably be a nun :rolleyes: And I'm sure it will be fun. A few of my friends and I are planning on being "nun buddies!" :cool1:

My school did Beauty and the Beast when I was in middle school. :/ But, hey, we're doing the Sound of Music too! At least, that's our directors' top choice right now.

Yay! Matching plays! :goodvibes We'll have to compare notes sometime! :thumbsup2

My school was supposed to do the Disney version of Aladdin last year but we ended up doing Father of The Bride. I was so disappointed, I wanted to be Jasmine. This is year my school might not even have a theater program.

I know! :rotfl: So a little off topic (not by much) but does anyone have any musical soundtrack must-haves? I have a lot, but I'm always in search of more :goodvibes

My mom just got the soundtrack for The Book of Mormon tonight on amazon which I'm extremely excited about. My friend also thinks I should hear Next to Normal, and after the Tonys last night I want How to Succeed...

If you had took look up thespians before you posted
gtfo.png

:thumbsup2 Oh yeah!

My mom just got the soundtrack for The Book of Mormon tonight on amazon which I'm extremely excited about. My friend also thinks I should hear Next to Normal, and after the Tonys last night I want How to Succeed...
I have Book of Mormon and Next to Normal and they are both in my top five. They are absolutely amazing. I want How to Succeed too!!! The only problem is, I want the new one AND the Matthew Broderick one...

I just bought How To Succeed the other day after seeing it on Broadway in May and I've been listening to it 24/7! It's amazing! I love In The Heights and Little Women too, as well as all the Disney Musicals and the Classics. Our theater program is doing 42nd Street next year, so me and a bunch of friends are taking summer tap lessons. I'm so jealous that you get to do Beauty and The Beast though! My current school did it when I was in 6th grade, so there isn't much hope of us doing it my senior year, but that doesn't stop me from going down my street with a book in hand and my iPod playing Belle while I sing along...My family thinks I'm odd...lol!

:cool1::rotfl::dance3::rolleyes1

I just finished reading The Importance of Being Earnest. I loved it :goodvibes Now I'm reading Death of a Salesman. Again. :rolleyes1 I'm attending a musical theatre class, and the place it's held at has a library full of scripts. :love: They also gave us a reading list of plays, so I'm working to finish them all in four weeks (when the class ends). I started Monday. This should be interesting...:cool1:

I just finished reading The Importance of Being Earnest. I loved it :goodvibes Now I'm reading Death of a Salesman. Again. :rolleyes1 I'm attending a musical theatre class, and the place it's held at has a library full of scripts. :love: They also gave us a reading list of plays, so I'm working to finish them all in four weeks (when the class ends). I started Monday. This should be interesting...:cool1:

I read that one back in 8th grade...certainly was interesting. That class sounds really cool though! I'm super jealous.

That is so exciting!!! My high school just did Beauty and the Beast this winter, and it was honestly the best experience I've ever had in a show. I had always been in the ensemble, but this year, I got to play Belle! It was an incredible experience. Everyone in our cast was so incredibly talented, and we sold out all three shows (something only a Disney show could make happen :goodvibes) Before an after every show the leads got to do a meet and greet thing with the kids that came to the show, with picture taking and program signing and so forth, and that combined with being in the show itself has truly made me want to become a cast member as a princess in Disney World (hey, a girl can dream right?) good luck, I really hope you get the part! If you have any questions or just want to talk about the show feel free to message me!

Before an after every show the leads got to do a meet and greet thing with the kids that came to the show, with picture taking and program signing and so forth, and that combined with being in the show itself has truly made me want to become a cast member as a princess in Disney World (hey, a girl can dream right?)

Thats such a great feeling. Last year, I was peter pan at a regional theatre, and we did a meet and greet. It makes your heart melt when a kid comes up to you, thinking your an actual character, and you can tell you mean something to them....

I read that one back in 8th grade...certainly was interesting. That class sounds really cool though! I'm super jealous.
Death of a Salesman: Complete. Crucible: Underway!

That is so exciting!!! My high school just did Beauty and the Beast this winter, and it was honestly the best experience I've ever had in a show. I had always been in the ensemble, but this year, I got to play Belle! It was an incredible experience. Everyone in our cast was so incredibly talented, and we sold out all three shows (something only a Disney show could make happen :goodvibes) Before an after every show the leads got to do a meet and greet thing with the kids that came to the show, with picture taking and program signing and so forth, and that combined with being in the show itself has truly made me want to become a cast member as a princess in Disney World (hey, a girl can dream right?)

We did that with our production of Cinderella, but with a tea party type thing. It was really cute. We sold Fairy Godmother wands for all of the little girls that matched the Fairy Godmothers and brought all of the characters out. When I came out, all of the girls loved that we had matching wands (I was the Fairy Godmother) It was a lot of fun! :goodvibes

We did that with our production of Cinderella, but with a tea party type thing. It was really cute. We sold Fairy Godmother wands for all of the little girls that matched the Fairy Godmothers and brought all of the characters out. When I came out, all of the girls loved that we had matching wands (I was the Fairy Godmother) It was a lot of fun! :goodvibes

Those kinds of things sound so cool! It would be really fun but I don't know if my director would let us do that kind of thing - he is very picky about what we do where while in costumes. I will definitely be using my head senior position to try to persuade him to do something though :goodvibes

I don't know if this would count as theater but me and my friend Sarah was gonna do this magic trick for our school's talent show but she decided she didn't want to do it because she had stage fright (She was the one getting flattened, may I add.). I would like to do it next year with someone else though. It looked fun to do.

I finally have the How to Succeed soundtrack and I love it! I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did, but it's just so clever and fun! A lot of people don't think Daniel Radcliffe should have been Finch, but I like his voice a lot. If I hadn't already known he was in it, I wouldn't have even recognized his voice without his accent. The entire cast in amazing, and there isn't one song I don't enjoy. I especially like the songs "Been a Long Day," "Rosemary," "Paris Original," "How to Succeed," and "Brotherhood of Man." If you can't get the soundtrack, listen to it on youtube. All in all, I love that soundtrack!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter