• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Honest feedback about All Star Music

I can't fathom 5 adults sharing a room at either of those deluxe resorts. The bathroom configuration alone would make it very difficult, especially at Contemporary. YC would be slightly better, but those rooms are not large.

Have you looked at Art of Animation suites? They sleep 6 with 2 full bathrooms.

Exactly, but our family actually does spend time at the resort we stay at and use the pool etc. so really more than a place to sleep. We just do not find having a hallway, hot tub, pool slide or balcony as any type of "must haves" to be worth $300+ more PER night. We love POP because of the skyliner and find it a big game changer. Think about it, at the deluxe resorts, you still have to use the bus to 2 of the parks, the same as POP:teeth:
The difference is at most deluxe resorts, your bus alternative transportation is not at the mercy of the capricious FL weather. Boats are too, but the majority of resorts with boat transportation to parks also have walking paths as a fall back. Good luck walking back to Pop if the Skyliner goes down for lightning. The lack of a standard contingency procedure for Skyliner guests at Epcot specifically makes those resorts a no go for us. When it’s running, it’s great, but when it’s not it’s a clownshow.

Last night was an perfect example. Horrible rain storms around 4pm, per usual for summer, with lightning. We still walked to the TTC from Poly and took the monorail just fine to get there. While we were walking to our Remy LL we saw a sandwich board at the IG bridge telling Skyliner guests to get buses at the front of the park. And as far as we could tell there was no other communication. The thing is, about half the time they will direct those guests to buses at Beach or BWI so it would not have been an unreasonable assumption to make to walk to the IG despite the Skyliner being down. People who did that would have had to walk clear across the park back to the front entrance. Meanwhile when we were finished at the park, we just got back on the monorail and went home.

You do you but I would never stay at a Skyliner resort whether it was Pop or Riviera. Every single trip without fail I see this type of thing happening at least once when going to Epcot, and Disney likes to play roulette with Skyliner guests a bit too often for me. If I were price conscious and doing values I would just save the money and stay at Music.

My one and only experience at ASMusic was a noise nightmare. I got about 2 hours of sleep a night, if that. I heard every single word that was spoken in the room next door and everyone who passed by in front of the door.

It's possible the room had a connecting door to the next room--I don't remember. But I do remember how impossible it was to go to the parks after having all but no sleep. Also, I thought the place was quite unattractive. And I went once to the front desk area to see if I could switch resorts, but there were so many people in line--and I was so exhausted--that I just gave up.

I love POFQ. I've never had a noise problem there, and last December we were in a room facing the playground. We heard nothing from outside. I think 2 rooms here would be better than one room somewhere else. The four queen beds and two bathrooms would make everyone's stay comfortable.

POFQ doesn't share buses--although every once in a while in the very late morning (like 11 a.m.), they will do a loop at POR after picking up at POFQ. I've experienced this only once. The food court is fine, the buses run regularly, there's a boat to Disney Springs, and the place is beautiful and you don't have to walk a mile to get from point A to point B.

Compared with the other two All Stars, A-S Music non-preferred rooms are on average a longer walk from the food court and bus plarforms.

We stayed at ASMu in February, I was a little hesistent especially since it was a busy holiday weekend. The room was really nice and the resort was suprisingly quiet. We had our car so we didn't use transportation. Anyhow I would do two rooms so you have four beds and two bathrooms.

Values are ok if you have no other choices, but not known for convienience and comfort. The comfort of the other resorts make up for the bare bones features of the values. The noise at the values are overpowering and seemingly constant. If you can, go with a moderate or a DVC rental, nominal costs as compared to a deluxe.

The difference is at most deluxe resorts, your bus alternative transportation is not at the mercy of the capricious FL weather. Boats are too, but the majority of resorts with boat transportation to parks also have walking paths as a fall back. Good luck walking back to Pop if the Skyliner goes down for lightning. The lack of a standard contingency procedure for Skyliner guests at Epcot specifically makes those resorts a no go for us. When it’s running, it’s great, but when it’s not it’s a clownshow.

Last night was an perfect example. Horrible rain storms around 4pm, per usual for summer, with lightning. We still walked to the TTC from Poly and took the monorail just fine to get there. While we were walking to our Remy LL we saw a sandwich board at the IG bridge telling Skyliner guests to get buses at the front of the park. And as far as we could tell there was no other communication. The thing is, about half the time they will direct those guests to buses at Beach or BWI so it would not have been an unreasonable assumption to make to walk to the IG despite the Skyliner being down. People who did that would have had to walk clear across the park back to the front entrance. Meanwhile when we were finished at the park, we just got back on the monorail and went home.

You do you but I would never stay at a Skyliner resort whether it was Pop or Riviera. Every single trip without fail I see this type of thing happening at least once when going to Epcot, and Disney likes to play roulette with Skyliner guests a bit too often for me. If I were price conscious and doing values I would just save the money and stay at Music.

All I know is that we have stayed at POP 5-6 trips, meaning at least 3-4 days of the trip we have used the Skyliner and only twice has the Skyliner been down for one portion of the day. So, to not deal with those 2 times of a minor inconvenience, I would have to of spent over $10K more total to stay at a Deluxe for those 5-6 trips. LOL Like they say "worth is different for everyone".

"Good luck walking back to Pop if the Skyliner goes down for lightning." Really:(!!

"but when it’s not it’s a clownshow." How is this any different then when the monorail is down and you have to take a bus back to POLY.

Meanwhile when we were finished at the park, we just got back on the monorail and went home.
You complain about all the walking the Skyliner people has to do "to walk clear across the park back to the front entrance" if its down, yet, your paying thousands more, you walked from POLY to TTC and then guess what? You had to also walk "clear across the park back to the front entrance" to get to the monorail. o_O
You're right about "you do you" I just choose to save thousands of $$ for a lot of our stays. When we stay at a Deluxe we have a fantastic time, but we know that we are splurging on that trip and not because we think we are getting that much more benefits. But, when we stay at a Mod or value, the best thing is that we are still having a fantastic time, even if there may be a little inconvenience.

My vote is two rooms at Pop Century. On the skyliner and four queen beds and two bathrooms!

We stayed in a suite at ASMusic in May 2022, for our girls trip of 5 adult women. We had plenty of space and zero issues with noise or anything. I’m going back with one of my sons in September and we opted to stay at Music for that trip as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter