Homecomin or Boathouse

ellataylor

Mouseketeer
I’m just planning our ADRs and can‘t decide between Homecomin’ and The Boathouse for our evening at DS. I like the look of both menu, slightly preferring Homecomin‘ but I like the idea of dining on the water at Boathouse, but I am guessing that is pot luck? We are 2 parents, 4 young adult children and our 4 yr old granddaughter. Which would you choose out of the two?

I am actually going to be the odd man out and say Boathouse. Every meal we have had there has been great---and their kid menu lives up to expectations of my kids, one of which is extremely picky. We've had live music there when we have been there before and the kids get a kick out of watching the "boat cars" driving around the water.

There was nothing I liked about the Boathouse. Not one thing food, service, etc. It was so bad I'd almost eat at Tony's. It finished ahead of Tony's by a nosehair.
Homecomin. I don't think the food in fantastic but the drinks are yummy and I'd like the hummingbird cake. I find myself getting cake and drinks after some other dinner in Disney Springs frequently
EDIT

Oh wait. That horror was Paddlefish. Boathouse was good. Food service etc. I'd go there again. Still probably finishing with drinks and cake at Homecomin.

We love Homecomin'- it's a must do each trip for us. It's not on the water but it's so nice to sit outside. The food is consistently good and we've always had such friendly waitstaff.

We ate at the Homecomin restaurant after it first opened. It was really hyped up and we couldn't wait. Well, to say we were disappointed is an understatement. The chicken was ok. The mashed potatoes were liquid enough to eat with a spoon! The muffins were too cheesey. Honestly, the only thing we liked about the meal was the mediocre chicken. We never went back.

However, we ate at the Boathouse for our anniversary and it was excellent with a Capitol E. The food was delicious and perfectly cooked. The wait staff was excellent. We loved the nautical atmosphere and ambience.
Since then, we have eaten their each trip and have never been disappointed.
This is just one family's opinion, and I am sure there are many others with opposing views. I never recommend homecomin to anyone.

We are from the UK so I think some American comfort food would be nice to experience. Maybe me and DH will visit Boathouse as well for a date night! Thank you all so much for your input

There was nothing I liked about the Boathouse. Not one thing food, service, etc. It was so bad I'd almost eat at Tony's. It finished ahead of Tony's by a nosehair.
Homecomin. I don't think the food in fantastic but the drinks are yummy and I'd like the hummingbird cake. I find myself getting cake and drinks after some other dinner in Disney Springs frequently
EDIT

Oh wait. That horror was Paddlefish. Boathouse was good. Food service etc. I'd go there again. Still probably finishing with drinks and cake at Homecomin.
I was about to be very angry with you, until the end 😂

Can't really go wrong with either. Whether you have kids or not, they both have things for kids and picky eaters. Two of our favorite places to eat in Disney. If I was pinned against the wall to make a choice ide say Homecomin but not by much. My son (18) says Homecomin, my wife says Boathouse. I might change my mind tomorrow....

We are from the UK so I think some American comfort food would be nice to experience. Maybe me and DH will visit Boathouse as well for a date night! Thank you all so much for your input
You could have a drink and snack at the Boathouse bar/Dockside before supper. The food at Chef Art’s is predominately fried and heavy. The portions are huge so order a few dishes to share.

I agree with the poster who said Homecomin' is over hyped. The food is pretty heavy so if you have any intent of walking around Disney Springs for any period of time, I would go with the lighter fare at the Boathouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter