Honeymoon Help!

bekkiz

DIS Veteran
I have a feeling I know which you all will convince me to do, but I'll post anyway:)

What is the purpose of the honeymoon? Here is my quandary, we both enjoy more active places (ie neither of us are real tanning on the beach kind of people) We also don't drink or enjoy heavy nightlife.

That said, we're (or I should say I, as FH doesn't really care as long as he gets to come ) having a rough go at deciding on a honeymoon. On one hand, I really want to go to one of our favorite places (disneyworld). It's so much fun, we always have a wonderful time and it has everything I look for in a vacation, good food, great hotels and spas, and a ton of fun stuff to do. The downside, we've been twice already and I really hate dealing with the anti-disney comments many people share.

Another idea is to go to Bora Bora. Plusses, it's really awesome, great weather and a new place. Downside, beyond the ocean and snorkeling, there's just not that much that we're interested in doing (I get bored easily) It's also much more expensive

I also thought a combo trip might be neat. For example, we could spend a few days in the Bahamas and then another week or so at Disneyworld. More expensive, but it sort of gets rid of the disparaging remarks by others.

We're going to Europe this summer and next, so that's out. (Besides, it's the winter, I want to go somewhere warm)

If anyone has other ideas, please let me know. Any advice is also appreciated! I'm just confused...

To chime in here, I can't really comment on what the best honeymoon choice for you is, but it does sound from your post that you always have a great time at WDW, and that your reason for not going is that you may get snide comments by others. This is YOUR honeymoon, and who cares what other people say or think? If it's a big deal to you, just tell them it's a secret and you can't tell anyone where you're going. That'll sound mysterious and romantic :) I would absolutely not let other people's comments dictate anything at all about my wedding or honeymoon. We got married at WDW, and yes, when I first told my parents, my father asked if we were going to have Goofy officiating, but no, I wouldn't have dreamed of changing our wedding location. And it turned out to be the most perfect, magical, special choice we could ever have dreamed of!
Another thing to consider is that sometimes it's good to go to a place you know you'll have fun at. If you go somewhere new, it will be exciting, but you also may end up with a moldy hotel or bored or just finding everything too cheesy. We love WDW, b/c it's a sure thing for us - sure happiness, sure romance, sure fun, sure quality hotels & entertainment.
Best of luck deciding!
Cheers!
Heather W

I think we've decided. I presented the following trip to FH, and he thinks it would be a blast:

3 nights at Universal (maybe Hard Rock, maybe Royal Palms, we've already stayed at PB). We'll also do discovery Cove during this time

3 night Disney Cruise

6 nights at WDW. Pricing right now makes me want to lean towards POR on the Gold Plan, but perhaps AKL on silver

I'm excited, this is the kind of trip for me!

We've planned a similar honeymoon for June 2004. We're going to the GF the day after the wedding for 7 nights, then we're going on the 4 night Disney cruise, then back to WDW for 3 nights at AKL (always wanted to do the Sunrise Safari, so we'll be staying conceirge at AKL). We both love Disney and so it wasn't really a question for us, but we too had to deal with the comments of how we'll be there so many times once we have kids, etc. And my mom was pushing for Bora Bora--she's always wanted to go there and thinks it's the perfect, most romantic place to stay, with glass bottom bathtubs and private huts. But they've all gotten used to the idea and think we'll have a great time, as we both knew we would already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter