• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Honeymoon advice for May 2018

MrsArcher2B

Earning My Ears
My DH(34) and I(31) will be honeymooning in Florida from the UK. We land late-ish on Monday 30th of April and don't have to leave for the airport until about 4pm on Monday 14th May so we have 2 amazing weeks ahead of us.

We're staying in a villa offsite and have a car. We will be doing Disney (Of course!), Universal, possibly SeaWorld, Discovery Cover and definitely the Kennedy space centre. We are also huge shoppers so will be spending a bit of time at the outlets. Dining will be mostly offsite with a few snacks in the parks.

We've been once before, both adore Disney and love to look in all the stores, take in the general scenery and theming and enjoy the smaller rides. My DH is definitely not a thrill seeker so rollercoasters and the like are off the menu. We've never done any water parks, Discovery cove or Kennedy.

As it's our honeymoon I would really like to add in some different stuff that will make our time even more memorable, though I don't want to go crazy expensive. Possibly the keys to the kingdom tour.

What suggestions does everyone have? Have you done something you wouldn't hesitate to recommend?

Also are there any special events on in May? I know the flower and garden festival is on but I wondered if they have any star wars theming on May 4th or anything like that?

Kayleigh x

Yes, they usually do Stars Wars stuff for May 4th, but I'm not sure what. I've just read about it, maybe somebody who has been then can tell you more.

A fancy meal would be really special. Victoria and Albert's is pricey, but worth it for a honeymoon. I also think California Grill and then watch the fireworks would be very romantic. Most of the things that come to mind would be extra cost - tours (KTTK and the Animal Kingdom one get great reviews), dessert parties, Illuminations cruise, parasailing, and carriage ride at Port Orleans. But I think any of those would be great special "splurges" for a honeymoon and would be worth it the added cost.

Our honeymoon is Sep 2018 and here are a few of the events we are considering:
  • Keys to the Kingdom - I did this about 37 years ago and he never has so it'll be something new we can share together.
  • Lunch with an Imagineer - I did this about 10 years ago - each is a different experience depending on what division/projects the Imagineer has worked on. Very unique experience and the food at the Brown Derby was very good. Can be a longer experience ( ours was about 2 hours although it was supposed to be about an hour and a half )
  • Dessert party for one of the fireworks shows
Something else to consider - did you know you can register for your honeymoon with Disney? I can't remember the web address but it will come up if you google it. It will have lots of other ideas for you too.

Happy Planning!

though I don't want to go crazy expensive.
What do you consider crazy expensive? California Grill has a Sunday brunch. There's Dining with an Imagneer at DHS (Brown Derbyshire), and Dining with an Animal Expert at AKL (Sanaa at Kidani). Highway in the Sky dinner may still be going on then. You can arrange for Private Dining at the Grand Floridian even if you're not staying there.

Tour information http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tours.htm

eta There's a wedding and honeymoon forum on the DIS https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-weddings-and-honeymoons.55/

Last edited:

I would say I could afford about $100pp not including tax. Though the cheaper things are, the more I could do.

Thank you all for your help.

I'm thinking about the Star Wars dessert party. It has some pretty great reviews. As well as a tour, probably KTTK.

I've never been to any of the resorts even just to look around so I didn't think about doing anything there.

Thanks Kaytie, I did see the wedding/honeymoon thread but it mostly seemed to be about arranging weddings at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter