• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Homecomin' Reservation Bump

xipetotec

DIS Veteran
I know there is some flexibility that can be granted at a restaurant podium at WDW. In fact, because we travel in large groups, it's pretty common for us to have to book several reservations, then go talk to the podium earlier in the day to see if we can't get seated together, or even better "merged".

I also know Homecomin' has been known to accommodate walk-ups even on days where no ressies are available.

MY question is what sort of success people have had with HAVING a reservation here, and having them allow for an earlier seating? ( and I AM open to passing by the resto earlier that day ). In this case, we are only a group of 6-7, I DO have a ressie, but at 8:10pm. What are the chances I can pass by, say at 4pm and talk to the host/hostess and see if they can bump us up to a more 6-6:30 time slot? ( I'm going to try either way, but looking for others' experience here for some peace of mind :D )

We've done it. They hold tables for walk-ups (which is why reservations are so hard to snag) so on any given day, they have a lot of fluidity to their seating. We went once about 2 hours early and I told her we had a reservation but were really hungry and could we switch to a walk-up. It was no issue at all.

I think restaurants struggle to seat people early when they run 100% off reservations so all tables are "taken" but when the restaurant is already seating so many on a walk-up basis, it's no biggie to just mark you as present and seat you earlier.

(I've stopped trying for reservations there - we eat there often and only as walk-ups. It's just too hard to grab!)

I gone to homecomin’ early and asked if we could be seated. But we are a party of 2 and it was moving a reservation from 2 to closer when they opened, so they were not busy yet. I would say it never hurts to ask but the larger your group and the day of the week could make it harder. Example I wouldn’t try with a group if 6 on Saturday night, but as some who waitressed and hosted for years I also know how crazy weekends can be. Good luck!

I gone to homecomin’ early and asked if we could be seated. But we are a party of 2 and it was moving a reservation from 2 to closer when they opened, so they were not busy yet. I would say it never hurts to ask but the larger your group and the day of the week could make it harder. Example I wouldn’t try with a group if 6 on Saturday night, but as some who waitressed and hosted for years I also know how crazy weekends can be. Good luck!
Fortunately, this is a wednesday, so at least there's that :D ... Also, I do plan on passing by earlier in the day ( and not showing up right at dinner expecting to be seated ). So fingers crossed

Of course, until then I will keep checking the official site to see if I can move it normally.

You have nothing to lose by trying! I agree with your strategy. We enjoy eating there, but have always done better with lunch ADRs. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter