• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Homecoming for brunch

Avery&Todd

DIS Veteran
So, DH and I are doing a quickie adult-only trip to WDW in February and I missed the 180 day mark (dang it!), and I've wanted to try a few new (to us) restaurants in Disney Springs..

I really, really wanted Homecoming for dinner but I cant get it (I do have searches on both Touring Plans and Mouse Dining) but I did find a BRUNCH so I'm super excited about that!

Has anyone been to Homecoming there for Brunch - pictures or reviews you want to share??

We've also booked The Edison, Morimoto and the Boathouse...

Can't wait!!!

ps. I am a little torn on The Edison - the theme looks great, but I haven't seen very good food reviews..

I would just eat at the bar if you want to get into Homecoming for dinner. Had a great experience there a few weeks ago.

We're going in a few weeks. I can post a review. We are also doing Edison and Morimoto...I feel the same way about the Edison as you, but I think we're going to try it.

We're going in a few weeks. I can post a review. We are also doing Edison and Morimoto...I feel the same way about the Edison as you, but I think we're going to try it.
Thanks!!!

I can't wait to hear about your visits!!

My partner and I did Homecomin' brunch on the September 29th. I was a bit hesitant as I haven't heard many positive reviews for the brunch, but we are both really big on brunch, so we decided to give it a chance. I am really happy that we did, as the food was amazing. I would say that may have been my favorite tasting brunch food on site (we've done California Grill brunch multiple times, and while that experience is overall better and you can't really compare the food too much, I honestly thought the entrees at Homecomin' tasted better).

I had the Hallelujah Biscuit after asking the waiter for his opinion, as I usually order eggs benedict if it's on the menu, but before I could list the benedict as an option I wanted an opinion on he told me I had to get the Hallelujah Biscuit, and I was not at all upset, it was seriously good. The maple pecan donuts were also amazing, and I enjoyed the bloody mary variations I had (though if you get the whiskey one, please note that it is sweet).

My only complaint is that it is very heavy food, so you may feel a bit like a glutton after finishing your meal.

On one of our previous trips we did The Edison for lunch and we did like it. I had the grilled cheese/tomato soup combo and the grilled cheese was really good (and huge), but just a warning, they put a significant amount of mustard on it, even though it's not listed in the description, so that can be a bit off putting if you aren't expecting it. I thought the drinks/atmosphere here at lunch were great, but not sure I'd love it there later at night when more crowded.

Brunch was great! You are welcome to order off the regular menu, too, so you get the best of both worlds.

We split a breakfast entree and it was plenty of food for 2 adults - the portions are extremely generous.

If you really want dinner, we've never had trouble finding seats at the bar immediately (party of 2) and last weekend, we were a party of 6 walk-up and had just a 20 minute wait.

Brunch was great! You are welcome to order off the regular menu, too, so you get the best of both worlds.

We split a breakfast entree and it was plenty of food for 2 adults - the portions are extremely generous.

If you really want dinner, we've never had trouble finding seats at the bar immediately (party of 2) and last weekend, we were a party of 6 walk-up and had just a 20 minute wait.
My partner and I did Homecomin' brunch on the September 29th. I was a bit hesitant as I haven't heard many positive reviews for the brunch, but we are both really big on brunch, so we decided to give it a chance. I am really happy that we did, as the food was amazing. I would say that may have been my favorite tasting brunch food on site (we've done California Grill brunch multiple times, and while that experience is overall better and you can't really compare the food too much, I honestly thought the entrees at Homecomin' tasted better).

I had the Hallelujah Biscuit after asking the waiter for his opinion, as I usually order eggs benedict if it's on the menu, but before I could list the benedict as an option I wanted an opinion on he told me I had to get the Hallelujah Biscuit, and I was not at all upset, it was seriously good. The maple pecan donuts were also amazing, and I enjoyed the bloody mary variations I had (though if you get the whiskey one, please note that it is sweet).

My only complaint is that it is very heavy food, so you may feel a bit like a glutton after finishing your meal.

On one of our previous trips we did The Edison for lunch and we did like it. I had the grilled cheese/tomato soup combo and the grilled cheese was really good (and huge), but just a warning, they put a significant amount of mustard on it, even though it's not listed in the description, so that can be a bit off putting if you aren't expecting it. I thought the drinks/atmosphere here at lunch were great, but not sure I'd love it there later at night when more crowded.

OK - so I was thinking that the brunch you just ordered off the menu - or is it like California Grill and you have a mini buffet and you order off the menu? Is it a set price or what I order off the menu?

I'll be honest, I'm really hoping for a brunch at Cali Grill but I'm happy we have Homecoming..

thanks everyone!!

OK - so I was thinking that the brunch you just ordered off the menu - or is it like California Grill and you have a mini buffet and you order off the menu? Is it a set price or what I order off the menu?

I'll be honest, I'm really hoping for a brunch at Cali Grill but I'm happy we have Homecoming..

thanks everyone!!

It's just a brunch menu; definitely not a buffet - here is the link to it: http://www.homecominkitchen.com/pdf/Homecomin-Brunch-Menu.pdf

You can also request a regular lunch/dinner menu and order items off that, too.

thanks everyone!!
Ooops, I should have clarified, you just order off a menu at Homecomin', there's no brunch entree/mini buffet combo. I was just comparing the two because I feel like Cali Grill brunch is the pinnacle of brunches at WDW, and I wanted to reiterate that I enjoyed the food just as much, if not more, at Homecomin' (though I think everyone should do the Cali Grill brunch if given the opportunity, overall the experience is excellent, and it's also the reason we've never done a different Sunday brunch at Disney, we always do Cali Grill).

If you want a brunch similar to Cali Grill with the mini buffet and the entree, I'd consider Maria and Enzo's (I can't vouch, we haven't been there yet), or for that type of brunch experience any morning, Ale and Compass has a similar type of buffet with a choice of entree structure at breakfast daily (and we have been there and it was quite good).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter