Honda CRV

D

debsays

Does anyone own a Honda CRV, if so, do you love it? How is it on gas, etc. Have a 2007 Camry and originally wanted the Honda CRV but never got it, now thinking I may want to make a trade.

I have an '04 Honda CRV and my husband has an '07 Toyota Camry. I love the CRV--mine is the base model with AWD. It rides really nice, but the back seat is a pain in the neck if you have to try and squeeze more than two carseats or booster back there. The belt buckle location for the middle seat is in an awkward spot--for me this is an ongoing problem as my kids are still in boosters and so are their friends.

Storage capacity in the back is great, the armrests for the driver and front passenger are super. Have had absolutely no problems with it yet (knock on wood) and we've put over 60K miles on it with drives to Colorado, NC, MA, NH, FL, and just about everywhere in between.

My husband's Camry is a great sedan. I like that it has the "smart seat" in the front so it automatically shuts off the airbag for smaller passengers. He has an SE edition with the super radio so he always makes fun of my CRV's radio (which I think is fine). The one issue we have with Honda is that to get things like tinted windows or an MP3 jack you have to upgrade models by several thousand dollars. I guess it makes the shopping easy because there are only a couple levels of the car, but we'd like to pay more a la carte for some of the features we want without say, leather seats.

Anyway, if you get a CRV I don't think you can go wrong. I especially like the fact that the new models don't have the spare hanging off the back.

Good luck with your decision.

I have a 2006 CRV and love, love, love it. The only reason I would get rid of it is to trade it in on a Pilot if I could afford it. I have taken 2 trips with it to Maine from NY with 4 adults in it and it is perfect. Great gas mileage and roomy. You can't go wrong with a Honda, IMO!

We have a 2006 Camry and a 2007 CRV. We traded in my husband's truck for the CRV. The Camry was mine to drive, but when we got the CRV, I took it over. I refuse to drive the Camry now.

I love, love, love the CRV. We have only had Toyotas for 20 years. So it was hard to convince DH to get the Honda, but it was an excellent move. I love the navigation system. I drives great and my DD14 loves it too. She's even agreed to drive the CRV when she turns 16, but refuses to drive the Camry. (She gets what she gets, but she can dream anyway).

It averages about 23 mpg. I drive about equal freeway (stop and go) and regular streets. It has great trunk space.

The only things I don't like about it (which hopefully they've fixed for the 2008. No automatic driver's seat and no auto lights. With my Camry, I just left the lights and auto and never had to think about turning them on/off. So I've actually driven at night once or twice forgetting to turn the lights on!!!

My DS24 has a 2006 CRV he bought brand new. He loves it. It's AWD with cloth seats and pretty standard equipment. We're a family with 3 Hondas (the 06 CRV,04 Civic-DS21, 07 Pilot-mine) and one Toyota (08 Solara convertible-DH's mid-life toy). Honda's are so realiable and hold a lot of value. For the poster who wants the Pilot, I love mine.

I'm in love with my CR-V! I had a '99, a 2003, and now a 2007. I won't buy any other car.
The CR-V is great on gas. We drove to WDW from PA several times, and our gas mileage was about $40 less than the AAA gas cost calculator predicted.
Enjoy your CR-V. You will love it!

Another vote for the CRV. I have an '06 and after being a Toyota family for years we got such a good deal on our CRV we went for a Honda. I would buy another one in a minute, not to mention its great on gas and I love the AWD feature!

I have a 2002 CRV, purchased new at the time. I love it. This is my 3rd Honda and they are great cars. They don't require a lot of maintenance, will run forever (my first, a Prelude, had 160K miles when I sold it), and hold their value. They are great in the snow and have a lot of cargo space.

I am on my second Honda, a 2007 CR-V. I LOVE it. I tell my husband several times a week how much I like it--I think he might be a little sick of hearing it. :thumbsup2 I loved my Civic, too, but this is the best car I've ever had. Can't imagine not having a Honda. I'd definitely recommend it!

I love my Honda 07 FIT. So far it has been the best car we have had. I was worried about it in the winter being so small but not now it drives great on the snow. I got it mainly for the gas savings over my GMC Van. Now the Van just sits in the drive.

I have an 2007 CRV and I love it! No real complaints at all. I would definitely buy one again.

I have a 2006. A few complaints, since I picked up the car, the back trunk light would not go off. have brought it back a few times and they have adjusted it so that the light goes off. Also before 15,000 miles when I would turn the steering wheel all the way to the left or right, it would make a grinding noise. I brought it to dealer and they told me something like it had to do with the fluid, they corrected it and told me that next time i would have to pay myself, he also told me that this fluid should be done every 30,000 miles. Another thing to consider is the cup holders, they are inconvenient where they are located and not many. In the front between the seats there is a thing you can put up that has cup holders but it is very much in the way so most of the time I keep it down. Also in the back seat where you put it down, you then lose space for a passenger. Also like previous poster said, the middle seat belt is a real pain in the neck. I actually get the same mileage that I got with my previous car, chrysler voyager. I compared the sticker that goes in the window and the mpg were the same even though it was 4 cyl. v 6 cyl. Would I buy another CRV, probably not because I think the new model is very ugly.

I have a 2006.
Another thing to consider is the cup holders, they are inconvenient where they are located and not many. In the front between the seats there is a thing you can put up that has cup holders but it is very much in the way so most of the time I keep it down. Also in the back seat where you put it down, you then lose space for a passenger. Also like previous poster said, the middle seat belt is a real pain in the neck.

The 2007 is redesigned entirely on the inside too, including cup holders. ;) I have a stationary console in my EX-L model with cup holders, storage with sliding top, etc. Got the leather seats, XM radio, moon roof too. And each door has a holder for a drink/bottle. The brake is no longer a hand brake either, it is left of the foot pedals.

Love love ours! We have a 2002 also, but the 2007 is MUCH nicer, smoother, plusher, quieter, etc. I'm glad the tire is off the back now too. Has a double glove compartment and lots of storage space.
I have not found anything to complain about yet! :)

I have a 2002 and I just hit 137,000 miles! I love it! It has never given me a moments problems. I think the grinding problem that a previous poster is talking about is the rear differential fluid. I do have to have that replaced every 50K miles or so. It's only $60 at the dealer though, not a big deal, I have it done when I get an oil change. The 4WD is great, I have driven right through a few snow banks with no problems. I have two Pugs, and they are crated in the rear when we are in the car (safest place for them). My only concern if I were to trade it in for the new one is that their crates wouldn't fit back there, the new one looks smaller... I agree that the tire on the back is ugly, glad they got rid of it in 07. I would definintely buy another one, I love mine!

We bought both a CRV and an Element this past year. The CRV is a better vehicle by far. Both get amount the same gas mileage (about 27mpg), but the CRV is so much more comfortable and fun to drive. I had a CRV back in 99 and hated it, couldn't wait to get rid of it. That's not the situation now.The stereo isn't the best in either new car and my CRV has the upgraded one. You really can't tell the difference in the two cars other than the fact that I have an in-dash 6 CD player. The CRV also has side curtain airbags and stability assist. We'd definitely buy another one. I'd love to trade the Element in and get another one!

I have an 07 CRV and I love love love it. Downsized from an Expedition and couldn't be more pleased. Gas mileage runs about 25 mpg for the commute and if I set the cruise on the highway it's over 30 mpg. No mechanical issues whatsoever. Like a previous poster said, you must turn the headlights off manually. Was hard to remember at first, but it gives an audible warning. Bought the EX-L with navigation because there was a 4 week delay in getting the same model without it due to the high demand. Now I can't imagine a car without navigation. It will be hard to turn this one over to the next kid!

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter