Homemade Autograph Books...??

Renee70

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever made their own autograph books? if so, would you be willing to show pictures? :)

Renee D

Many dollar stores and the Target dollar spot now have little notebook/autograph books. Also many hotel gift shops carry cheap, but nice ones.

Just an alternative. :thumbsup2

I am going to attempt to make one. I haven't started yet as this is a surprise trip for DD and I have to wait till she goes to bed to work on it. I will post pictures when I am done.

Sorry I don't have any pics online, but I bought a 6x6 scrapbook at Walmart for $5 and digitally scrapped a 6x6 page for each photo my daughter has with a character. I then added a matching 6x6 coloured piece of scrapbook paper adjacent to the photo for the autograph. I then added a number of blank coloured pages for characters that I had no photos of yet. Scrapping digitally allows me to update the photos of my daughter with the characters after each trip with minimal effort.

As a matter of fact, I have just finished my girls books for our April trip!! I have made homemade books for the last 3 years, and every year seems to get a little fancier...hmmmmm...amazing how that happens!!

It's actually easy to do. You can start with a small prebound book from dollar tree or target or another store and then decorate the cover with Disney paper, stickers, etc. as many others have mentioned.

I start from scratch and do it all on my own. That is just the crafty person that I am and I enjoy making a totally unique book just for my girls. I start by buying 12x12 brown board book covers. I cut them down to a 6"x8" size (I get 1 book from each board this way). Then I cover them with scrapbook paper the girls select. I add some great cricut character pieces to decorate the fronts, cover both front and back with clear contact paper to protect them from water and dirt (and the cricut pieces from falling off!), add holes and eyelets, then fill with plain white cardstock pages cut down to 5 1/2" x 7 1/2". I use metal binder rings to keep them all together. They have turned out so cute! This year I made a simple character print with Disney 2011 on the front for my 10 year old and I did a Chip n Dale for my 6 year old. So fun!! It did take several hours, but I feel it's so worth the time to make them something so special to remember the trip with. They love having the characters sign and then we place a picture of them and the character on the opposite page after we get home from the trip. Fun!! I would gladly post pictures of all the books, but I am quite inept at getting them from my camera to the computer to the site...maybe DH will help me later??

By the way, great name, Renee!!:thumbsup2

Ill be watching this thread closely. Im in desperate need of some ideas as well. Last year when we went, I ordered mine online. This year, id love to make my kids one. I love the idea of putting a pic on the other side of the signature! I have TONS of Disney scrapbooking stuff, and have a few Cricut fonts, but no ideas lol...Im in a slump!! :confused3

I just created one using some of the great designs from the DISingers on this awesome site! I uploaded the jpgs of the characters we are hoping to see on Shutterfly and then ordered their snapbook. It holds 50 photos and they are spiral bound together on the left hand side. I did a 4x6 and it cost me about $20 or so. A little more expensive but I did one for whole family and my boys thought it was really cool!

Last yr I bought her a Mnnie Mouse back- pack and a fat pern marker and all the char. signed it. She was so proud every day in school. It worked so well, and all her friends saw it every day. I bought another one for our Aug trip. Nicer back pack and plain, so there is more room. (And a plain lunch back to sign too. :) :love: ..prolly the same price as the books that always fall apt.

I went to the Creative DISign thread, there are several people that make autograph pages. I just downloaded them and printed 4 to a page on white cardstock, then cut and punched a hole in one corner and got a metal ring at Staples. Then when I got home, the autograph could go right in the scrapbook next to the photo.

Another thing my daughter did for her fave character (Tink) was to get Tink to sign her Tink hat, which she wore for the rest of the trip. We have also painted a wooden picture frame and had the character sign that and have a nice picture inside. Once we also got a poster of all the princesses in the castle (Walmart) and then had them all sign it and hung it on DD's bedroom wall.

I just cut 8x8 pieces of cardstock and put them in a ziplock bag along with retractable sharpie markers. We would just have the characters sign one and now that we are home I will be making an 8x8 scrapbook of with signatures on one side of the page and their pictures on the other side. I personally didn't want to do just autograph books because I wanted it more personal.

I buy a little 4x5 wire bound scrapbook from Hobby Lobby. It's card stock paper, so quite durable. I try to have them sign on a page and leave the opposite page blank so I can add a photo later. We usually never fill the book with autographs, so that leaves extra pages for photos of us together, the castle, fireworks, etc. I'm not sure if DD treasures those books as much as I do, but I really love them! The provide a little glimpse into each of our trips and are quick to put together.

I have! I also used filed from the Creative DISigns thread on the DIS. I printed them 2 per page on 8.5x11 paper, and I made my own cover. Then I had them bound at Staples. Was great!

My plan (trip is over a year old now, but still working on this) is to adhere the picture with the character to the facing page on the book.

Here's a link to the Autograph Book thread on the DISign Board
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160

I am trying to make my own autograph book. I bought just a regular small spiral notebook (100 pages 7" x 5").

I have two ideas - one is to glue pics of disney characters on the left side of each page (each page will have a different character) and have that character sign on the right side - then add stickers when I get home

second - do a pic in one of the corners, and have the character sign on that page, then if there is room add stickers when I get home.

I haven't decided which one I want to do. Trying to see how many different characters are seen in the parks and how many autographs my oldest got in 2003. That will determine which way i should go.

question - are there ever any of the villains around in the summer??

Alright I'll give this a try!
I bought these pre-made plain recycled "books" for $1 at a local craft store. They come with the pen too! I bought stickers & scrapbook paper with Disney themes on em. I sheet covered one book - exactly -whew!

I printed out the titles on "address labels" using Disney fonts using a card making program (Printmaster is my fav).
http://www.disneyexperience.com/customize/fonts.php

and outlined the labels using a Pental outline marker with dual colors in hopes it doesn't look tacky! I wish I could have taken the pages out and printed on them individually but they are bound. Oh well.

My girls are a bit older so I made them more like a journal & scrapbook but definitely enough pages for autographs. You could personalize those pages too!

I took the ideas from
http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads/kids/journal.shtml

The final projects. There are several pics!

http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums...rebecca1176/?action=view&current=100_2150.jpg
rebecca1176

Hope that gives you some ideas!
Have FUN!

Good luck.

Becca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter