Honeymoon Dining Recommendations?

Daisy57b

Mouseketeer
Hi there!!

I'm planning my honeymoon! Yeah! Can't wait! What are some must do's for dining??? I already have the California Grille on my list. I'm still trying to figure out what time though (fireworks) for March. I also have the Garden Grille (rehitching ceremony).

Any others?

One dumb side question - I'm assuming you will need a park ticket to get into the restaurants in Magic Kingdom, etc...? We're not going to the parks every single day of our honeymoon.

Thanks!!!!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! During our honeymoon our 'big' meals were at
Artist Pointe at the Wilderness Lodge
Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge

I HIGHLY reccommend Jiko...the place was BEAUTIFUL! When making your PS, make sure to tell them you are on your HM. We had a fantastic waitress and a beautiful view of the little waterfall/river thingie outside. And the food was just wonderful!

good luck and congrats again!

I was also going to recommend Jiko and Artist Point. Both are on the quiet side and are located in beautiful resorts. I love to walk around the resorts after dining there. I also enjoy Narcoosee at Grand Floridian, with it's great view of the castle at night and Spoodle's or Flying Fish on the Boardwalk.

Friends of ours had their honeymoon at WDW in late September, ate at V and A's.....and are still on cloud nine over it.

Cal Grill

Brown Derby

Yachtsman Steakhouse

Flying Fish

Daisy57b-

I just returned from my honeymoon two weeks ago and had an amazing time!

In reference to your "dumb side" question, yes, you do have to use a day on your park-hopper to eat at a restuarant in any of the parks.

I echo the sentiments that Jiko had excellent food! My husband didn't enjoy the set up very much though. We were seated at a long bench-type booth that put us pretty close to other diners. there were individual tables available as well and I suspect his experience would have been even better if he was sitting there. We received a free dessert.

We enjoyed lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table (actually in the castle). They knew ahead of time that it was our honeymoon and we were seated central at the window with an amazing view of Fantasyland. They had decorated our table with balloons and confetti and gave us a free dessert.

Another favorite experience was at the 8:00 showing of the Polynesian Luau. The food was delicious, especially the fresh pineapple. The setting was very romantic and they had a part of the show where newlyweds and those celebrating anniversaries were invited to come near the stage and have a romantic dance together.

I made Priority seatings for all of my dining experiences and made sure it was noted that we were on our honeymoon. Everyone at Disney bent over backwards to make sure we were having a great time!

Brenda

I would highly recommend V & A's at the GF, Artist Point at WL, Cinderella's Royal Table at the Castle in MK, the Brown Derby at MGM, or Chefs de France in WS. Be sure and tell them when you check-in that your newly weds. They usually do something extra special. I know that on our recient anniv. trip in July I did this at Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner, and we got the tabel for two at the center window with some special extras. Really nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter