Honest feedback about All Star Music

Suprize2017

Mouseketeer
We are looking at four nights next summer. It will be five adults: my husband and I, our 19 year old daughter and our 18 year old sons. There are rooms at other resorts we could get, but we’d share a bathroom and pay considerably more (about $2000), or we can get a family suite at ASM, or even AoA and have more space and two bathrooms. Our previous trips have all been at moderate level resorts, but one of the twins was always able to stay in the pull down sleeper, and all three kids were considerably smaller than their current adult sized selves. The idea of staying at a value resort has always been a bit of a turn off. I guess I picture more noise and less comfort. Not sure if that’s accurate. I’m not sure why I worry about it as all we’ve ever done is sleep at our resort as we do the parks from rope drop until it closes.

Any feedback about ASM? Comfort? Size? How much noise can you hear when you’re in your rooms from people walking outside or the rooms on either side, above or below?

I'm also wondering if anyone knows of other advantages, beyond comfort and resort amenities, that deluxe has over value? Anything that would make that extra $$$$$$ worth it?

All Star Music is my favorite of the “Value” resorts. I to was not a big fan of staying at the All Stars but after my first trip to the Music resort I was a bigger fan. The resort is colorful and pretty and, for my two stays, it was very quiet. I have stayed in a family suite at Art of Animation and the suites at the Music are a very similar size. The suite was fairly roomy and comfortable. The All Star resorts are usually a last choice for me but a couple times were needed for budget reasons. It still feels nice and very Disney.

Deluxe resorts have a long list of extra amenities. However, if you would have to stay in one room, that would be a hard no from me.

AS Music is the best of the All Stars, but if you can swing Pop Century, its much much better.

The Values are noisy. No 2 ways about it. You can hear toilet flushes in neighboring rooms, as well as everything else. They are not good for light sleepers.

We stay at all 3 levels and over the years the Deluxe advantage has dwindled considerably, and we do not find that big of a deal on amenities and have just as much fun at the other resorts. We have stayed at POP for our last few trips and have loved it. I would also look into getting 2 Value rooms and put in a request (not guaranteed) for them to be connecting rooms. But I totally understand, if you're like our family, that sharing the same living space is more fun and want to stick with a suite. As for the noise level, the Value room setup is just like the Mods and should not be much different and I will say that if you have a loud neighbor it will not matter what resort your in. I believe that the suites are probably quieter because of the size and layout of the room.

Your reasoning is the exact reason we always stay Value. Why pay extra for a room you only sleep in? If you wanted to use the amenities of a Deluxe like pools with hot tubs and slides or are worried about bus transportation then go for it. But I can’t spend thousands extra just for a more adult themed room or stuff like that.

Someone said POP is way better but all they have different is the Skyliner.

Your reasoning is the exact reason we always stay Value. Why pay extra for a room you only sleep in? If you wanted to use the amenities of a Deluxe like pools with hot tubs and slides or are worried about bus transportation then go for it. But I can’t spend thousands extra just for a more adult themed room or stuff like that.

Someone said POP is way better but all they have different is the Skyliner.
Exactly, but our family actually does spend time at the resort we stay at and use the pool etc. so really more than a place to sleep. We just do not find having a hallway, hot tub, pool slide or balcony as any type of "must haves" to be worth $300+ more PER night. We love POP because of the skyliner and find it a big game changer. Think about it, at the deluxe resorts, you still have to use the bus to 2 of the parks, the same as POP:teeth:

We are looking at four nights next summer. It will be five adults: my husband and I, our 19 year old daughter and our 18 year old sons. There are rooms at other resorts we could get, but we’d share a bathroom and pay considerably more (about $2000), or we can get a family suite at ASM, or even AoA and have more space and two bathrooms. Our previous trips have all been at moderate level resorts, but one of the twins was always able to stay in the pull down sleeper, and all three kids were considerably smaller than their current adult sized selves. The idea of staying at a value resort has always been a bit of a turn off. I guess I picture more noise and less comfort. Not sure if that’s accurate. I’m not sure why I worry about it as all we’ve ever done is sleep at our resort as we do the parks from rope drop until it closes.

Any feedback about ASM? Comfort? Size? How much noise can you hear when you’re in your rooms from people walking outside or the rooms on either side, above or below?

I'm also wondering if anyone knows of other advantages, beyond comfort and resort amenities, that deluxe has over value? Anything that would make that extra $$$$$$ worth it?
I've stayed at all 3 levels but more in mods and values. I am fine with any of the values and I do think there's a level of noise and commotion there but summer is always busy with kids. Have you considered Coronado Resort? It is sometimes priced closer to the values (at least close to Pop) and it has a very deluxe feel to it - especially with the addition of the tower. I have two kids that are closer in age to yours (slightly older) and we can all stay together in one room. We stagger returns to the room in the evening for showers and it works for us. CSR also "can" have fewer kids at times because of conventions there - which is a plus in my book. Convention people are busy with their convention. It's also spread out somewhat but has gorgeous landscaping.

I stayed at CSR a couple of weeks ago and went over to the Poly for dinner and shopping. I realized when I got back to CSR that evening how much quieter/peaceful/relaxing CSR was. The Poly was like a madhouse lol! The AS Music suites are appealing though with the 3 queen beds so I'd pick that over a deluxe (or get two rooms at a value or maybe CSR?).

FWIW, I found ASMo and POFQ comparable in terms of noise level. I could hear my neighbor pee at POFQ.

AOA however topped both. We stayed in a Nemo suite facing the pool which was of course noisy, but also people passing our room in the hallway sounded like stampedes of wildebeest.

I agree with others who said to book two rooms and request connecting. It will likely cost close to what a suite would be, and I’m sure at your kids’ ages, they would appreciate the extra privacy.

YMMV but my experience the last three times I've been at All-Stars for a night (usually arriving earlier than expected then transferring hotels) it's been exceptionally loud. Like, woken up at 2am to drunk people loudly talking outside. Going in and out of their rooms, letting the door slam each time. I've never had this problem at any other resort, and yet it's been an issue each of the last 3 occasions I've been at the All-Stars. Could be coincidence, some people claim they've had perfectly quiet experiences at the All-Stars, but that's my experience.

Even just the minor step up to POP! has resulted in a much better experience for me. For whatever reason I haven't gotten the same noise issues.

I have my theories about noise/partying and the All-Stars being the absolute cheapest option, but ultimately it's all speculation.

If I were you I'd do POP! or AoA.

ETA - My noise experiences have absolutely nothing to do with pools. They've been facing the wooded areas/parking lots, and have been at 2-3am to boot. To well past pool hours. People just seem more likely to deprioritize resort when they're coming to Disney to party.

Last edited:

This is where we have gotten to. Loved our deluxe and moderate stays but once our kids got old enough to make our trips park centric it just made no sense to spend more for the rooms/hotels we spent so little time. They would rather eat good meals than spend money for the resort. Add that Values now have queen beds, that was a game changer.

That said Music is our least favorite resort and I don't see ourselves returning. The only plus I see for it now are the NEW suite designs and layout. And they are located closer to the main hub which is important because that AllStar is laid out different and location matters.

BUT if it were ME, I'd be pricing two regular rooms at POP or Sports (brand new renovation), gain that extra bed. If you are in the park all day you won't need the kitchenette. I think you could get two rooms at POP close to the cost of a Music Suite AND have the Skyliner and what I consider a much nicer resort. And if there are discounts next summer you could really save on two rooms - someone correct me but I think ASMU Suites were left out of discounts.

I’ve never stayed at music but have stayed at movies, sports, and aoa. While we prefer the deluxe, I have no issues staying at them. I’ve thought about the family suites before for our four because of the three beds and two bathrooms. I think staying in the suite would provide enough room. My major negative about value resorts is the four of us just feel so on top of each other in the regular room. I could open the door sitting on the pull down bed in our movies room.

As far as noise I think it depends on your location. We heard no noise in room staying at aoa suites or sports (we were in tennis section), but when we stayed at movies we faced the ducks pool. It was very noisy especially in the evening until the pool closed at 11. We can sleep through it (we go to bed earlier and rope drop) but if youre were a light sleeper you may struggle until 11.

Noise just in general at the resorts during the day I didn’t feel was bad. Unless you are at the main pool it seems.

I've only stayed at Movies but it's basically the same. Noise is luck of the draw. I've had terrible neighbors in the adjoining room at deluxe resorts so it can happen anywhere. Size is one of the main factors, the rooms are much smaller square footage wise. But if it's just for sleep, shouldn't be an issue, other than maybe fighting for who gets to put their bag in the best spot. The real downside for values for me is transportation, it's hard to rely on the bus for four parks when you've gotten used to walking or the skyliner or taking a boat. Additionally, lack of food options. We often have a meal at the resort and I get tired of the food court really quickly.

That said, if you're just in the room to sleep, and you're a rope dropper and park closer type, I think values are perfect. The worst noise is usually around the 7-9AM and 9-11PM timeframe when people are coming and going, so if you're already awake, that's not an issue.

You can hear everything in the values (people above you, people outside) but that's what ear plugs are for. If you get a room on the back side of a building where there's less traffic it can be pretty quiet.

We splurge on deluxe because we no longer spend every waking hour in the parks. We eat at the resorts, we have sleep in days, we take afternoon breaks nearly every day. But we rent or stay at Swan/Dolphin, I would not personally consider paying rack rates at WDW for deluxe, it's too much for us. Often times we pay less for deluxe than we would pay for Pop.

I've stayed all all three All Stars and Pop, the noise really depends on the location. If you are facing the pool/common area it is going to be noisy. If you are facing some of the wooded areas it will be fairly quiet. Yes, you can hear your neighbors if they are loud but I can hear my neighbors in the deluxe resorts. I agree with others maybe look into two rooms but I wouldn't "upgrade" to Pop or AoA. The only thing Pop has going for it is the sky liner, for me, it's not worth the extra money you pay for it for that. AoA is really on the level of a mod. price wise and frankly, I wouldn't pay it. The suite there does have the extra pull out bed in the dining area but I think they still use a pull out couch instead of the murphy beds in the living room area. You only get one bathroom at AoA where you get two in the suite at music and a slightly bigger kitchen area if that's important to you. With the suites you are usually going to have a king in the master and then 2 other beds, if you get two rooms you will have 4 beds.

You are going to be cramped in a deluxe or moderate unless you get two rooms. You could look into the cabins at the Fort. They have the bunk beds and a queen (I think) in the bedroom then a sleeper sofa in the living room. Only one bathroom but a lot more move around space. They aren't cheap, more than a suite at Music but less than a deluxe.

The only problem with renting DVC is you would probably need to go to a 2 bedroom. Most (if not all) of the one bedrooms have the master then the pull out couch or murphy bed in the living room so there wouldn't be enough beds. I think some do have the small pull down bed but that would only work if your daughter was a small person. The one bedrooms only have one bathroom. While they do have a full kitchen and washer and dryer and a larger living room area, sleep wise, I'm not sure that would work with 5 adults and the boys would be sleeping in the same bed.

I recently stayed in a standard room at All Star Music, and in the past I've stayed at all level of Disney resorts. The rooms are just as quiet as anywhere else. The only places it might feel loud are the food court and pools. The food courts can be busy, but once you get your food head all the way to the back and you should find some quiet seating. The pools are busy during the afternoons, even the side/quiet pools. But I've also seen other resort categories just as busy, so I wouldn't say it's a value problem specifically.

The biggest difference I notice is that the rooms are small. They are well designed, so you'll have plenty of drawers and decent closet space to put things away. But the gap between the beds and dresser is small, and there isn't a lot of room to walk between things. The family suites will feel much roomier when the beds are all folded up, but once they come down it's tight.

In addition to the designs, deluxe resorts usually have larger rooms, so you'll have more space for your things and if you'd like to spend time in the room. They also offer some evening extended hours. A huge advantage is the location and transportation other than busses. The pools are also more interesting and have the best slides.

All Star Music is great. We've stayed there twice. The rooms were recently renovated. They have hard floors (no carpet), comfortable beds, tons of shelf space in bathroom, and our room was quiet and super clean. It's a great affordable option. Unfortunately there are no water slides or table service restaurants, but it's a great resort for a family on a budget.

Thanks for all the feedback. I looked at Pop, but it doesn’t appear they have family suites? We’d have to get two rooms.

We still haven’t decided on anything. The two possibilities that are at the top of our list, for now, are a deluxe at Contemporary or Yacht Club, or two rooms at Port Orleans French Quarter. The plus to the two rooms are the space and two bathrooms. The plus to the deluxe are the two hours at the end of the day at MK and Epcot.

Yacht/Beach are my absolute favorite resorts on property, but obviously very expensive. Sorry, I can't speak to larger groups and how comfy/crowded you'd feel. POFQ is a very nice resort as well! On the value end, Art of Animation has family suites and is nice for a value resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter