Homecomin'

Violet Parr

DIS Veteran
I'm rearranging all of our ADRs because of park plan changes, and I'm having second thoughts about Homecomin'. (Gosh, I wish they would have left the name as Homecoming!)

I wanted to go the last two trips and was really sad to miss it both times. However, one of the ways I prioritize our dining choices is to go for things that we can't easily get at home. We have a local restaurant with a very, very similar menu and vibe, and it is in our regular family rotation.

I wonder if we'd be better off skipping that ADR and tossing the dining credit to accommodate another signature (Jiko?)

Can anyone share Homecomin' experiences that might sway me one way or the other?

Thanks!

VP

Last edited:
We ate there for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I was completely unimpressed! Their famous fried chicken was horrible! Breading was so overpoweringly flavored with rosemary and mushy! Gravy served on the side was so cold it congealed in the cup! Appetizer of tasso ham on biscuits was good and a nice portion for the price.

I thought it was ok, but really kind of unremarkable. I am glad I tried it but I would go with Jiko.

Unimpressed. Over priced and the service was horrible. Not our server, the kitchen. They messed up my DH's order and our food came out cold. The manager gave us free dessert but I thought everything was just "ok." The hype was so huge on this place I wanted it to be more but it wasn't. I don't think you are missing anything. I would rather go to Jiko or Saana for that matter.
Will I eat there again? Maybe if someone else wanted to go but don't be too hard on yourself for missing it.

Thanks, everyone! I showed the menu to my husband and he said, "that looks just like Lucy's." We can get basically the same thing here, so we're thinking we'll use the credit for something we have less access to in our area.

Thanks again for the feedback! It really helps!

VP

I love the chicken. I don't use the dining plan though, so if you're trying to use a credit I'm not sure I'd recommend it as a good DDP buy.

Living here in Kansas City with Strouds I was completely underwhelmed by their chicken. Don't get me wrong it was OK but not incredible. But their deviled eggs almost tempt me to sneak back there.

We just ate there a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it. We liked the chicken but I'm not sure it's anything extraordinary. Jiko would be a notch or two higher if everyone in your group is cool with the menu choices. :earsboy:

I’m shocked to read the negative reviews...because we feel the same way and thought we were alone in our opinion! While I don’t think Homecomin’ is bad, it wasn’t worthy of the raves it received when it first opened. We’ve eaten there twice and feel there are too many better options in Disney Springs to go back again anytime soon.

Have been there in august, I had the chicken, which was really good, but not "to die for". The Hummingbird Cake was more than delicious, even my husband, who don't usually eat any cake, loved it. Didn't like that we had to wait long for our diner altough we were there early and the restaurant was not too full. If I were you I would not be sorry to miss Homecomin', it is nice but nothing extra special.

Just ate there last night. Totally enjoyed the atmosphere as it's very homey and comfortable. For apps we got the hush puppies and deviled eggs which were good, but nothing spectacular. As the previous poster mentioned, the fried chicken was very good, but not "to die for". I honestly thought the pulled pork and baked mac and cheese was far better. We're not big dessert people, but the Hummingbird Cake was amazing. We were all stuffed but managed to clean the plate. I would definitely return but I wouldn't be devastated if I couldn't get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter