Honeymoon - Discovery Magic

jctweets

Earning My Ears
I am going to Disney on my honeymoon, and we chose the Discovery Magic package. I just received the information for all the choices we can make. Even though I've been there recently, I have never been to some of these restaurants that we have choices of, and I also don't know what "extras" we should sign up for. Cirque de Soleil was a choice, but I've been there and it's not for me. Any suggestions for restaurants, etc. would be great. I read the post for the Photograph session at the theme park, and that sounds amazing. I was thinking it might be stupid, but I like doing goofy things. At least I'd have a reason to be goofy. So we might consider it again. Any information that could help us with our planning would be great.

Thanks!

Hi!

I am also going to be honeymooning at WDW this summer, but in August. We also have the Discovery Magic package.

I have never been to WDW, but I posted about WDW on one of my wedding message boards and someone told me about this WDW website that has menus for almost all of the restaurants. It has really helped us out when picking restaurants.

Here's the URL: http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm

I hope this helps!

I am going in July too we leave on July 23rd for a whole week. We both have been before(not together) but we aren't doing a honeymoon package we will be staying with my father while there but will have our first night here in Arizona. =)

I am getting very excited as well. I love Florida but the humidity keeps me from wanting to move back again after my 6 months being lonely with nobody to go anyplace with. Now I have my husband to be it would be cool except the humidity and he would hate it. Though he was born there but of course he doesn't remember much he was a baby.

Lissaluv -

We're leaving July 22, and will be there until the 27. That's when my dad is coming to pick us up and we'll spend 2 nights there before heading back home. I don't mind the heat and humidity (and Florida's not as humid as Connecticut is), especially if it's for a good reason like Disney and my honeymoon.

We decided to go with the photo package, and now we're trying to decide what magical wishes we want.

Jctweets, congratulations on your upcoming honeymoon! How exciting! Could you please do all your fellow Dis'ers a favor? We have a thread over on the Dis' Resorts Board and it is regarding the Discovery Magic vacation package. If you could please post in there the "special" things that someone gets on a Honeymoon Discovery Magic package, that would be wonderful. Here is the link to the Discovery Magic Vacation Package (2002) thread. Thanks in advance!

I am also going to WDW for honeymoon in October using Discovery Magic Package.

Are you going in July this year or next year? If you are going next month, you should make your PS at some good restaurants now. Also, you should arrange your VIP viewing seatings for fireworks and parades in Epcot, MK and AK.

Anything else you wanna know?

jctweets, do you also post on the WeddingChannel boards? If you do, I'm August11_bride. If you don't, there's osmeone on those boards with the same screenname as you!!!

I'm not sure which package we're using for our honeymoon. We're going for 2 weeks, the first on land and the second on the cruise. FH is pretty much planning the whole thing since he's been there a million times.

Yes, Lisa, I also post on the Wedding Channel boards. FH and I have finished planning our honeymoon (for the most part). It's really funny because my parents live in Florida, so they're heading back (totally by coincidence) on the same flight we're taking down. So we'll go with them to the airport, they'll drive us to our hotel. We'll spend our last 2 nights with them, and then they'll take us back to the airport. When we get back, my FMIL will be picking us up. I have to laugh...we're getting married, but we're relying on our parents to get us to/from the airport.

We opted to do the photo for the romantic feature. We'll be dining at Narcoossee's, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Chef Mickey, we'll do the Polynesian Luau. It'll be great. I can't wait to get there. My favorite part, I think, will be Pleasure Island. I love the comedy club there. That's one of my first stops, so that we can go a couple of times on our vacation.

jctweets, I thought I recognized your name!!! LOL I posted a message for you in the July/August Forum of WC!!!! We're also having the photo session on our honeymoon. I"m not sure what I'm more excited about... the wedding or the honeymoon!! LOL

I'm definitely more excited about the honeymoon! I can't wait! Of course, we haven't been away in almost a year, so that could be why. 28 days and counting (30 days until we leave for Disney)!

Neither...I guess anxious would be the word I would choose. I'm not nervous and I'm not excited yet...still too many small details to finish first. We've got a wedding to go to this weekend, so it'll be nice for us to sit back and relax.

Enjoy the wedding! I just had my "surprise" bridal shower yesterday and relaized today that I can now say I'm getting married next month!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter