honeymoon in december

tjkj

Earning My Ears
My fiance. and I are going to get married some time this fall. We are not having a big wedding since neither of us realy want one,and we are going to just get married at the J.OI.P. He is in the military and is in Kyrgystan right now until around the middle of sept. he is due to get out of the miltary shortly thereafter. he is stationed in Georgia and i am in illinois. the problem is we are trying to schedule our honeymoon/vacation around christmas time. we are almost 100% sure he will be out by then.(he was supposed to get out in June, but b/c of 9-11 and stoploss, he won't get out until around late oct or nov). My question is.. How busy is disney during the holiday season, like dec 20 till new years? And how far in advance should i try to make our reservations? It is hard since he is in military etc... but could we get a refund on our vacation package incase something goes wrong and we couldn't make our trip? We were there last summer and stayed at riverside.. had an awesome time. Any suggestions for romance on our honeymoon would also be appreciated!!! We can't really afford the deluxe hotels, but wouldn't mind staying at Riverside again. Any suggestions, or idea would be greatly appreciated. I am in charge of planning all of this, since he is gone overseas! this board was a tremendous help when I planned our vacation last summer!!!

Thanks in advance!
TJ

Thanks
TJ

;) :cool:

Call Central Reservations to confirm this but I am under the impression that since he is in the military you get a military rate at a special resort called Shades of Green that is just for military people and their families. However, right now that is closed for major renovations, but they are putting people eligible for SOG at the Contemporary (your chance to stay at a deluxe hotel for a non-deluxe price!!). It is also my understanding that there is a special rate for SOG and this is the rate you would pay at the Contemporary. I do not know where this would put you in terms of buying park tickets and everything, you may want to also post on the resort board and see if anyone can give you any more information, you may also want to call Reservations and see what they tell you. WDW will be VERY busy the week of Christmas and New Years, however it is open later and there are a lot of extras that are not available during the other seasons. You might be able to see Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (separate ticket required). And the decorations that are up for the holidays are absolutely gorgeous. I also believe that the military rate for the room is the same year round, which would save you from paying top dollar for a resort at peak season. Good luck and post back, I would like to hear how everything works out for you.:D

Thanks so much for the information. We went through SOG last summer and got the reduced rate at Riverside. However, he will not be in the military anymore in Dec, so we will not get the military discount. He will be out by then. Sorry, if my email was a little bit confusing!!! Thanks for the information though!!!

TJKJ

I think it may still count if he is done with it. Call to be sure that he isn't considered "retired". What the heck, if you can get the rate get it. And since he is still "in" when you are making the reservation this might be enough, all you can do is call and ask. As your mother probably told you a million times "You never know until you try" (at least my mother always said this... about EVERYTHING!! LOL). Good luck

Congrats and good luck - it shouldn't be too busy in late December, but after Christmas it could get crowded! But it's worth it - we love going with the Christmas spirit filling the parks :D

You may consider buying a package for the honeymoon, as you can pay a minimal amount for trip insurance that would allow you to make changes or cancellations. Disney does have a cancellation policy which after a certain time will not allow you a refund, but they have allowed people to reschedule without loosing the deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter