Homemade FE gifts - Part 2

Corinna, would you mind PM me the Hidden Mickey images? I love these necklaces!!! You are very creative!

Leanne

Corinna, I know you have been asked many times but could you please PM me the Hidden Mickey images and how you created the necklace! We are cruising on the Fantasy with our Granddaughters in June and they would be great.

TracyJAE said:
Disney Door Magnets
http://www.etsy.com/search?q=disney%20cruise%20magnet&view_type=gallery&ship_to=ZZ&min=0&max=0&ref=auto3

It's a shame people are making money off of designs that were created and shared by someone FOR FREE and now others have essentially stolen them and are charging for them. :(

Some folks don't have access to a printer to make their own(or simply don't want to take the time or have the time to do them up themselves), I see nothing wrong with this. It takes a lot of ink and getting the sizing correct, not to mention buying special magnetic paper. If someone is willing to make them up and print them out and people want to pay someone for that service....why not?

Some folks don't have access to a printer to make their own(or simply don't want to take the time or have the time to do them up themselves), I see nothing wrong with this. It takes a lot of ink and getting the sizing correct, not to mention buying special magnetic paper. If someone is willing to make them up and print them out and people want to pay someone for that service....why not?

I haven't looked at what is being created but once people start making money from Disney items it is an infringement on Disney copywrites, something Disney takes very seriously.

I haven't looked at what is being created but once people start making money from Disney items it is an infringement on Disney copywrites, something Disney takes very seriously.

They(Disney) don't take it too seriously or you would have all the handmade fish extenders and Disney theme gifts that are handmade floating around on Ebay and Etsy :thumbsup2

People are selling the same magnets that people have the graphics made to print up themselves. Somebody else is purchasing the magnetic photo paper and ink, and printing them up for them.

I believe they do take it seriously, and also think it's very costly to pursue and prosecute which is why u don't hear more about it. Not getting 'caught' doesn't make taking advantage of Disney right.

And 'special' magnetic paper is sold online and at most any office supply store (staples, Office Depot). And 'ink' and 'time' are just excuses in an attempt to justify what boils down to copyright infringement, if not theft.

Corinna, I know you have been asked many times but could you please PM me the Hidden Mickey images and how you created the necklace! We are cruising on the Fantasy with our Granddaughters in June and they would be great.

You have a PM.

Corinna

Hi all! Glad I found this thread. I'm hoping to join the FE exchange group for our 12/15 EC on the Fantasy. Great ideas!

They(Disney) don't take it too seriously or you would have all the handmade fish extenders and Disney theme gifts that are handmade floating around on Ebay and Etsy :thumbsup2

People are selling the same magnets that people have the graphics made to print up themselves. Somebody else is purchasing the magnetic photo paper and ink, and printing them up for them.

If you actually read through some of the listings, it actually states that you are just paying for the design file. You have to print it out yourself. I do not think this is right. I used Millipie's files for my magnets and FE gifts, but I am not making a profit off of it. If you want to help someone who doesn't know how to design, then do it free of charge...don't try to make a profit from it. :eek:

It's a shame people are making money off of designs that were created and shared by someone FOR FREE and now others have essentially stolen them and are charging for them. :(

A friend of mine designed an image (not Disney related) and posted it on his website with the intention that it be free of charge to anyone for personal use. But it ended up on one of those scuzzy sites that collect images, watermark them, and then charge a fee to download the original. It was a huge battle for him to get it off that stupid site, even though they had no special claim to it. So stealing someone else's original work is a pet peeve of mine.

That said, I've requested images on the DISign board here only to be asked for a "donation" after the fact. So at least the person selling their designs (hopefully they are their own designs and not blanks copied from someone else) is being up front about the fee.

In reality I think almost all the designs I've seen use Disney images in some way though, so it's not like the designers are coming up with completely unique artwork. I've never really understood the propietary attitude some folks have when they're basically layering images (albeit in creative and artistic ways) that were created by someone else in the first place. JMHO

OK, hopefully back to homemade FE gifts now...

We just returned home from our 4-night Dream cruise and here are the FE gifts we gave.

For the adult females - a set of 3 blank note cards.
jpg.jpg

FECardPocket.jpg

FECardPennant.jpg

With a stamp holder:

063.jpg

For the adult males - 2 tile coasters.

2012-09-14_12-19-55_715.jpg

I lucked out and had no real tweens or teens (I find it difficult to find items for that age group)! So the boys received various non-handmade items and for the girls - a bottle of Pixie Dust (and some other non-handmade items).

PixieDustPhoto.jpg

We just returned home from our 4-night Dream cruise and here are the FE gifts we gave.

jpg.jpg

FECardPocket.jpg

FECardPennant.jpg

With a stamp holder:

063.jpg

I lucked out and had no real tweens or teens (I find it difficult to find items for that age group)! So the boys received various non-handmade items and for the girls - a bottle of Pixie Dust (and some other non-handmade items).

PixieDustPhoto.jpg

Great gifts!!!!:goodvibes

jpg.jpg

FECardPocket.jpg

FECardPennant.jpg

With a stamp holder:

063.jpg

PixieDustPhoto.jpg

Super cute cards!

Just wanted to thank everyone who has posted their gifts. I have a huge list of ideas and now I need to narrow it down, so I guess I need to go do some shopping to price things out. ;)

I will be back to post some pics once I get something together.

Since most of you are very crafty, I need to ask for some help. I am looking to purchase a first time sewer (me) sewing machine. I have been looking at both the brother and swinger machines. I would like to keep it under $200.

I was leaning towards the swinger sold at Joanns so someone could teach me the basics.

Any suggestions? Thanks

WhitGB said:
Since most of you are very crafty, I need to ask for some help. I am looking to purchase a first time sewer (me) sewing machine. I have been looking at both the brother and swinger machines. I would like to keep it under $200.

I was leaning towards the swinger sold at Joanns so someone could teach me the basics.

Any suggestions? Thanks

I got one for super cheap last Black Friday! It was at Walmart, and it was a brother "project runway" special. It is super basic, but does all the things I need it to do! I think it was under $100

I made these post it note holders for the adults/ladies in our group. They are basically a magnetic frame with a piece of Disney scrapbooking paper inserted into the frame. The ribbon was purchased from an Etsy seller, and I ordered the post it notes from Vista Print.

Finished product
IMG_7125.jpg

Paper
IMG_7124.jpg

The adult baggies also contained World's Finest Chocolate (one piece for each adult in the room), which is made in my hometown Chicago, and a Land Shark Lager guitar pick with a magnet to attach if the person chose to do so. Land Shark Lager is brewed in my current city of Jacksonville. Everyone also received a postcard I had made up by Vista Print. The picture on the postcard is one I took back in 2008 during the Pirates Party; the backside of the postcard had the sailing dates and Ports of Call.

Assortment of gifts
IMG_7159.jpg

WFC
IMG_7162.jpg

Guitar Pick
IMG_7160.jpg

Postcard Front
Postcardfront.jpg

Postcard Back
Postcardback.jpg

I will sheepishly admit, I did not craft the kiddos things. Instead they received an assortment of goodies such as B&BW hand sanitizer (girls), Chap Stick (boys), gummi treats (Disney, of course!), Mickey hacky-sack type balls, pens and notepads, Pirate tattoos, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter